Forging Fury

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"I believe that Sharn is as safe a place to go as any...if not safer. If you are wanted by the Brelish, then going into a city as busy as Sharn will let you blend in more effectively. Going to First Tower? There is the distinct possibility that you will be more easily picked out of a crowd. I am sure we could find a way to mask your markings...or even your race if need be. Juarin, I assume, can supply us with the appropriate documents for the journey, whatever guise we may take. Sharn will be friendlier than most cities to us, and not treat us with instant suspicion. I am in no hurry to return to my former slaver's borders, but being able to free our brethren sooner, rather than later appeals to me."

North thinks for another moment before adding,

"In my mind, the larger issue is how to cross the bridge into Karrnath. Both sides are heavily guarded, and the gap is a bit far to simply jump."

Kerrz

First Post
Juarin laughs at North's comment from his corner, "You could start with jumping... It would turn into a leisurely walk across the river floor pretty quick though. You don't need to breathe."

"You could, of course, try a raft or boat though. The rivers and lakes are not as strictly patrolled as they once were."

Ringmereth

First Post
If he had possessed eyes, Agarndas would be rolling them. He didn't like water much; the stuff could cause rust and ruin his spellbook and notes. "If you can aid me in disguising myself, I will consent to take the Sharn rail," decides the necromancer. This is such an impatient lot. Unwilling work does not wear us down or hurt us as it seems to do to men. Come to think of it, does willing work not damage their flesh every bit as much as forced labor? he wonders.

d'Anconia

Explorer
Shadow

Ringmereth said:
"If you can aid me in disguising myself, I will consent to take the Sharn rail,"
"As you know the only true distinguishing characteristic of the warforged is The Ghulra - so if you have a way of covering your forhead you should be fine. Perhaps you have a cloak or a set of robes that could do the trick?

OOC: I'm assuming that it's pretty hard (especially for nonwarforged] to distinguish between two individual warforged characters (not counting The Ghulra), especially those crafted in the same production run.

Timeboxer

Explorer
"For our race, I think, time is always on our side. I suppose our host is right -- there is always time to gather allies. But, as Tenor made mention, we do have emotions, and mine grow impatient. If we are to embark on this task, I suggest we get on with it." Wander nods her head, though it's hard to tell if this is genuine or an affectation. "I feel more comfortable with motion than talk. And so," she says with a gravely wryness, "I motion that we embark on Juarin's plan, for now, on the morrow. I am sure that we shall all be willing to help Agarndas in his plans, and we can always determine our approach as the day draws nearer. Are we agreed?"

Ringmereth

First Post
"If you wish to make haste, we may as well leave now," comments Agarndas. "The time of day is unimportant, after all, and should Juarin require rest, he can do so on the Lightning Rail. I do not object if your core is set on leaving tomorrow, but I fail to detect the sense in waiting for something you are impatient to begin," he says, inwardly experincing something approaching frustration with his impatient fellows. Curious it is that frustration is often related to impatience in humans, he thinks, recalling his studies in Sharn.

Bront

The man with the probe
"I believe we should set off as soon as we have gathered our things as well," Tenor says. "I don't think Juarin is coming with us, for this is ultimately our mission alone, not his. We will move much faster without him anyway."

He turns to Juarin "No offense intended of course. I'm sure you have plenty of dutys to attend to here anyway."

Kerrz

First Post
Juarin starts to chuckle when Agarndas mentions travelling with the group. At Tenor's apology, he bursts out laughing entirely. Cutting himself short at his companions' confused gazes, he says, "My friends. These bones are too old to be moving around the continent, even on such a noble cause... and I am the FIRST to admit it. That being said, I will be accompanying you to Sharn in order to set you off on the start of your journey. After that, however, you will move much quicker on your own, as Tenor has said."

"You will be given all the plans and maps you need, and a suitable storage container to hold them in when we part ways at the Lightning Rail station. This same bag will undoubtedly be most useful to our magically oriented companions when you come to Scions Sound. I shall have to dig it out of my trunk though before we leave."

"If anyone has any last comments or questions before we embark, speak them now. I would prefer to answer any questions while the maps and plans are still laid out in the light here."

OOC: I'll wait another ten hours or so before moving onto the next leg of the journey. I can speed it up if most of you want to, so just say "No more questions, let's get going." if there is nothing else.

Ringmereth

First Post
"Excellent," pronounces Agarndas. "If you do not believe your presence is necessary, then our pace will be all the quicker."

Not that it matters, he adds mentally. If the others are satisfied, my time for research is increased. Perhaps the Lightning Rail will offer knowledge, as my last trip may not have been representative of the usual experince, he thinks, briefly directing his magical mind back to memories of his ill-fated detainment and transportation out of Sharn. If not, Juarin and his motives are most intriguing...

Bront

The man with the probe
"I'm ready to leave once I grab my pack." Tenor says. Hopefully this will give him a chance to try out some of his newly written traveling songs.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases