[OOC] Ethend Game: The Hunt for Cantus [Recruiting]

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix said:
Scout class would fit their favored class fine.

Cool. :) I'll play a Human from the Zoduka region but I may or may not go scout... Still thinking upon things but Barbarian and ranger are the other classes I'm considering.

Ferrix

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Cool. :) I'll play a Human from the Zoduka region but I may or may not go scout... Still thinking upon things but Barbarian and ranger are the other classes I'm considering.

You asked about Fyndorn and you abandoned it! How dare you ;)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ferrix said:
You asked about Fyndorn and you abandoned it! How dare you ;)

Sorry that was a typo. :) I copy and pasted the wrong region. I mean Fyndorn. Still not sure on class... I'm very tempted by the scout. I've never had the chance to play one yet.

Is leadership banned yet? (I'm really only wanting a cohort)

Is there any special "gender rules" in Fyndorn?

If you do allow cohorts, do you allow flaws from UA? (I'm thinking the cohort would be "mute" which I think is worth a mechanical advantage.) If not allowed then he could just not like to talk. :)

Lastly how is rulership determined in Fyndorn? (What would be the terms Chief, King, Prince, Chief’s daughter... etc.)

Last edited:

RillianPA

First Post
Jerod was 11 when it happened. He and his family lived in a small village on the edge of the Eastern Outlands. His father, the village smith, was showing him the finer points of shaping a plow when his mother ran in.
"Its the Mythar! They've found us."
Tears welled up in his mother's eyes. "Jerod," his father said "quick get in the hole". Moving the massive anvil, his father pushed Jerod into the small space below it, and then replaced the anvil. In the small openings left, Jerod could see his father pull a long sword of some white, glittery (crystal) substance from his mother's hope chest. The next half hour was a blur of shouts, screams, fire and smoke. When he awoke it took him hours to finally shift the anvil enough to escape, and he wished he hadnt.
The village was gone. Everything had been destroyed, and the people killed, but there was no sign of his parents. He searched for hours, but nothing was left, no parents, no food, nothing. Finally, he began to wander in search of help, dazed by his loss.
1 month passes
Seryl was weeding his little vegetable patch. "Ah, the celery looks crisp this year" the gnome thought to himself, and then he noticed the growling. As he turned to look, he placed his hand behind his back, and focused his mind, summoning the searing blade that was his soulknife. Turning to the sound, it took him a long moment to realize what he was looking at. It was a human child, filthy and barely clothed, with a feral look on its face, staring at him and growling.

Ok well thats enough narrative before you approve. I will probably go with this concept regardless, but I would like to have a human, raised by a very independent gnome and trained as a soulknife. You might say he's a human with the soul of a gnome :D

If you object, I'll probably do him as a psychic warrior.

Rino

First Post
i think im going to make a psion (first time so i think it will have a lot of errors in it).

looks like it is going to a a soul knife. or a warrior i'll see what i can some up with.
if it all fails then i'm going for a good old barbarian

This is my first time so ere goes nothing.

Braerthalas Alathatka
Elven Swashbuckler 6 Dulest 1

Height: 4'8''
Weight: 121
Eyes: Gray
Hair: Waist Length, Dark Brown, in a pony tail
Skin: Not Sure

Background

Growing up with his tribe Braer was never content. He needed something more than the existance of his kin. He did not bellieve that his tribe sould hide from the other people who passed through Laerendhor. Further, he had no aptitude for the Druidic Arts and was uninterested in Spirit Magic. Increasingly bored in tribal life he made up his mind to leave when he came of age. On tha day he partook in a hunt for the wild boar to sacrifice and please the spirits as was custom. He never fouund it, instead he came apon a band of human travellers from White Cliff. The travellers were hopelessly lost in the unfamiliar trees and when they saw Braer they cried out in Joy. Though he knew little of their language Braer managed to reach an agreement with them; he would lead them out of the orest and in return they would show him to their city.

Never having seen anything but the villages of the elves, Braer was speechless. He stood simply gawking at the gates taking it all in for five full minutes. When he was done, he knew in his heart this was where he bellonged. The travellers, whos names he had learned to be Raphael and Elizabeth, gave him a gold coin and bid him farewell. With the single coin, he joined a local Fencing establishment under the care of Maestro Tagen Quickstrike. Under the maestros guidnce he learned how to fight, how to talk, how to fit in, and how to make money off of those things. Eventually, Braer surpased his master in all of these things and is trying to become a member of he noble caste.

Last edited:

Ringmereth

First Post
Well, it looks like you're fairly full, but if you'd consider a character from me, I'll make one. Since everyone else is going psionic, I think I might write up a Wu Jen.

Ferrix

Explorer
This won't be first come first served so post a character concept up. Now to address everyone individually.

Dichotomy - Interesting elven concept, I like the idea that her spirit stayed in the spirit realm until her body was ready. How would she fall in with the resistance?

DrZombie - Cool :)

Brother Shatterstone - I'd allow the Leadership feat and it would actually be fitting for the "followers" to be more of contacts within the resistance. If you go that direction it might be a good leader character. Regarding Flaws, I do allow them and a mute flaw would be interesting, however I generally am pretty picky on what the replacement feat will be, as it should somehow play off of that characters weakness (flaw), a good example would be Olivia the Blind Seer who was one of the original characters, she received Blind-Fight as her extra feat.

As to the hierarchy of the barbarian tribes, I would go with chief. There would be no king of the barbarians at this point, they are too scattered and varied. Also, spirit shamans often have a place of honor within their society. Gender rules, I'd say a visible male structure of dominance with women playing important roles behind the scenes. Also there would be no structure for the spirit shamans, it would be dependent on the tribe and the specific tradition. I'd say this isn't a hard and fast a rule, but a good guideline.

RillianPA - Interesting narrative, I think I could go for it. Flesh it out a bit more and make me love it!

TroyXavier, Ringmereth, Rino - Get a background and personality up, I'll look through peoples characters and stuff and at some point give a deadline for submission and then select who makes the cut.

magic_gathering2001 - I like it, and it makes sense, the elves are not flighty, but are still prone to their whims and it would make sense that they would venture out of Laerendhor. And despite them "hiding" there, it's a massive forest, think like half of russia/ussr. Also, duelists are fine, however the tradition comes more from Agoria than Cihairdun. There is also no real noble class in Cihairdun, just like much of anywhere else except Zoduka, the Mythar stamped out most traditional hierarchies when they took over. There are those that serve the Mythar as lackeys and gain land/power/sovereignty and there are those that serve under those people. Additionally, why would your character be involved in the resistance?

I think that's about it.

One important thing to think about when making your character is how they would be involved with the resistance or a group of characters who are resistance fighters. They don't have to be part of the resistance yet, but that's sort of the idea of the game.

If you have questions that you don't want to ask here, you can e-mail me at ferrix (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thx.
Well if there are Duelists in Agoria then change all mentions of Cihairdun to Angoria.
I am in the resistance to increase my standing within the government that will be formed after they are driven out.

About the "hiding" thing. I figured that in 100+ years someone would pass through that part of the forest and the elves would hide based oon what you wrote.

Last edited:

Remove ads