• I only read.

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • I\'m special, I do both.

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • Oops wrong forum.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Joker

First Post
I hope this hasn't been asked before but I was wondering how many of the writers here also read other story hours. And also if there are people who just read.

Tata.

Rune

Once A Fool
I do both. As a matter of fact, a lot of the inspiration for my own storhours (and games that I run for my players to write up) are drawn from the storyhours I read here.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
I started by reading several Story Hours, and then began writing my own. I still keep up with at least 6 Story Hours as well as writing mine.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Well, mostly I write. . . the only story hour I keep up with these days is Sagiro's because he updates so infrequently I can actually do it. ..

I fell so far behind in Old One's that I gave up a couple of months ago. . .I hope to catch up again one day. . .

I write, mainly. I keep up with Lazybones' and Rune's story hours, as I find them both excellent.

Sorry I never post on your threads, fellas. I'm content to just read.

And, let's face it, neither of you really need to be told just how damn good you are, do you?

Lazybones

Adventurer
Thanks Sep, I appreciate the kudos. You already know how I feel about your amazing story (same as everyone else on ENWorld :D).

My job is made up of alternating stretches of busy chaos and slow laziness, so I often write and read in bursts. I currently follow about 6 threads actively, though, and keep up with a number of others when I get a chance (they're great to bring to a board meeting... Rel and Rybaer have each saved me from certain boredom several times ;)). I try to post updates to my story 3-5 times a week, which is easier for me since I'm not tied to a gaming schedule. Plus I type really fast (which has the added benefit of making me look really busy when coworkers pass by my office). :):)

Last edited:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
I read mostly. Sometimes I write. The reading has been a lot in the past, but recently I have only had the time to read a few.

I miss a couple of stories that were really good.

madriel

First Post
So far, I only read the SHs. I follow eight or nine of them on a regular basis (the joys of being underemployed).

When I started lurking last summer, our campaign was nearly two years old which is a little much to recap. We played our second session of a new Star Wars campaign on Sunday. If I get our new DM's permission I'll post it.

Black Omega

First Post
Read and write. I like to get ideas from other Storyhours and using them in writing my own to make it better. Someday I'll be up in that 5 digit views range.;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases