One night in Baltimore (aka Bangkok East)

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Okay, tomorrow, bright and early (what an awful concept for a Saturday), my family and I will be driving up to Baltimore.

Soo... what is there to do in Baltimore? Are there any decent game shops to visit? Any good movie theaters? Proximity to W. Lombard St. would be a plus!! :D

We are going up so that my wife can visit with her mother (who will be there for some seminars for her job). So, I (and quite possibly my son) will be at odds for a while, specifically from 10-2 on Sunday (I will be driving home Sunday night).

Any ideas or suggestions?

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Heard about the Aquarium before but not the children's museum. Grown up places are pretty much crossed off the list thanks to the presence of the "hyper-active stomach on two legs (twith the non-optional gameboy attachment)"....

:)

I was hoping for the location of a decent movie theater, as I was hoping to be able to go see Fantastic Four myself, and I know the child would like to see it as well.. hehe

reveal

Adventurer
One night in Baltimore makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Baltimore and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
The Aquariam, the water front...and....and....and...hmmm...they have there own Washington Monument. Like baseball? the Orioles have a great park (though it doesn't actually increase the pace of the game or anything like that), and it is not too far from the aquariam and the water front.

reveal

Adventurer
TerraDave said:
The Aquariam, the water front...and....and....and...hmmm...they have there own Washington Monument. Like baseball? the Orioles have a great park (though it doesn't actually increase the pace of the game or anything like that), and it is not too far from the aquariam and the water front.

I was gonna suggest baseball but the Orioles are in Seattle this weekend. :(

ErichDragon

First Post
As mentioned, Aquarium and Science Center are great and right downtown.

Walter's Art Gallery is an awesome museum if your child has some patience. I liked it as a kid as there is a large collection of Medieval weapons. One of my personal favorite places to visit is Fort McHenry. You can take guided tours or just roam the ramparts and look at the cannons, plus there is a water taxi you can take from the harbour to the fort and back.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases