[GRIM TALES] GlassJaw's Grim Tales Variant Ruleset v1.2! (updated 9/29/05)

GlassJaw

Hero
As many of the regulars can attest, I've been tinkering with a lot of different variant rules in the past couple of months. After much tinkering, borrowing, rewriting, and revising, here's what I've thrown together.

The primary changes are the additional of the VP/WP system and Conan's Dodge/Parry defense system. I've also added a lot of my own tweaks as well. :cool: I don't want to go into too much detail on my thought/design process because I would really like to know people's thoughts without any bias from me.

I've gotten a semi-seal of approval from Wulf/Ben as well (even though I know he's not a fan of the VP/WP system :p ). He gave me some great advice as well as some insight into the Grim Tales development process.

I also want to send out a quick thanks to everyone who contributed to all my crunchy threads in the past. You know who you are! :D

As usual, any comments are welcome. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• GlassJaw's Grim Tales Variant Ruleset v1.2.pdf
    208.4 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:

Galethorn

First Post
Awesome!

This is just what I needed for the GT variant I'm working on for a campaign this fall.

Basically, it's got everything that I like, put together in a sensical manner; wounds/vitality, parry/dodge, and "being screwed if you're unaware of an attack".

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
I've gotten a semi-seal of approval from Wulf/Ben as well (even though I know he's not a fan of the VP/WP system :p ).

I believe the exact quote was, "Don't waste my time with this tripe."

Followed shortly by, "All right, all right, stop cryin', Mary Alice. I'll take a look."

GlassJaw

Hero
Basically, it's got everything that I like, put together in a sensical manner; wounds/vitality, parry/dodge, and "being screwed if you're unaware of an attack".

That was essentially my thinking. I like some of the other mechanics so I wanted to see how it would look if you mashed everything altogether. I haven't playtested it yet (hoping to in the near future) but I think it makes for a very cool system.

I'm surprised there haven't been so more comments so far though. I know there are a lot of fellow tweakers in here. :D

Azgulor

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
That was essentially my thinking. I like some of the other mechanics so I wanted to see how it would look if you mashed everything altogether. I haven't playtested it yet (hoping to in the near future) but I think it makes for a very cool system.

I'm surprised there haven't been so more comments so far though. I know there are a lot of fellow tweakers in here. :D

I downloaded it and on my first read-through I think it looks great. Haven't had a chance to look at it closely yet, but it looks like you did a nice job.

Azgulor

GlassJaw

Hero
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Not ignoring you, GlassJaw. Downloaded it, but haven't had any spare time to be able to sit and read.

LOL, can't say I was a tad surprised by the lack of response. Null sweat. Let me what you think when you get a chance. :D

genshou

First Post
Ah, so that's where this thread has been hiding!

Nice job on all the prior threads I may or may not have commented in as a major fan of vp/wp. I'll download the amalgamation of your work and give you my thoughts shortly, Ju-san-sai (name given with regards to your avatar)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases