Eberron Game (Calling Kerrz, Bront, Someone, GoddesFallenAngel, Primus)

Mista Collins

First Post
I am looking for 4-5 players.

Campaign Idea
The way I look to running the campaign is very open. I like to do things on the fly as a DM. The adventure will start in Sharn. I will probably use some of the stuff from the Eberron published adventures (as I bought them and have yet to use them). Once the players/characters are chosen, I will update here with more information.

Character Creation
Races - can be picked from PHB, Eberron Campaign Setting, and the following Goblin, Warforged Scout, Kenku, Kobold, Orc,
1st level - Classes can be picked from the PHB, Expanded Psionic HB, Eberron Campaign Setting)
Stats - 32 Point Buy for stats
Feats - Anything from PHB, Eberron Campaign Setting, Sharn: City of Towers, Races of Eberron, Five Nations, Expanded Psionic HB, Complete Warrior, Complete Divine, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane.
Spells - Anything from PHB, Eberron Campaign Setting, Sharn: City of Towers, races of Eberron, Five Nations, Expanded Psionic HB, Complete Warrior, Complete Divine, Complete Adventurer, Complete Arcane.
Starting Gold - 75% Max Gold
Prestige Classes - That will be decided when we get there. (But more than likely all previous books mentioned)

Who is going to play?
When it comes to deciding who will fill these open slots, I will be picking them based on character concept/creation. The more you put into your character (home nation, interests, fears, family, backstory, etc) the better. Once there are people interested and their characters posted, I will pick who is part of the group then.

The Players
Kerrz - Runila d'Ghallanda - LG Female Halfling Paladin
Bront - Valahandra Da'briel - LG Female Valenar Elf Cleric
Primus - Kilikos - CG Male Human Sorcerer
Goddess FallenAngel - Knya d’Phiarlan - NG Female Elf Rogue
Someone - Mark 24 - N Male Personality Warforged Fighter
Groggy - Isa Makota - CG Female Human Artificer

Information on The King's Soldier
This inn, wwned and ran by the lovely couple Pater and Monesti Wrighten, is almost like home to most of you. The King's Soldier is located on the Markenny Plaza in The Bazaar district of Middle Dura. Pater is an old Last War veteran who served for 20 years (from 966 YK until 986 YK) for Breland. Most of his time was spent in Q'barra and that is where he met his wife Monesti. She getting her education in antiquities from the Library of Korranberg. When Pater was too old to fight for Breland during the Last War, he and Monesti moved to Sharn and decided to open up this inn. There are a few patrons you would consider regulars just like yourselves.

Kaelys Tela - an educated elven woman who enjoys collecting and discussing antiques and curiosities of past ages.
Sigor Dorn - A local merchant from Karrnath that sells the fine quality paper from his home nation.
Vundry - a gnome pawnshop owner who usually spends his nights drinking and socializing with the none "regulars".
Gersi & Pol Kemble - too young twins who seem to get on the nerves of everyone at the King's Soldier. They hope to someday travel to the famed Xen'drik and become adventurers.
Nelt Snarik - when Nelt isn't in the back cook, he is at the bar drinking. He is an old wartime buddy of Pater's.

Last edited:

Kerrz

First Post
Throwing my name in the hat. Talentan Halfling Paladin of Boldrei. I'm trying to make a character which is manifestly not my own personality. Expect big things from a small package.

Character Sheet
Code:
Runila d'Ghallanda

Female Halfling
Paladin 1
Lawful Good

Strength 	14	(+2)
Dexterity 	14	(+2)
Constitution 	12	(+1)
Intelligence 	10	(+0)
Wisdom 		14	(+2)
Charisma 	14	(+2)

Size: 		Small
Height: 	3' 1"
Weight: 	32 lb
Skin: 		Tan
Eyes: 		Green
Hair: 		Blonde; Straight

Total Hit Points: 11

Speed: 20 feet

Armor Class: 19 = 10 +4 [chain shirt] +2 [heavy wooden] +2 [dexterity] +1 [small]
      Touch AC: 13
      Flat-footed: 17

Initiative modifier:	+2	= +2 [dexterity]
Fortitude save:		+4	= 2 [base] +1 [constitution] +1 [halfling]
Reflex save:		+3	= 0 [base] +2 [dexterity] +1 [halfling]
Will save:		+3	= 0 [base] +2 [wisdom] +1 [halfling]
Attack (handheld):	+4	= 1 [base] +2 [strength] +1 [small]
Attack (unarmed):	+4	= 1 [base] +2 [strength] +1 [small]
Attack (missile):	+4	= 1 [base] +2 [dexterity] +1 [small]
Attack (thrown):	+5	= 1 [base] +2 [dexterity] +1 [small] +1 [halfling]
Grapple check:		-1	= 1 [base] +2 [strength] -4 [small]

Light load:	44 lb. or less
Medium load:	44-87 lb.
Heavy load:	88-131 lb.
Lift over head:	131 lb.
Lift off ground:263 lb.
Push or drag:	656 lb.

Region of Origin: Talenta Plains
Dragonmarked House: Ghallanda [Mark of Hospitality]
Languages:	Common Halfling

Sharrash (Talenta) [1d8, crit 19-20, 5 lb, slashing]
Boomerang (Talenta) [1d3, crit x2, range inc 30 ft., 1 lb, bludgeoning]
Chain Shirt [light; +4 AC; max dex +4; check penalty -2; 12.5 lb.]
Heavy Wooden Shield [+2 AC; check penalty -1; hardness 5; hp 15; 5 lb.]

Feats:
      Talenta Warrior	

Action Points: 5 (this level)

Skill Name	Key	Skill	Ability	Ranks	Misc.
		Ability	Mod	Mod		Mod

Appraise 	Int 	0 = 	+0		
Balance 	Dex* 	2 = 	+2		
Bluff 		Cha 	2 = 	+2		
Climb 		Str* 	4 = 	+2		+2 [halfling]
Concentration 	Con 	1 = 	+1		
Craft   	Int 	0 = 	+0		
Diplomacy 	Cha 	2 = 	+2		
Disguise 	Cha 	2 = 	+2		
Escape Artist 	Dex* 	2 = 	+2		
Forgery 	Int 	0 = 	+0		
Gather Info 	Cha 	2 = 	+2		
Handle Animal 	Cha 	4 = 	+2	+2 	
Heal 		Wis 	4 = 	+2	+2 	
Hide 		Dex* 	6 = 	+2		+4 [small]
Intimidate 	Cha 	2 = 	+2		
Jump 		Str* 	-2 = 	+2		+2 [halfling]
Listen 		Wis 	4 = 	+2		+2 [halfling]
Move Silently 	Dex* 	4 = 	+2		+2 [halfling]
Perform 	Cha 	2 = 	+2		
Ride 		Dex 	4 = 	+2	+2 	
Search 		Int 	0 = 	+0		
Sense Motive 	Wis 	4 = 	+2	+2 	
Spot 		Wis 	2 = 	+2		
Survival 	Wis 	2 = 	+2		
Swim 		Str** 	2 = 	+2		
Use Rope 	Dex 	2 = 	+2		

* = check penalty for wearing armor

Halfling
    * +2 dexterity / -2 strength (already included)
    * Small (combat bonuses, +4 to hide already included)
    * +2 racial bonus on climb, jump, move silently
    * +1 racial bonus on all saving throws (already included)
    * +2 morale bonus on saves vs. fear (stacks with racial bonus)
    * +1 to hit with thrown weapons and slings
    * +2 racial bonus on listen checks (already included)

Paladin
    * Aura of Good
    * Detect Evil
    * Smite Evil (1x/day; add +3 to melee attack roll)
    * Code of Conduct / Association
    * High wisdom gains bonus spells daily

Runila d'Ghallanda's Equipment:

23.5 lb	Weapons / Armor / Shield (from above)
      2 lb	Backpack
      1 lb	Bedroll
      1 lb	Blanket, winter
		Bottle
		Flint and steel
      1 lb	Mug
      10 lb	Pot
      1 lb	Rations (1 day) x3
      _____
      40 lb	Total

Money: 62 gold 3 silver 8 copper
Bio: Runila hails from a nomadic tribe of the Talenta plains. In her work as a minor scion of the House of Hospitality, she was drawn to the goddess Boldrei, queen of the hearth. Runila found herself at a moral quandary. She loved to tussle with the other young halflings, but the love of her goddess seemed only to extend towards the happy homemaker and the reign of proper hospitality. It was then that Runila had something of a vision, perhaps she just had the idea by herself, or perhaps it was a higher calling, but she came to realize that the goddess of the hearth and the home was in charge of protecting her guests as well. Runila came to compromise her conflicting wishes into the path of the holy warrior, protecting her charges while treating everyone with due respect.

Appearance: Runila stands rather tall for a young female halfling, topping out just over the tall-folk measurement of three feet. Her flowing, radiant blonde hair is emphasized particularly well by her stunning green eyes and lightly tanned skin. By her expression, the woman exudes unbridled confidence.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Tempting. I had a 1st level character I enjoyed but didn't get a chance to play much, and then the game died. Valahandra Da'briel. Take a look at see what you think of her (I may have to redo equipment and stats and such, but I can work with things. The theory she opperates on is that she almost warships her spirit ancestor and is granted clerical powers by her, which fits well with the Valenar aspect of paying tribute and reinacting the lives of their ancestors.

Let me know what you think.

If not, I'm thinking Halfling Clawfoot Rider.

FYI, I have been through part of the adventure in the back of the book, though not very.

Primus

First Post
Hrm, I have a pair of characters I've been considering to play. The first isn't good for a first level, but the second should be just fine:

A prodigy with words and letters from an early age, young Kilikos was, at first, thought to be destined for wizardry, but his power comes from an altogether different source. He sees the words of the Draconic Prophecy in the way the world moves and it is from those words that he draws his power.

http://www.3eprofiler.net/3ep/view.php?id=29179

Background

"They say the draconic Prophecy manifests itself in the motions of the moon and stars, in the orbitting of the planes, in the flesh of men and elves and dwarves and gnomes, and in the very land, sky, and sea of Eberron. These great words of power and destiny suffuse the world. Usually, only creatures with the vision and relative immortality of dragons or elves have the necessary faculties to find any single piece of the Prophecy. But all words are merely reflections of the one Word, and in this world there are some rare individuals within whom the Word resides.

In the small town of Melfron, on the Cyre side of the Cyre-Breland border, a child was born. His father was a Cyran soldier, his mother a seamstress. He was only notable by the strange reddish color of one of his eyes, a condition attributed to a blood vessel bursting during birth by the Melfron . The child was young, as most children are, yet he was unusually serious. He learned to read at the age of 2 (though his mother swore that perhaps he could have known it all along). After that he digested every mundane tome that he could get his hands on (not many in a small outpost such as Melfron). At the age of thirteen he was sent away to live with his Uncle, a well known Wizard who had relocated to Aundair many years before. His mother thought that he would take to wizarding easily and feared for the safety of her frail son (the War did not seem to be showing any signs of stopping).

One year later, the youth was returning to his home in disgrace. The magic of wizards had eluded him. The mystical words of men were not his to command as all other words were. He found them foolish, hollow. On the way home he began to see what it was that had eluded him in the schools of Arcanix. The words of mortal spells are merely pale shadows of the true magic. If he could find those words, then he would know the truth. He stopped, during the last leg of his journey, at the town of Kennrun just fifteen miles from the border of Cyre. The night was one which would go down in infamy.

The Mourning occurred.

When the young man awoke the world was drastically different than the one he had fallen asleep to. His life, his family, his country, it had all vanished in the blink of an eye. As the youth stood there, on the road lading out of Kennrun, he stared at he wall of dead gray mist that marked the boundary of his home. Word was coming in from the scouts. Cyre was gone. Just plain gone. Those who enterred the mist returned with tales of untold horrors. Many never returned. And as he sat, watching the mist, knowing in his heart of hearts that his life was gone, the child cried. And as he cried, he saw in the dust a Word. Most would say he’d hallucinated it. But when he looked into those crumbling grains, he knew.

Four years have passed since that day. The young man, never quite right, according to those who knew him, has grown even more sullen and withdrawn. He seems to talk rarely and when he does speak he mostly speaks about the Words (The capital is always there). His knowledge of the Words has grown, he can even speak short syllables in order to create arcane blasts and create other effects. He has no home and is one of the many lost-Cyrans to have set-up kip in the City of Towers since that fateful day. One day he hopes to return to his home in the shattered lands and return with some piece of his lost life."

Last edited:

Pebele

First Post
I am very interested in creating a character for consideration. Possibly a soulknife or psychic warrior... hm. I have so many ideas.

However I'm going out of town tomorrow, so I won't be able to post a character until Monday. Will that be too late? If that's within the time-frame, then I'll have a full character done for you Monday.

Mista Collins

First Post
Pebele said:
However I'm going out of town tomorrow, so I won't be able to post a character until Monday. Will that be too late? If that's within the time-frame, then I'll have a full character done for you Monday.

That is fine, I myself won't be around this weekend either. I was thinking that I would have the group picked around Wednesday the 27th (maybe a few days later).

Someone

Adventurer
Since one of the games I was in died, I´m for this one. I´ll probably make your brand new warforged fighter, I´ll post the sheet later.

I was actually in an Eberron game that died pretty much shortly after it started... the same one Bront was in, actually.

Here's the character I played in it:
Knya d’Phiarlan.
Her history is under the spoiler tag at the bottom.
If I'm selected to play, I might have to re-write her according to your character creation rules.

--------------------------------------

The other character concept I had was Arcadia, below. I don't have stats or a character sheet for her, but if she sounds interesting, I can stat her up for you to look at before you decide if I'm to play or not. :)

Arcadia Deneith: Human Fighter
[sblock]
This idea would probably work best if paired with an NPC or PC as their bodyguard, but it's not needed.

Arcadia grew up with high expectations, as both her parents carried Dragonmarks – and her father carried a Greater Mark of the Sentinel. In fact, her immediate family line – on both maternal and paternal sides of her family – had a high concentration of Dragonmarked individuals. However, as she grew older, her Dragonmark failed to surface. She underwent the Test of Siberys when she was 20, and even the test failed to result in a Dragonmark.

Now it is 3 years after her Test, and she has finally accepted what all others in her House had several years ago – she will never have a Dragonmark. As such, she will also never gain the high rank in the House that she believes she should have had.

Even so, she takes her duty – and the low rank she has – very seriously. She is a member of the Defender’s Guild, and has focused her efforts on bodyguarding to the exclusion of almost all else. She is intensely loyal to House Deneith, and is quick to defend them to anyone who will listen. However… that’s when she’s on-duty.

She is a capable bodyguard and talented swordswoman, and is solemn and serious while on-duty; however, she has developed a reputation for a hellraiser while off-duty. She has received several warnings from the House for her behavior, but thus far none have seemed to have effect. Arcardia is an adventurous sort, and loves traveling.

Arcadia participated in the Last War, as did most of House Deneith, naturally. She had actually been stationed in Cyre, and had been transferred back to Sharn, where she grew up, shortly before Cyre became the Mournlands. She considers the lucky escape a blessing, having since heard wild tales of the Mournland; but she still grieves for her companions who had been left behind. She often wonders if they might be alive yet, in the Mournland....

Game Tie-ins: Arcadia would, of course, go wherever her House ordered her to. But also, she wonders about the companions and House members left behind in the Mournland, and if off-duty would be more than willing to search out and adventure to discover what became of them.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases