Is Thread Necromancy Ok?

Do you like Thread Necromancy?

Mokona

First Post
I admit it, I'm a thread necromancy hound. Do you practice thread necromancy? Do you like thread necromancers? Do you feel suckered when you post in an resurrected thread?

Crothian

First Post
As long as you or whomever adds something to the old discussion so its not like a bump 3 years later, I don't care. I don't do it as I'm likely to just start a new thread on the topic.

ThirdWizard

First Post
I'm not likely to reply to a raised thread. It's unlikely that the old participants in the thread are going to start the debate up again, as they've already stopped for whatever reason, making your points kinda... pointless in that regard. Without back and forth, there's not much reason to contribute. A new thread with new participants coming at it their own way would be much better, IMO. Also, if its really long, changing subjects a few times perhaps, then not too many people are going to sit through it (especially once they figure out the year is 2004 or some such thing). Again, best to just start up your own thread on the subject instead.

MonsterMash

First Post
Depends on the thread, I prefer that really long ones on subjects have a new thread rather than 10 pages of posts being resurrected, but some deserve to live on.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I am a linker, there are always topics that come up and linking to the old thread is a good think. I have also started to put a few in my sig.

Gold Roger

First Post
I think it should at least be allowed to either raise old threds for new people or make theads to a topic that's been discussed before. I think it's frustrating for a newbe to not be alowed to talk about a certain topic just because, it's been diskussed by "us" already.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases