[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

Bobitron

Explorer
The Shaman said:
Can you give Paco a chance to catch a boat to New York first? I'd like to see that! ;)

Speaking of...I can't find information on the cost of catching a tramp steamer or similar accommodations for the trip to New York from Chile - little help?

Good luck. My Google-fu has turned up nothing. I'm not very good, though.

Morpheus

Exploring Ptolus
The Shaman said:
I tried several searches: sea travel, ship travel, steamer, travel cost. No luck.

:\

If you post your question in the Classic Game forum, you should have an answer within an hour.

jdeleski

First Post
Die Rolls

I have a general question for everyone RE: die rolls. To keep the game moving along as quickly as possible, my plan for this campaign is that I will perform all non-critical die rolls for both the players and their antagonists using a randomized, computer program. However, whenever we arrive at a critical die roll such as when a character is placing deadly explosives, or attempting to rescue another character, or attempting a death saving throw, I will offer the option for players to use an online dicebox such as Nakada's and I would check for results.

Any thoughts about this?

Keep in mind that if the result of the die roll would provide too much information to the players that they should not be aware of, then I would make that roll myself. But I'm sure that there will be occasions when you, as players, might find it interesting/exciting to make your own death-defying roll.

----------------------------------------------------
Thanks!
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

taitzu52

First Post
I say this in all of my games: not only do I not trust myself, but I am lazy too. ;) Not only that, I am a true believer in the GM "fudge" factor. It's YOUR game, so please...roll away!

Gomez

First Post
The Shaman said:
Can you give Paco a chance to catch a boat to New York first? I'd like to see that! ;)

Speaking of...I can't find information on the cost of catching a tramp steamer or similar accommodations for the trip to New York from Chile - little help?

A tramp steamer from Chili to New York City in the 1920's?

Ok, a tramp steamer captain might ask for around $50 to $80 for a paying passenger. Though it might take several weeks to reach your destination because of detours and the captains whim. Some tramp steamer captains might even be willing to take on a extra hand who is willing to work hard in exchange for passage.

You might want to buy a one-way steerage ticket on a passenger liner. The trip from Chili to New York City would take about 8 or 9 days and cost you about $72.

I hope that helps

eabha

First Post
Bobitron said:
I would happily let you make all the rolls.
Ditto. Too much responsibility for the likes of me!

EDIT: Just put up Annie's response to the rejection letter. I got a little carried away...it's pretty long. But it was kinda fun.

Last edited:

The Shaman

First Post
Gomez said:
I hope that helps
Gomez is now my official travel agent.

Thanks very much - that was very helpful indeed! :)
jdeleski said:
I have a general question for everyone RE: die rolls. To keep the game moving along as quickly as possible, my plan for this campaign is that I will perform all non-critical die rolls for both the players and their antagonists using a randomized, computer program. However, whenever we arrive at a critical die roll such as when a character is placing deadly explosives, or attempting to rescue another character, or attempting a death saving throw, I will offer the option for players to use an online dicebox such as Nakada's and I would check for results.
Fine by me.

Remove ads