D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Druids - what to do about them?

Infiniti2000

First Post
Thanee said:
The charging would work...

R1..................R1
R1..................R1O*
R2..................R2
R2..................R2

* the unlucky opponent :)

Bye
Thanee
That wouldn't work. R2 is not charging "directly toward the designated opponent." He's charging to the side. If O were Large and one square down, then okay. If O were Large and in the same square, then still no.

beaver1024

First Post
Thanee said:
They seem about the same level as the other really good classes (i.e. barbarian and fighter at lower levels or cleric and wizard at higher levels).

Right so they're as good as melee classes at lower levels and spellcasting classes at higher levels.

In other words, their power level starts high and explodes exponentially upwards relative to other classes. That's definately balanced.

beaver1024

First Post
Endur said:
You should not consider Animal Growth when you talk about balancing the Druid class. It is not clear that Animal Growth applies to Druids. Applies to Summoned Animals and Animal Companions, yes. Applying to the Druid is an interpretation.

The new "improved" 3.5 polymorph mechanic, which is so obviously strenously tested, gives the type to the user of the wildshape. Hence the druid while wildshaped into an animal, gets the benfits of animal growth.

Thanee

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
That wouldn't work. R2 is not charging "directly toward the designated opponent." He's charging to the side.

Let me show you a quote...

First, you must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent.

Closest space is the one with the lowest distance to your position, and you can attack the opponent, if you are in one of the corner spaces, correct?

That's what R2 (not that R2) does up there.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
beaver1024 said:
The new "improved" 3.5 polymorph mechanic, which is so obviously strenously tested, gives the type to the user of the wildshape. Hence the druid while wildshaped into an animal, gets the benfits of animal growth.

The debated question is, whether Polymorph is a size increasing effect, actually.

Bye
Thanee

Infiniti2000

First Post
Thanee said:
Closest space is the one with the lowest distance to your position, and you can attack the opponent, if you are in one of the corner spaces, correct?

That's what R2 (not that R2) does up there.
Well, you certainly can't ignore the rest of the rules on charge, which is what you're doing. And, I'll point out that the corner square and the one just above it are equal distance. The one above, however, is directly toward the designated opponent. Since the one above it qualifies for the whole charge rule, not just half of it, then that must be the correct, and only, spot to charge.

Infiniti2000

First Post
You can't ignore the first paragraph. The second paragraph only clarifies the first. It even starts out "When in doubt..."

Are you really trying to take it out of context like that? I see your emoticons, but I'm still not entirely sure.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases