Warrior of the Golden Wind (PrC): Inspired from the Monkey King

Cyronax

Explorer
I need some opinions about this PrC I just created. I haven't written any flavor text yet, but the jist of this class is that Warriors emulate the fighting style of a long dead vanara (OA monkey people) loosely based off the Monkey King.

I created this class so that my 2nd level barbarian wujen vanara
might have the option of learning the martial arts style that his long dead ancestor founded.

Anyway, I was inspired by OA's blade dancer PrC, but changed things around so that the Warrior would have many things in common with a rogue or monk.

------
Warrior of the Golden Wind

Hit Dice: d8

Class Skills: Balance, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Escape Artist, Jump, Knowledge (any), Tumble, Spellcraft, Use Rope.
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Intelligence Modifier.

Requirements:
Alignment: any nonlawful
BAB: +4
Skills: Concentration 9 ranks, Jump 9 ranks, Knowledge (Arcana) 6 ranks, Balance 4 ranks, Tumble 4 ranks.
Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Improved Initiative.
Spells: must be able to cast arcane or divine spells.

Progression:
BAB: As Rogue.
Save: Fort - Bad, Ref - Good, Wil - Good.
Special
1 Fast Movement +10’, Evasion, Slow Fall (20’)
2 Leap of the Clouds, +1 lvl Class
3 Bonus Feat
4 Acrobatic (+10), Slow Fall (30’), +1 lvl Class
5 Improved Evasion, Fast Movement +10’
6 Ride the Wind (1/day), +1 lvl Class
7 Acrobatics (+20), Slow Fall (50’)
8 Ride the Wind (2/day), +1 lvl Class
9 Bonus Feat
10 'Master of the Golden Wind' - Fast Movement +10’, Slow Fall (any distance), Ride the Wind (3/day), Acrobatics (+30), +1 lvl Class

Weapons and Armor Proficiency: Warriors of the Golden Wind are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and with light armor. A Warrior who wears medium or heavy armor, or carries a medium or heavy load, cannot use any of his special abilities.

Spells: At 2nd level, and every even numbered level thereafter, a Warrior gains one level in their primary spellcasting class.

Fast Movement: At 1st, 5th, and 10th levels, a Warrior moves faster than normal. A Warrior’s movement is only enhanced when wearing no armor or light armor (and not carrying a medium load or heavier). (Ex)

Evasion: A Warrior can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If a Warrior makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, the Warrior instead takes no damage. (Ex)

Slow Fall: A Warrior within arm’s reach of a wall can use the wall to slow his descent. The Warrior takes damage as if the fall were 20 feet shorter than it actually is. His ability to fall improves with his level, until at 10th level, the Warrior can use a nearby wall to slow his descent and fall any distance without harm. (Ex)

Leap of the Clouds: At 2nd level, a Warrior’s jumping distance is not limited according to his height. (Su)

Bonus Feat: A Warrior of the Golden Wind receives a bonus feat at 3rd and 9th level. The warrior must meet all the requirements for the feat in order to choose it. The feats can be chosen from this list: Any metamagic feat, blind-fight, combat casting, combat reflexes, endurance, expertise, iron will, spring attack, whirlwind attack, weapon focus.

Acrobatics: At 4th level a Warrior of the Golden Wind gains a +10 competence bonus on Balance, Jump, and Tumble checks. At 7th level this bonus increases to +20, and at 10th level is it +30. In addition, a Warrior can always choose to take 10 on a Balance, Jump, or Tumble check, even when circumstances would normally prevent him from doing so. (Su)

Ride the Wind: A Warrior of the Golden Wind of 6th level or higher can use air walk as a spell-like ability once per day. A Warrior can ride the wind twice per day at 8th level and three times per day at 10th level. (Sp)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases