The Nameless Legion: Templar Lance- Mission #1

Harvey

First Post
Homeworld. That's all you've ever known it as. It exists in some little corner of a pocket plane. A jungle world that holds a million secrets. In the middle of this jungle is your home, also known as Homebase.

Homebase is a sprawling structure in the middle of the densest jungle of Homeworld. Made of an obsidian-like stone, this complex marks the main base of operations of the Nameless Legion. As you've learned over your time here, Homebase is proof against everything from scrying to ethereal jaunting. It's here that you all now call home.

Revelry sounds this dawnbreak, as it has every dawnbreak since you've joined the legion. You can hear the sounders in the training fields, and as you look out the windows of your barracks, you see the overhead patrols fly by: everything from griffons to dire owls.

As you head to the mess hall for breakfast, a messenger approaches each of you. The messenger, a hobgoblin dressed in gray studded leather, hands you your orders.

The note reads: "Report to Briefing Room #12 to join your new lance at 8th chimes."

You all take care of your morning business, and, at the requested time, you report to the Briefing Room. You've all been here before, or a room very similar, and are familiar with the set-up. The entire room, from ceiling to floor, is constructed from the same obsidian-like stone that the rest of the complex is created from. In the middle of the room is a table roughly 40' by 80'. The wood is created from the finest darkwood from the world known as Eberron. You also take note of the various chairs seated around the table: 2 are sized small, 4 sized medium and 2 sized large. The chairs are made from the same material as the table. At one end of the table is seated a lectern, where the briefing warchief gives the mission details.

On a side wall, you notice the viewing portal. From past missions, you know that the portal is used for members of the lance that either a) cannot fit in the room or b) cannot exist in the same environment you do. As a matter of pride, most members of the Crashing Waves remain in the underwater wing of Homebase and sit in on missions via the portal.

OOC: Welcome to the Nameless Legion! Pick a color for your character’s speech, thoughts are in italics, and OOC comments in silver like this one! As each of you enter the room, feel free to introduce yourselves to everyone else, and when people get settled in, your boss will announce your first mission.

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

The fey known as Sylv enters the briefing room, giving it a quick look-around with her black eyes. With an unnatural grace, she flows to a chair and sits down. Her weapon and armor are stored inside her magic backpack as is most of her other equipment, which is put down next to the chair, so she wears only a simple linen tunic with the sign of the Rune Bearers embroidered onto it and loose linen pants, as well as her cloak, boots and magical jewelry. Resting the lyre in her lap, Sylv begins to gently pull the strings and play a beautiful melody, while she waits for the others to arrive.

Bront

The man with the probe
A slight dark cloaked figure emerges from opposite side of the room from the door (Hide: 38 Move Silent: 30 (Should only be +20)). She pulls back her hood to reveal her dark blonde hair and a big smile. She is quite obviously human, and some would consider her quite attractive.

She speaks in a high voice with a bit of an accent (Think southern/Daisy Duke)"Hi there. I'm Shadow. I'm new to this lance. I've seen you 'round a bit, you're Sylv, right?"

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

There's knock at the door and only a moment later it opens. Striding quickly but without haste a man in simple black robes enters the room and closes the door behind him. His face, his bald head and even his hands are so heavily tattoed with swirling designs his skin seems as dark as that of a desert-man - a closer look reveals several scars cleverly worked into the patterns, hiding them in plain sight. With a perfunctory nod at the two woman already sitting at the table the man walks over to one of the large chairs and sits down. A feeling like that of a giant going by, brushing the edges of the mind in passing, accompanies him.

"Good morning, everybody. I'm called Shackler.", he says evenly and seriously. "My area of expertise is mental influence as well as tactical movement and communication. I do hope, that my talents will contribute to this lance's survival and success."

Then breaking a smile Shackler abandons the military tone. "Shadow I've met before," he says with a nod to her, "nice to have you in this lance."

Another day, another lance, another mission. The life of a soldier ... well, we'll see how this turns out.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
'Uhoh, is that a good thing?' Shadow thinks to herself.

Shadow smiles brightly, "Well hon, I don't think I quite recall our meatin', but it's good ta make yer aquaintance again. I'm sure ya already know then that I specialize in stealth. But I'm a flexable kind a gal and kin help out in many ways."

OOC: Shadow is new to the Thoughts of War, but has several rumors floating around about her. It's possable you heard about her though a rumor, or you actualy did meet and she forgot. No big deal either way. I figure she'd heard of Sylv just because Sylv is fairly unique and stands out in a crowd.

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

As Shadow enters, Sylv stops playing and puts the lyre into her backpack. When the human introduces herself, the fey replies:

“Yes, that's right, I'm Sylv. I guess it's not so hard to tell. Nice to make your acquaintance, Shadow... I think I've heard that name before, but I wouldn't know where. Have we met already? Everything is still so new, so many new faces and new names.”

When Shackler enters and introduces himself, Sylv says:

“And I'm Sylv. It's nice to meet you all, I'm sure we will get along well. Do you have any idea already, what this new mission will be about?”

Bront

The man with the probe
Thanee said:
As Shadow enters, Sylv stops playing and puts the lyre into her backpack. When the human introduces herself, the fey replies:

“Yes, that's right, I'm Sylv. I guess it's not so hard to tell. Nice to make your acquaintance, Shadow... I think I've heard that name before, but I wouldn't know where. Have we met already? Everything is still so new, so many new faces and new names.”
Shadow smiles at Sylv "I don't think I've met ya, just heard 'bout ya's." She sighs "I'm sure ya just heard 'bout me too. Been hearin' lots 'bout me lately."

Trying to answer Sylv's question "They're pretty secret 'bout these missions, least the smaller ones. It's the biggins with several lances that ya hear 'bout before ya get called in."

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

Shackler's eyes widen slightly asSylv introduces herself, then catches himself and gives a friendly nod in reply. After considering the question for a moment he says: "Could be anything. We're somewhat on the light side so far, but apart from that it looks like we have a standard lance structure. Maximum flexibility and good for all kinds of missions on inhabited planes." He leans back in the oversized chair and grins. "I suppose we'll know soon enough."

I figured it would have been a chance meet in the cantina or something similar. Shackler makes a point of meeting newcomers to the Thoughts of War to get a feel for how they might fit in, if they might be a disruptive influence, etc. ;)

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Shadow bursts out "Oh, you're that guy I met at lunch yesterday. I'm sorry, I've been a little bit out of sorts the past few weeks. Did ya manage ta get that stain outa yer shirt?"

OOC: Fair enough, hehe.

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

"The Paymasters' wonders ... I suppose, they have great need to remove stains of any kind from all sorts of fabrics. Cetakean juice is probably relatively harmless in comparison." He smiles ironically.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases