The Nameless Legion: Templar Lance- Mission #1

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

"Well, stealth works fer me, but I doubt it works as well fer any of ya'll. I think it's best ta see what we're up against 'fore we plan much more. And that means we gotta git there first. If ya think we kin approach in the dark, that prolly be best. Any of ya'll unable ta see in the dark?"
Shackler grimaces. "The thing is, that would foreclose our decision. Approaching under the cover of darkness is a good plan - if we intend to go by stealth. If that's not our plan, we'd have to return tomorrow - and we don't know how long L. will be away. Of course, without having more exact information it's hard to decide, which course of action is more likely to bring success."

"And yes, I can't see in the dark.", he adds a moment later.

Harvey

First Post
OOC: As far as you can tell, it is approximately 2:00 in the afternoon. By gauging the sun's position in the sky, you get the feeling that there is probably 4 to 5 hours worth of sunlight left.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Sylv, you wanna fly over and scout while it's still light? Or should we all go in the dark?" Shadow asks.

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

“How about this?” Sylv asks, while she slowly vanishes from sight, casting a spell of invisibility.

“Shackler? You mentioned a linking of minds earlier. This might be a good time to use this most communicative ability of yours.”

Sylv waits for Shackler to respond and possibly manifest his link of minds before flying out for a little scouting run.

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

Shackler nods approvingly. "A flying, invisible scout. We should familiarize each other with our respective powers more, such tactical options are easily missed. Yes, that's a good idea, you'll be there and back again in no time."

The mentalist's eyes get a somewhat distant look and then suddenly snap back to reality. With an ironic grin Shackler remarks, "You are invisible, how am I supposed to link you in?" Then, in a more serious tone, he adds, "Give me your hand, Sylv, and you others stay close for a moment."

Touching Sylv's invisible hand lightly with two fingers as customary for telepaths, avoiding any involuntary reading of thoughts, Shackler weaves the loosest of mental bindings over the lance. The sense for the others is that of an offered hand on some mental level. Those who accept feel a brief tingling, then hear his voice in their minds.

"It's very easy to talk this way, simply think about it and will us to hear. The link will only last for about two hours, but that should be sufficient for scouting, right?"

OOC: Manifesting mindlink, 144PP left.

Thanee

First Post
Sylv

“I think so.”

Sylv then flies off to scout the area, relating to the rest of her lance anything of note.

Dakkareth

First Post
Shackler

After Sylv leaves, Shackler looks around for a suitable place to settle down - preferably dry and shielded from sight as much as possible. No sense staying in the open, waiting for someone to spot us, while she does her stuff.

Remove ads