The Immortal`s Handbook

So Upper Krust, how is your project? I am curious how do you associate Worshipper Points with Divine Ranks, are Salient Divine Abilities aquired by spending Worshipper Points? Will you still go with minimum Hit Dice for Divine Rank, if so could you list it? What about The True Dweomers?

Also, do you consider your Entities the greatest representations of the concepts or concepts itself? I can`t imagine how The Time itself can have a physical form or be destroyed, causing all time to stop.

By the way, have you read a recent book by Nail Gailman, titled American Gods? Some of Thrin`s buddies from Norse Pantheon are there, hanging in modern day America, very nice book.

Last edited:

Hi Melkor mate! :)

Melkor said:
So Upper Krust, how is your project?

*insert excuse here* :eek:

I should have the first sections ready in a week or so - when I do I'll start a new thread here myself.

Over the last few days I have been concentrating on the Monsters section - since that will have the most artwork needed, then I will finish off the initial portion.

I really think you will enjoy the Monsters. I have them from about Solar measures of power to individual beings or races that could take on a whole Pantheon! :)

I
Melkor said:
am curious how do you associate Worshipper Points with Divine Ranks,

The same as Experience Points equate to Class Levels.

Melkor said:
are Salient Divine Abilities aquired by spending Worshipper Points?

Yes and no. You still get the 'free' SDAs. But you can 'purchase' additional SDAs as well as Esoteric Divine Abilities.

You can also add SDAs to magic items.

Melkor said:
Will you still go with minimum Hit Dice for Divine Rank,

There is a recommended HD/Levels for Hero-deities (20+ HD/Levels) and I have suggested two methods of Randomly Generating Deities (one for Divine PC Campaigns; the other for standard campaigns).

Melkor said:
if so could you list it?

Generally (for deity PC campaigns) it doubles with every two measurements of divine status. Otherwise it more closely parallels D&Dg - although I don't have practically everyone at 60 HD/Levels.

Melkor said:
What about The True Dweomers?

They are no longer called True Dweomers. In fact this aspect has changed a lot. More on this in the future. ;)

Melkor said:
Also, do you consider your Entities the greatest representations of the concepts or concepts itself? I can`t imagine how The Time itself can have a physical form or be destroyed, causing all time to stop.

Well, Time 'itself' isn't sentient. So the Entity of Time is the greatest representation of Time within the multiverse.

Usually I try and tie this in with some mythological figure - so Zurvan Akurana (of Persian Mythology) is Time.

Melkor said:
By the way, have you read a recent book by Nail Gailman, titled American Gods? Some of Thrin`s buddies from Norse Pantheon are there, hanging in modern day America, very nice book.

No but it sounds interesting. I'll try and check it out when I get the chance. Thanks mate.

Knight Otu

First Post
Hi, Upper_Krust :)

I've asked this question in my PR-thread, but since you are propably too busy to read it (please note that I mean no offense with this comment, I understand that you are very busy :) ), I'll repeat it here:

I have read that you want to change (among other things) the save DC of Annihilating Strike to the standard formula for saves, using the Charisma modifier. Since the ability is originally based on damage, wouldn't it make more sense to base it on the Strength modifier?

Another question that came into my mind - Do you plan to add a saving throw to Divine Splendor? (Even though it affects "only" mortals, it seems to be a bit too powerful without a save - but maybe a natural 20 shouldn't be an automatic save?)

Thank you in advance. :)

Knight Otu said:

Hi Knight Otu mate! :)

Knight Otu said:
I've asked this question in my PR-thread, but since you are propably too busy to read it (please note that I mean no offense with this comment, I understand that you are very busy :) ), I'll repeat it here:

Hey! Offend away mate! ;)

I remembered reading the question but something must have distracted me before I replied.

Knight Otu said:
I have read that you want to change (among other things) the save DC of Annihilating Strike to the standard formula for saves, using the Charisma modifier. Since the ability is originally based on damage, wouldn't it make more sense to base it on the Strength modifier?

I replied to this question in the Perry Rhodan thread. :)

Knight Otu said:
Another question that came into my mind - Do you plan to add a saving throw to Divine Splendor? (Even though it affects "only" mortals, it seems to be a bit too powerful without a save - but maybe a natural 20 shouldn't be an automatic save?)

I agree. I am adding a saving throw - but now Gods must also make the save.

This is one of a number of points that doesn't gel well with Epic Level Gaming.

...okay your 80th-level PC party just died - no save; roll up new characters. :(

Another major mistake is allowing Divine SU abilities to operate within Anti-magic.

Knight Otu said:
Thank you in advance. :)

No need mate - you know that!

Best of luck with the exams! That goes for Poil Brun too if he is reading this!?

:)

Hmm, Upper Krust, maybe you could post a stats of a deity according to your revised rules in IH, I remember you doing Odin and some other deities a long time ago. Also, what is a CR diffrence between, let`s say, an average Lesser God and Average Intermediate God? Will you try to make Deity Domain Powers balanced with each other, unlike it was in Deities and Demigods( where only the Domain Powers that had number of uses per day are getting more beneficial as Divine Rank progresses, why doesn`t the bonus to caster level from Domains like Good or Law also increase)?

Hi Melkor mate! :)

Melkor said:
Hmm, Upper Krust, maybe you could post a stats of a deity according to your revised rules in IH,

I will have a preview before release and a Psionics themed web enhancement shortly thereafter.

Melkor said:
I remember you doing Odin and some other deities a long time ago.

True though that was a long time ago - due to D&Dg; my former measure of divinity has been reduced one 'measure'. (Ostensibly because they combined Quasi and Hero-deity status into one).

Melkor said:
Also, what is a CR diffrence between, let`s say, an average Lesser God and Average Intermediate God?

CR5 is the 'typical' difference, given 'typical' levels.

eg.
40 HD/Levels + DR 7 = ECL 76 = CR 39
60 HD/Levels + DR 12 = ECL 116 = CR 44

Melkor said:
Will you try to make Deity Domain Powers balanced with each other,

I'll try.

SDAs are easy to balance - I don't know how WotC made so many mistakes.

Esoteric Divine Abilities are a bit trickier to balance.

Melkor said:
unlike it was in Deities and Demigods (where only the Domain Powers that had number of uses per day are getting more beneficial as Divine Rank progresses, why doesn`t the bonus to caster level from Domains like Good or Law also increase)?

Probably because Divine Rank increases innate Spell Levels anyway.

Incidently I am changing the base 10th-level to 20th-level (as it should be for Divine Rank 0).

Knight Otu

First Post

Hey! Offend away mate!
If I should ever intentionally offend anyone, I'll change my name to Blackguard Otu ;) (or maybe go back to Ashardalon - I should look if the profile is still active) - I do not want to offend anyone, and I thought that my statement could be regarded as offensive if read in the wrong mood, so I clarified it. :)

I replied to this question in the Perry Rhodan thread.
The reason I would use the CHA bonus instead of STR is because the Annihilation shares many traits with Undead special abilities and they are generally CHA based.

Something like Irresistable Blows would be better served using a STR modifier.
I do see your reasoning now, but I must admit that I'm not fully convinced. But since you have gone through the matter more throughoutly than I did, it is propably the better solution :).

...okay your 80th-level PC party just died - no save; roll up new characters.
Yes, that was my primary concern. :) How long would a person that makes it's save be immune to Divine Splendor? The standard one day, or shorter? (I would assume one day?)

Upper Krust, I think that Anhilating Strike being Charisma based makes sense, because it is based on spritual force of personality, just like Smite ability that Paladins, Blackguards and some Clerics posess. "By the name of Pelor I smite you". Anhilating Strike seems like an Advanced Smite to me.

By the way Upper Krust, do you have Faiths and Pantheons? Is so, what is your opinion about this book? I think that they should have made 4 base Domains avalible to Faerunian Deities, considering how many additional Domains are in FRCS. Poor Elistraee(sp?) had to spend 4 from her not many Salient Abilities on additional Domains! By the way, what is the diffrence between Esoteric and Salient Divine Abilities?

Last edited:

Knight Otu said:

Hi Knight Otu mate! :)

Knight Otu said:
If I should ever intentionally offend anyone, I'll change my name to Blackguard Otu ;) (or maybe go back to Ashardalon - I should look if the profile is still active) - I do not want to offend anyone, and I thought that my statement could be regarded as offensive if read in the wrong mood, so I clarified it. :)

I know that - I just meant that we are all friends here and none of us would intentionally offend another. :)

Knight Otu said:
I do see your reasoning now, but I must admit that I'm not fully convinced. But since you have gone through the matter more throughoutly than I did, it is propably the better solution :).

;)

Knight Otu said:
How long would a person that makes it's save be immune to Divine Splendor? The standard one day, or shorter? (I would assume one day?)

I think the one day rule is typical in these cases.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases