Iron Heroes - I have it in my hands!

A'koss

Explorer
Bastard! :p

Okay, now that I got that off my chest...

1. I'm quite interested in the Weapon Master class - quick breakdown?

2. Armor and Damage Resistance - some examples?

3. Arcanist - quick breakdown? Mana? How does the spellcasting system work? What kinds of spells can you cast? Other abilities?

4. Which are the coolest feats IYO? :cool:

5. Most interesting modifications to skills? I would be interested in what changes were made to Diplomacy.

6. Any other cool features - Combat Challenges?

Thanks!

zen_hydra

First Post
Beyond what we have seen previewed, what new combat dynamics are introduced?

What are the abilities (in a nutshell) of the non-previewed classes?

Can you give us a summation of how the Arcanist / magic system works?

What is really innovative and cool about the game that didn't make it into the previews?

Would you be kind enough to give us a table of contents listing?

Now that it is available, can the play testers come out and spill their guts on the topic?

Nailom

First Post
How many pages are filled with spells and are they much different then the one's in the PHB?

Last edited:

All saves equal level, so at 20th level you have +20 in all saves.
Poor attack bonus goes to +15, average goes to +20 and excellent goes to +25.
Poor defense to +15, average to +17, excellent to +20.

Two feats at 1st level, one feat every even level after (2, 4, 6 etc.).

Weapon master: average BAB with all weapons, excellent with one. Average defense. HD 1d4+6 per level. Gains tokens by hitting opponent. Gains weapon style abilities. These are fx. Expert strike (+1 to hit or dam per token spent) or Mighty blow (spend 3 tokens, reroll damage roll, use best result). Favored defense: Gets better defense with favored weapon. Weapon expertise: spend tokens to activate, fx. Precise strike (spend 4 tokens to take 10 on attack roll). Weapon supremacy: spend tokens to use even more powerful abilities like Telling Blow – combine special attack like disarm with standard attack.

Armor: leather 1d2/magic, chain 1d4/magic, plate 1d8/magic. So no protection vs. magic attacks,, including magic weapons.

Arcanist and magic: getting back with that.

Feat: There are many to choose from. Improved critical, Expanded mastery 10: You no longer need to roll to confirm critical threats. If youer attack has any chance of piercing a vital area, you infallibly drive it home

There are about 5 sample spells. I will read the arcanist and the magic system now, as this seems to be what people are interested in the most.

:)

Turanil

First Post
I can't wait for someone writing a detailed review.

My question: do you feel this system is overpowered (compared to normal d20)? Imean: BABs that are +5 higher than normal d20 babs, one feat per two levels, all saves at +1 per level... :eek:

A'koss

Explorer
Sorcica said:
All saves equal level, so at 20th level you have +20 in all saves.
Whoa momma! :p

Two feats at 1st level, one feat every even level after (2, 4, 6 etc.).
So it is two at 1st level (and I assume it's still 2 Traits at 1st level as well)... that makes for some tough 1st level characters. Have ability scores increases changed from core?

Thanks for the WM breakdown Sorcica - very much what I expected.

Armor: leather 1d2/magic, chain 1d4/magic, plate 1d8/magic. So no protection vs. magic attacks,, including magic weapons.
Are there magic weapons in IH?

Cheers!

Remove ads