Toril's Future

Wikidogre

First Post
am currently running a far-future camp. in FR's mixing darksun into the mix being what happens to the FR's after the shades try to fully rip the plane of shadow into toril, and causeing both the weave and shadow weave to collapse and wipe mystra and shar out of existance, while they where trying to save the essance of both weaves. then the, the addition of the green age of athas, then i changed athas's history a little, and the continents to fit toril. but i am having one issue. i tried athas.com but i could not find what i needed. does anyone have an home-brew rules for 3rd ed wild talent for psionics, i am failing for some reason trying to come up with my own and have them work. any sug.'s will be very usefull.

Crothian

First Post
Personally, I don't think wild talents work that well. You need to make sure that the wild talent is weaker then what either the Psion of Phsychic Warrior gets. Then with the power of the psionic attacks, a wild talent would have no defense against this and get creamed.

The Traveler

First Post
I made up a system once that gave a feat tree that allowed for wild talents in sorcery and psionics. It just gave them single powers, pretty much, but higher up in the tree you got enhancements that let you use them more often, or more effectively.

I could try to find where I put it, if you like.

Wikidogre

First Post
Cool

thanks for the post's,

Traveler
if you have a chance that souds like a good system. and i would like to check it out.

Limper

First Post
Try giving each player 3 levels of Psion.... but instead of charging them Character Levels bill them with ECL +3. If they wanted less Wild Talent then the ECL would be lower.

The Traveler

First Post
Okay, here's the feat tree, then.

Psionic/Sorcerous Potential
Description: This feat has no prerequisites, but it must be taken at character creation. It gives no inherent bonuses, and merely represents the potential to develop psionic or sorcerous powers.

Wild Talent
Prerequisites: Psionic or Sorcerous Potential
Description: The character's innate potential for sorcery or psionics has manifested in a single power. The character gains access to one zero-level spell or psionic power. The character may use this once daily, or if it is a psionic power he has enough PSPs to activate it once. The spell or power is cast as if by a sorcerer or psychic warrior of one half the character's total character level, rounded down. This feat may be taken multiple times to gain other zero-level powers.

Deepening Talent
Prerequisites: Psionic or Sorcerous Potential, Wild Talent
Description: The character has increased his ability to use an existing Wild Talent. He may use it two additional times per day, or gains enough PSPs to activate it twice. This feat may be taken multiple times to stack, or apply to different Wild Talents.

Defense Mode
Prerequisites: Psionic Potential, Wild Talent
Description: The character has honed his psionic potential to the degree that he has acquired a psionic Defense Mode, usable as a Psychic Warrior of half his total character level, rounded down. This feat may be taken additional times to gain additional Defense Modes.

Attack Mode
Prerequisites: Psionic Potential, Wild Talent, Defense Mode
Description: The character has honed his psionic potential to the degree that he has acquired a psionic Attack Mode, usable as a Psychic Warrior of half his total character level, rounded down. This feat may be taken additional times to gain additional Attack Modes.

Last edited:

Wikidogre

First Post
Thanks

Traveler,

Thanks, this is a very nice idea. It is along the lines of what i had tried b4, but you, expressed it a little differantly, and i makes sense. thanks again.

Also if anyone is interested, i am going to be starting a site, with all the info and what not that i create in the mergeing of the two camps. so look for a post soon with the link, i am titleing my camp. The DarkSun of Abier-Toril, but may change soon

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Wikidogre said:
Traveler,

Thanks, this is a very nice idea. It is along the lines of what i had tried b4, but you, expressed it a little differantly, and i makes sense. thanks again.

Also if anyone is interested, i am going to be starting a site, with all the info and what not that i create in the mergeing of the two camps. so look for a post soon with the link, i am titleing my camp. The DarkSun of Abier-Toril, but may change soon

Cool. One question I have is what are you going to do about the oh-so-present gods of Toril? There are no gods in Athas, just elemental beings. Are you going to have the gods leave like in Dragolance, or will they all be dead. What might be cool is have them all die in an apocalypse, maybe a second Time of Troubles. Kossuth and the other elemental deities could take the role of the four elemental powers. A cool plot maybe to have the Crown of Thorns (an artifact that contains the essence of Myrkul) be uncovered and a cult start to worship it.

The Traveler

First Post
Re: Thanks

Wikidogre said:
Hey, no problem.

Basically, I set the one wasted feat (psionic/sorcerous potential) at the beginning of the tree to prevent it from being too easy to get, and I made all the powers and spells gained zero-level to have there still be a reason to level in psion, psychic warrior, or sorcerer if you wanted to be a real spellcaster.

Remove ads