[MotW] Animal Lord's Animal Bond Q

fba827

Adventurer
Regarding the Animal Lord presented in WotC's Masters of the Wild ...

There is the Class Feature called "Animal Bond"

Question 1:
The second portion of that feature (per the book) functions like the animal friendship of the druid but can only be applied towards the particular type of animal for which that the character is an animal lord.

Can Animal Bond (gained via the PrC) and Animal Companion (gained via the animal friendship spell) levels stack for the purposes of determining the companions since they both are based on the animal friendship spell?

Or must those two types of companions' HD totals remain seperate?

The reason this becomes relavent is for two reasons...
1) The animal companion spell specifically says that at no time can the character have more animal companions than twice the caster level, maximum. so if the animal bond companions are considered animal companions then the two totals would be limited by the one maximum

2) If all the animal companion levels were to be applied to as few animals as possible, then it makes a difference as to whether there would be one strong companion (whose HD equals (max) twice the caster level of the animal companion and twice the PrC levels) -or- there would be two animals one that is (max) twice the HD of the animal friendship's caster level and one that is (max) twice the PrC level

(I know I am bad at phrasing my questions, my apologies up front).

PS. Out of random curisosity, if anyone has had any experience with this PrC (be it playing one or DMing one) feel free to mention your opinions with personal experience as well.

Dr. Zoom

First Post
If it did say "twice the caster level" you might be able to stack them. But it says twice the animal lord level, so I don't think you can stack the ranger's caster level with the animal lord levels.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases