Scott Gygax invents D&D? According to Train Table

MPA

First Post
Despite the wrong name, what's the matter with the dating? Sure, it was created in 1972, but was published in 1973.

Last edited:

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
MPA said:
Despite the wrong name, what's the matter with the dating? Sure, it was created in 1972, but was published in 1973.
Wrong :p

I wrote the initial draft in 1972, a revised and expanded one in 1973, and the game was published at the end of January 1974. All of that is a matter of record, and any serious researcher should know those facts.

Gary

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Col_Pladoh said:

I wrote the initial draft in 1972, a revised and expanded one in 1973, and the game was published at the end of January 1974. All of that is a matter of record, and any serious researcher should know those facts.

Gary
So why do you think Scott would get the credit? How big a part of the creation process was he?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Jdvn1 said:
So why do you think Scott would get the credit? How big a part of the creation process was he?

Actually, I don't think there IS a "Scott Gygax", unless Gary corrects me. :)

MPA

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:

Gary

OK, it was something like a pre-publication. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I think it was sold in the GenCon of 1973, wasn't it?

EDIT: found it: http://www.acaeum.com/DDIndexes/SetPages/Original.html It is supposed to have been distributed at 1973 Eastercon, in very limited number.

Last edited:

Jupp

Explorer
In case someone has such a prepub box...could he/she please give me their address? ....please? *gives his best Thomas Crown smile*

Remove ads