R1: Hired Hands (nimisgod judging)

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Welcome to my adventure. A few notes, I will be using Invisible Castle for the die rolls. If you wish to handle your own roles, I would like you to use that site. Please try to keep OOC comments to a minimum. If you wish to ask me a question or make a comment in private, you can reach me via e-mail at seatownjay-at-gmail-dot-com. Now, on with the show!

IC: As you enter the back room at the Red Dragon Inn, you see Ms. LeCroix seated at the head of a large table. There are five other chairs around the table, all currently empty. She looks up after a moment and smiles. "Hello, Tor. Hello, Gideon. Please, have a seat. I think we'll give the rest a few more minutes to join us before I begin any substantive discussion, but I'll be more than happy to answer any minor inquiry you might have at this time."

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
A big copper skinned man with flaming red hair strolls into the back room with an air of great confidence. Time alone will tell whether it's actually overconfidence, but his ready smile seems to say he'll accept whatever may come with good humor. Those looking him closely in the eye find they look upon something not quite human, instead seeing a swirling pattern of yellow and red where pupils and irises should be. A tatoo on his back seems to move as he walks into the room.

A spiked chain is wrapped around him, where he can quickly bring it to bear. A bow and a set of javelins is strapped to his back, with a quiver of arrows at his side. Even in this peacefull setting, Tor seems to be on his toes, ready to respond to trouble at a moments notice.

"Good afternoon, Ms." Tor says, taking a seat. "I look forward to helping you solve your little problem, it's always nice to be able to help."

IcyCool

First Post
Another red-head, tall and pale, strides confidently into the back room. His gold-brown eyes take in the lovely figure of Ms. LeCroix, and he takes a seat near her. "Good afternoon," he says, "My name is Gideon Redcloak. I look forward to helping you end the problems you've been having with robbers."

Roger

First Post
Ragnikyr follows the crowd. "Hello, Miss. I'm Ragnikyr, and I certainly hope I can be of some assistance in your troubles with the highway bandits."

He continues on in Elvish:
[sblock]"Any chance to aid the friends of the forest is to be cherished."[/sblock]
He finds a seat and fidgets by quietly tuning his lute.

Kerrz

First Post
With a sudden whoosh, the door to the back room opens and a shaggy man in loose-fitting white clothing falls through the open doorway. With a startled grunt he continues on to the chairs arrayed around the room and looks blearily at the young elvish woman before saying, "My dear. I understand you have some work for able-bodied and able-minded folks. I promise you that regardless of my current state of being, when I am on the job, I am entirely on the job. And no, I am not just trying to sweet talk you. I have ample experience dealing with gentlemen of the character you have described, and I am sure that I will be very helpful in this endeavour. Now... I understand we're still waiting for a couple people, so don't mind me while I rest my eyes..." With that, Kerrz snaps his eyes shut, leans his head back over the chair and starts to snore.

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Stepping in last, Valan(the black haired priest) walks in with the stride of a man with a few too many drinks and convinced that he is mearly fasionably late. His eyes seem alittle unfocused as he plops down in the last chair and grins "Excuse my lateness, but I'm here now, so the game can begin"

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
The lady looks at the gathering before her, "Greetings, gentlemen, and thank you for your interest in this matter. My name is Simone LeCroix and I represent the Merchant Advisory Council of Ravensdale.

Over the last five weeks, three merchant caravans have been robbed on the Western Road, between our city and the city of Allimon. The Council has decided that this matter can be more economically handled by a third party rather than having Lord Rehvand deal with it through the City Guard. For your efforts, regardless of the end result, each of you will be paid a sum of 100 gold. You will also be paid a bonus dependent on what your investigation turns up. We have yet to uncover any hard evidence other than the bandits are humans or humanoids and use crossbows and swords. We believe that it as a small band, based on the fact that all three caravans were small, only one or two wagons and a handful of guards. You are not expected to apprehend the bandits, merely to provide the Council with enough information so that they can deal with them. However, if you do manage to detain, or eliminate, them that will be factored favorably into your bonus.

If you have any questions, now is the time to ask them."

Simone looks around the table, locking eyes with each of you in turn, waiting for your responses.

Patlin

Explorer
"All you know is that the attackers were humanoid? I guess that means there were no survivors, huh? We'll need a map indicating where the attacks took place, and if possible a list of the items stolen so we can recognize them if we find them. Hmmm. I don't know, this isn't really my area of expertise. What else would help?"

IcyCool

First Post
Dungannon said:
You are not expected to apprehend the bandits, merely to provide the Council with enough information so that they can deal with them. However, if you do manage to detain, or eliminate, them that will be factored favorably into your bonus.

If you have any questions, now is the time to ask them."

Gideon speaks up, "What sort of information are you looking for? How many of them there are? Where they are based out of? Their names?"

He thinks for a moment after Tor speaks, "These caravans that were attacked. Were they carrying anything special?"

Patlin

Explorer
IcyCool said:
Gideon speaks up, "What sort of information are you looking for? How many of them there are? Where they are based out of? Their names?"

"Oh, those are good questions. If we do eliminate the bandits, what sort of proof will you require of the deed? And what's the amount of the bonus if we manage that?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases