My first Iron Heroes... er, umm... Hero!

Yuan-Ti

First Post
Okay, I did this quick and have not absorbed all the rules. But take it as a point of discussion and as an example of one of the character classes.

Class: Armiger
Level: 2

Str 16, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10 (I used a 32-pt buy)

BAB +2, BDB +1

Hps: 27
Defense = 10 +3 (shield) +1 (trait) +1 (Class BDB) +1 (Dex) +1 (feat) = 17
Passive Defense = 10 +3 (shield) +1 (trait) = 14
DR: 1d6+1/magic

Saves:
Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3

Attack = Warhammer +5 (1d8+3, x3)

Traits: Tough as Iron (+2 Con), Stout (+1 Def)
Feats: Armor Mastery 1 (+1 armor DR), Armor Mastery 2 (25% crits fail), Shield Mastery 1 (+1 shield bonus)

Class Abilities: Master Armorer, Tough as Nails, Armor Pool

Skill Group: Athletics +8

Skills: Craft Armor +9, Handle Animal +3, Heal +6, Listen +6, Ride +3

Equipment: Heavy Steel Shield, Banded Mail, Warhammer

A'koss

Explorer
Very cool. Quick question though, what kind of penalty is the armiger going to take on his Athletics SG with all that armor - same as in D&D?

EricNoah

Adventurer
A'koss said:
Very cool. Quick question though, what kind of penalty is the armiger going to take on his Athletics SG with all that armor - same as in D&D?

-2 for shield and -6 for armor. So the same as D&D. There's an armor mastery that allows you to reduce that some.

A'koss

Explorer
EricNoah said:
-2 for shield and -6 for armor. So the same as D&D. There's an armor mastery that allows you to reduce that some.
Thanks.

Does the chain shirt still exist? Mithril and adamantine? Any other exotic materials?

Kunimatyu

First Post
Here's my first Hero. He's multiclassed, but this concept was just too cool.

Hyrexus, Priest of the Purifying Flame

Class: Arcanist 1/Weapon Master 1
Traits: Child of Faith(Ordination), Weapon Bond(flaming palm, Con)
Feats: Skill Focus: Concentration, Combat Reflexes, Two Weapon Fighting

10Str 16Dex 18Con 10Int 12Wis 12Cha

BAB: +1
BDB: +1
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +3
HP: 2d4+16 (20 hp)
Attack: flaming palm +5 (1d8+4, magic,fire)
Defense: 14 (10 + 1 BDB + 3 Dex)
Armor: Leather (DR1d2/magic)

Abilities: Spellcasting(1st favored school: evocation, 2nd favored school, enchantment), Mana pool(12 mana), Aspect of power(master of heat and flame), Favored weapon(flaming palm), Weapon pool, Weapon style(weapon agility)

Skills: Appraise +4, Balance +7, Bluff +5, Climb +5, Concentration +12, Decipher Script +4, Diplomacy +6, Gather Info +5, Heal +6, Intimidate +6, Jump +5, Knowledge +4(religion, nobility, planes, nature), Sense Motive +5, Speak Language (4), Spellcraft +4, Swim +5, Use Magic Device +5

Odhanan

Adventurer
Cool characters guys. :)

I just would like to point out that the Iron League, the upcoming official fan website of Iron Heroes, will include a "Characters" section where fans can submit actual characters, PCs or NPCs, that could be used for the game.

Aside of Characters, any type of encounters, adventure seeds, ideas and advice, articles, pieces of fiction, anything that can help others discover IH and use it to its full potential, would be a great asset to the site.

For your submissions, you can write to lieges@iron-league.com

Cheers,
Odh/Ben

Yuan-Ti

First Post
A'koss said:
Does the chain shirt still exist?

There are actually only 7 armors in the game. Padded, Leather, Stud Leather, Scale Mail, Chainmail, Banded Mail, Plate. Because of the change from AC bonus to DR, there really probably don't need to be more armors than that.

There are actually shields which give defense bonus of from +1 to +4.

A'koss

Explorer
Yuan-Ti said:
There are actually only 7 armors in the game. Padded, Leather, Stud Leather, Scale Mail, Chainmail, Banded Mail, Plate. Because of the change from AC bonus to DR, there really probably don't need to be more armors than that.
Damn, I loved chain shirts! Just the right combination of AC, unrestrictive movement, low skill penalties and allowing for a decent dex bonus. Mithril shirts were the best!

There are actually shields which give defense bonus of from +1 to +4.
My guess is though you're going to be pretty hampered carrying anything that grants more than a +2 bonus... right?

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases