Forging Fury

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"The fact is, we will be creating a community whose best interests are decided by warforged. A community that will have the choice who to benefeit. We shall find our own meaning in our labor. I do disagree with our generous host on one matter though: our greatest strength is not in being untiring workers, though that does make us mighty. We will not be a cornerstone of the inductrial revolution Juarin speaks of just by working tirelessly. Our products will need be superior to the products of other nations. That means we must study some new techniques, both industrial and mystical, to make the best products. We will be a powerful community because we can think tirelessly as well as work tirelessly. Thinking tirelessly is why we need warforged like you Agarndas...warforged like any of us."

North tilts his head to one side as if an amusing thought has struck him.

"Besides, if you go with us to the north to free these warforged, we will likely be able to find undead things for you to play with."

Ringmereth

First Post
North's words come as the final blow to an unruly peice of metal finally hammered back to shape, and Agarndas abandons his resistance, nodding slowly. "The living are of greater interest to me. The dead, after all, did not create us," he says, slightly defensive. "But you are wise to see our real strengths. If we Warforged are deciding our interests, I do not object to joining this experiment."

If my fellows wish to strengthen themselves, they might find power between the Warforged, rather than between themselves and those who require, he wonders, refering to humanoids. North does not see that better products benefit only the humans. We need neither finely crafted goods nor gold, so we should not exert ourselves for both. It is better to study ourselves and our creators-but then, this is a most unique union of both, he thinks, resolving to delve into the motives of Juarin moer thoroughly.

Last edited:

Timeboxer

Explorer
"I believe," says Wander quietly, "that our greatest strength is the same as that of all of the other races: that now, and always, we choose our own path." She places her mageforged hands on the desk, as the light sound of jingling jewelry fills the air. "It appears to me that to bring ourselves together as warforged will only hasten the enmity against us. After all, to separate ourselves is to mark ourselves as different, as foreign. I believe that if we are to succeed in our task it will be important to gather allies, as many as we can, to show that our community is not merely for ourselves, but stands in union with the other races."

She looks around to gauge the responses on her fellows' faces, and continues. "As such, I think that perhaps it may be beneficial to speak to his majesty Oargev, prince of Cyre -- may she rest in peace," the warforged adds. "I believe that he will not take well to the Karrnathi fortifications so near to his rightful land, and may well be willing to lend us his support to dismantle them. Anything, even good wishes, can help us in a venture such as this."

Kerrz

First Post
Juarin grins quietly in his corner, watching the warforged slowly come to terms with his plans. He follows along pleasantly, even at being called dangerous, because he knows that things are still moving along at the pace they were intended to. At the mention of seeking allies, however, he stops short and speaks up in a commanding tone which he did not intend, "No. Allies will not be needed here." Noticing his slip, he returns to more docile tones before continuing with his reasoning, "My friends, I just mean that seeking out allies would delay this mission even longer and leave your brethern at the mercy of the Karrnathi slave-masters even longer."

"I had not hoped to destroy this fortification. It would be foolish to try -- even the Karrnathi need protection from the horrors of the Mournland, and Fort Zombie appears to not be enough. I merely hoped to liberate their indentured workforce and, as you say, give them a choice as to where they spend their freedom. Hopefully some of them will appreciate our sacrifice and come here to help us. Whatever the slaves do with their freedom, it will be better than slavery."

"However, I digress. We do not need allies, because the job is not so difficult as to require them. The Prince of Cyre has his own problems with running New Cyre and is well out of the way of the lightning rail path that must be taken. While I believe that our two struggling communities may well come to some sort of beneficial agreement in the future, I do not think that now would be such a good time."

"You must take the Lightning Rail from Sharn to Thaliost, where the broken bridge will force you to cross Scions Sound to Rekkenmark by other means. This will be a difficult crossing, and no amount of help from New Cyrans could assist you. Ideally you would like to do this with as little attention as possible, and telling someone that you are going to do it does not help matters."

"From Rekkenmark, you will be able to take the Karrnathi Lightning Rail to Fort Zombie, and hopefully go quickly by foot the remainder of the way."

"Again, wasting time seeking allies would be a hindrance to your journey. They could not help, as you are more than capable of completing this task yourself or I would not have asked it of you. Also, the city of New Cyre is off the beaten path, and would require you to travel 200 miles off of the lightning rail track each way just to reach. This is time we can ill afford."

Juarin returns to his pensive, observing stance and hopes that the warforged understand his insistence, and his reasoning.

ooc: Yeah. Juarin is alot of talk. If I start doing this with all of my NPCs... tell me, I may not notice. Not everyone should talk this much, but Juarin does.

Ringmereth

First Post
"Sharn?" asks the warforged wizard. "This may not be the optimal course, and for us Warforged, time is not such a pressing matter. I am not welcome in the city of Sharn," he tells Juarin. "If there is another course, we might be wise to take it."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Is there not another place we can catch the lightning rail?" Tenor asks "I thought it made stops further down the line."

Kerrz

First Post
Juarin steps up again, stating the obvious, "My friends, we are mere miles from Sharn. If you want to waste your time and go to the next rail station in First Tower, then feel free. However, I can assure you that I have everything under control and if you want on the rail at Sharn, you will GET on the rail at Sharn. If, however,you feel that this is impossible, then I'm sure I could rearrange my plans and get you on the rail at First Tower. It will just take you an extra day's walking to get there. An extra day in which your fellows can suffer."

Bront

The man with the probe
Tenor, Warforged Bard

"What do you say to that North? I think he can arange for safe passage, and time is something we are just as limited by as any other being."

d'Anconia

Explorer
"I'm open to either course of action. I'd prefer to get to Karnnath as quickly as possible, but if it is absolutely necessary to delay a day by walking to the next station, so be it."

Remove ads