Discovery Blasted Off Successfully

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
Too cloudy here today to see it from my home.

But supposed to be a night landing here in Florida when it is over. Those shuttle landings are loud, the sonic boom they cause has knocked stuff off my shelves and rattled the windows when it flies over.

Dagger75 said:
Too cloudy here today to see it from my home.

But supposed to be a night landing here in Florida when it is over. Those shuttle landings are loud, the sonic boom they cause has knocked stuff off my shelves and rattled the windows when it flies over.

Yeah, I can usually hear it here in G'ville...though its been so long since I've lived here and a shuttle has landed in the state.

Great to know they finally got off. :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
BrooklynKnight said:
Anyone hear the news bit how they cought stuff falling off teh shuttle and how they're using video to see if there is any damage?
Heard about it, and if you haven't already heard, NASA have made a decision to ground the space shuttle fleet.

Discovery have already docked with the ISS, and will make further inspection on the hull.

Just curious, but what is the shuttle's hull material?

Mr. T

First Post
I think the hull is made of somekind of carbon substance. When I was watching the launch on TV they kept refering to "carbon-carbon" in the hull. I think "carbon-carbon" is kind of redundant, don't you think?

Remove ads