edit, found: dungeon map from 1E &3.0E DMG & Dungeon of the Fire Opal- Issue #84

frankthedm

First Post
Could someone help me to find an electronic image of the map that was in the 1E & 3.0E DMG along with Dungeon 84's "Dungeon of the Fire Opal".

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
thanks, i had a paper copies of it in all 3 forms [1e, 3e, mag] but my scanner was busted and was hoping to find one to mod in MSpaint and then print in mini's scale using word on 11x17 paper when i first posted this. I finaly got the stupid thing working a few weeks back. You can see some of the grid errors/ annomalies of the 1e DMG still on the map if you look close.

I Combined The overland of B5 The Horror on the Hill and the dungeon of the fire opal.

My players {6th to 7th} just made it into the dungeon. the second map shows thier progress.

Attachments

• opalsmall.GIF
    opalsmall.GIF
    103.4 KB · Views: 250
  • opalclear.gif
    opalclear.gif
    26.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
I tend to knock out a wall here and there, create cave ins to make belivable buffers between residents and place at least 1 path to the underdark in 90% of the dungeons i run.

Templetroll

Explorer
Quasqueton said:
It would be interesting to find out how many other DMs made a dungeon out that map.

I did. Back in ~92, for AD&D1.

Quasqueton

I used it twice for different groups. Neither one made it into the tomb area; the things I put in the front part always seemd to be enough adventure for the parties.

I'll have to dust off that map again!

grodog

Hero
I used the monastary as another output of the Cult of Elemental Evil, after the release of T1 but before T1-4 was published. I set it in the Wild Coast, and created a caverns level below the first level of the dungeon.

Unfortunately, since my host is having trojan issues, I can't point you to the map at present....

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases