Curtains #3 - Problems of One's Own

Mimic

First Post
Granite hp: 4/4 status altered form -3 ranks

Granite shifts his head, cracking his neck as he feels his powers returning to him. At least it was only temporary thing, now all he had to worry about was these lizard things coming at him.

Granite will holster his weapons and assume a defensive position until one of the rushing lizard men is within stiking range, when that happens he will unleash an all out attack.

ooc: all out attac (-5 / +5 ) use a re-roll if the roll is less then a 14

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate HPs: 4/4, Wearing: Stylish Tan Trenchcoat, casual clothes

Denise said:
"Sure," Denise says. "We can swing by the Lorekeeper's house. Though I have to warn you, she's pretty touchy about who she lets handle the old books. Most are in pretty rough shape and she doesn't even trust half of us to touch them...let alone an outsider. And she was among those who weren't very convinced of your identity as the Sorcerer."
"Well, I suppose I will have to dissaude her of that notion," Steven replied.

Nicole said:
"It's pretty tedious," Nicole says, "but I've learned a lot. What kind of information do you think you're looking for? I can probably help narrow your search down quite a bit."
"That's just it, Nicole," Steven replied. "I'm really not certain. It may be that something will be there when I look through them. Are any of the books magical in nature?"

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
"Trouble. And you, why are you here? What happen so you finish like this?" Lawrence ask to the guy, walking slowly back in his direction, stopping behind the dog who lead him here. "And you, growl if he lies, please." Lawrence adds, stroking the dog's head.

"Like it really matters to you," the guy says with a hint of annoyance, "but I was down here to hook up with a girl. You know, to take care of my needs."

The dog sitting beside Lawrence begins to growl.

The man looks at the dog and begins to look even more nervous. "What is the problem with these dogs? Are you gonna listen to me or some growling mutt?"

Rybaer

First Post
Mimic said:
Granite shifts his head, cracking his neck as he feels his powers returning to him. At least it was only temporary thing, now all he had to worry about was these lizard things coming at him.

Granite will holster his weapons and assume a defensive position until one of the rushing lizard men is within stiking range, when that happens he will unleash an all out attack.

The two lizard men charge simultaneously. Granite waits until the last moment, and then side steps while pounding one furiously in the side of the head. The lizard man crashes violently into his companion and both drop to a heap on the floor. They're big and strong, but not on the same level as Granite.

The remaining lizard man back in the chamber hesitates when its companions go down. It fires the beam weapon back in Granite's direction. The beam sweeps across Granite, but the creature doesn't seem to be able to hold it steady enough at this range to affect Granite's powers very much.

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:

"That's just it, Nicole," Steven replied. "I'm really not certain. It may be that something will be there when I look through them. Are any of the books magical in nature?"

"What do you mean by magical?" Nicole says. "They're all about magic in one way or another. Spellbooks and histories, mostly. But they aren't magical...just books."

"You forget about the Codex Imbellis," Denise says.

"The Forbidden Text!" Nicole says. "Of course, how could I forget? Except maybe because I've never been allowed to even look at the cover.

"You see, Mr. Faturious, there's a book that's locked away in a crate that no one's allowed to look at, let alone read. It's been told that only the Sorcerer himself can read it...or Draco, maybe. Anyone else who tries is rendered either insane or dead. It may just be a story told to keep kids from snooping, but I think everyone takes it seriously. You know...just in case."

Velmont

First Post
"Listen boy, you've heard about lie detector? It doesn't detect lie, it detect fear. Higher hearthbeat, sweating, dilated pupil and I pass. Lying induce a fear feeling, you want it or not. Dogs can feel fear, and so can feel when you lie.

I think you don't understand the situation very well. I will explain it to you. A man is gravely wounded. That man is an homeless, and for many people, they wouldn't care about him. But it happen that man had friends. One of them is me. Those dogs too. If they are here, it is because they think you have something to do with it. I can't make them obey me my orders. Me, I have no idea what you are doing here, but I see a wounded friend, the wounded nobody you are and a gun. 1 + 1 = 2 Things are against you.

I have many things to do and not enough time to do them, and I must tell that saving you life is somewhere at the bottom of the list. I offer you 2 more minutes. What you have to do, is convince them, not me. Me I'll give you only one thing. If you can convince them to let you go, I'll carry you to an hospital where you will be able to treat that wound and speak with the policemen. Also, I'll take your gun and give it to the police. They will do a ballistic test to see if it is the gun who wound my friend. If you can't convince them, I'll call the police, and wish you luck.

And if you think they won't listen to me for that, I'll tell you that you are wrong because of two things. I have contacts in the police, and I am me. You might remember me if I do that?"

Lawrence turn into a swarm of spider before turning back into human form.

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:

And if you think they won't listen to me for that, I'll tell you that you are wrong because of two things. I have contacts in the police, and I am me. You might remember me if I do that?"

Lawrence turn into a swarm of spider before turning back into human form.

The man pales visibly at the sight of Lawrence changing form, but he also looks annoyed.

"So, you're the one they were talking about," the man says. "The one they wanted to talk to.

"Alright, kid, let me explain. I work for some folks who deal in dangerous things, and one of these things was recently stolen. The old man in this building, presumably the one you're talking about, was believed to have been the thief. From what I hear, he was able to convince my employers otherwise.

"I know they broke him to get that information, but I wasn't here for that. I'm just a lackey that they sent here later to clean up the mess. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't expecting the pack of wild dogs to be guarding his body."

He pauses. He looks tired, sorry, and defeated.

"I've got nothing against you, or the old man. And I don't even know what was stolen. Just let me out of here. I'm already gonna be in enough trouble without being on your bad side as well. Maybe I can even help you out...you know, with information or something...just so we're square."

Velmont

First Post
A trouble never come alone... and never two without three... Father, Gus. Who's next? Andrew? That would be the summum of trouble.

"They want to talk to me? I don't remember anyone dumb enough to kill someone's friend then ask a meeting. Generaly, it is the opposite, you talk and then you give menace of killing people close to you if you don't cooperate. It is the basic of fellony. Watch your back, your boss isn't the kind of people someone sane should work for. That's my advice.

Start by telling me who you are working for, what they want from me and what they lost that seems to make them so damn angry?"

Mimic

First Post
Granite hp: 4/4 status alternate form -3 ranks

Granite starts to head towards the last remaining Lizard man, he was very tired and he wasn't in a good mood.

"Look, I don't know if you understand me but I have had a really long day and I am really tired, which makes me very ANGRY, now why don't we make this easier on both of us and you drop the ray gun down and get down on your stomache? Or we can do this the painfull way which involves me smashing my fist into your face, which ironically will help me with my anger issues... so which is it going to be?"

ooc: intimidate +10, if it looks like he is going to shoot me or run for it, he will leap towards him.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Fate HPs: 4/4, Wearing: Stylish Tan Trenchcoat, casual clothes

Nicole said:
"You see, Mr. Faturious, there's a book that's locked away in a crate that no one's allowed to look at, let alone read. It's been told that only the Sorcerer himself can read it...or Draco, maybe. Anyone else who tries is rendered either insane or dead. It may just be a story told to keep kids from snooping, but I think everyone takes it seriously. You know...just in case."
"Well, I think I may want to look at some other texts first, before I go reading something that will kill me if I'm not this Sorceror you speak of," Steven replied cautiously. "Perhaps some tests that would determine if I was who you seek. Whether I am or not - I will continue to help. In fact, I would be interested in finding this Sorceror as much as you . . . that is, if I'm not."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases