Things that are better with bacon

Well - there's been some talk of bacon (oddly enough, in the thread abouth Peanut Butter) and it got me to thinking about all of the things that I love to eat bacon on, with, or in.

For example - if you cut a turkey breast (or chicken if you have no turkey) into slices the size of a small hot dog, wrap them in thick bacon, and grill them - you have an absolutely delicious combination. Put them in a hot dog bun or wrap them up in a slice of bread with ketchup and mustard and you have one of my **favorite** foods.

So - tell me what you like with bacon. Enlighten me and make my mouth water!!

Warrior Poet

Explorer
The next time you find yourself in Chicago, hie thee to Emilio's Tapas at the intersection of Fullerton and Clark (they have a second location on Ohio east of Michigan Ave.). One of their signature tapas dishes is bacon-wrapped dates. Say no more.

Warrior Poet

P.S. The sangria goes without saying, of course . . . .

Turkey is a clear yes

Grilled Cheese (yum!)

Anything with egg (omelet, sandwich etc...)

....grill cheese....lunch time? almost!

reveal

Adventurer
Water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, and then cooked in the oven to crisp the bacon, is one of my favorite appetizers.

Khayman

First Post
Devils on Horseback --- pitted prunes, stuffed with sauteed chicken livers, then wrapped in bacon and baked. Serve with chutney. [CR 4]

Wyn A'rienh

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
if you cut a turkey breast (or chicken if you have no turkey) into slices the size of a small hot dog, wrap them in thick bacon, and grill them - you have an absolutely delicious combination. Put them in a hot dog bun or wrap them up in a slice of bread with ketchup and mustard and you have one of my **favorite** foods.

Oh, wow. That sounds amazing.

Let's see ... my grandma puts bacon in her fresh green beans. Delicious.

My boyfriend makes a great pasta dish with penne, little pieces of lightly breaded chicken, sundried tomatoes, bacon, and this great smoked cheese sauce. It's heavenly.

Then there's all the common stuff - eggs, cheeseburgers, etc. Everything's better with bacon!

Remove ads