M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
orsal said:
After emerging from his room in the morning, Nurlan greets Abraham. "Good morning, Mister Abraham. Sorry I won't be able to give a repeat performance here. I've taken a job at the Theater of Mystic Celebrations."

Abraham smiles at Nurlan. "I've heard. Balmorrow is a friend of mine. He told me he'd found a new act. I'm taking the evening off, actually, to see you tonight. I'm glad you've come around. We always need a bit of fun around this dreary place."

Feel free to take off, anyone, if you're not interested in morning conversation. Just let me know where you're heading.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo enter the room after the main crowd have already come to the Inn. He sits down at a table, where Eanos come join him almost immediatly.`

"Yes, we'll need to speak the mayor about business opportunity. But first, I'll relax a bit around a good meal."

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Abraham smiles at Nurlan. "I've heard. Balmorrow is a friend of mine. He told me he'd found a new act. I'm taking the evening off, actually, to see you tonight. I'm glad you've come around. We always need a bit of fun around this dreary place."

"Glad to know I'm appreciated. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my spare time suring the days. There's a guy at the theatre -- Wilbur's the name, do you know him? -- who recommended the crab-hunting. Mordik and I have been talking about whether to give it a try."

Manzanita

First Post
orsal said:
"Glad to know I'm appreciated. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out what to do with my spare time suring the days. There's a guy at the theatre -- Wilbur's the name, do you know him? -- who recommended the crab-hunting. Mordik and I have been talking about whether to give it a try."

Abraham laughs. "Well. That's quite a different career than a performer. But if you're interested, south of town there's a beach. You can't miss it, really. This beach is notorious for the giant crabs that wander about. They're pretty good eating, so you can make a meal of them or sell them. Heck, I'd buy one from you for 10 silvers or so, depending on just how big. But its dangerous work. You've got to stay away from those claws. Also, the local priest of Delanor, met him? Names Harper. He takes a personal interest in those crabs. If word gets out that you're catching a lot, he'll ask you to stop, and you should. He can be a dangerous fellow."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan laughs. "Ah, Wilbur made it sound more of a recreation. Didn't talk about the danger. Maybe we'd better leave the crabs to the professionals, and stick to what we do best. What do you say, Mordik?"

Manzanita

First Post
XP award #1

[sblock]
Encounters
Investigation of murder scene/encounter with your employer...CR1
Tuesday evening at the Inn...............................................CR1
Wednesday Prince Phillip/Castle/Theater encounters...............CR1
Wednesday night encounter & investigation..........................CR1
Total: 200 XP each

Bonuses:
Nurlan's performances 50 XP
Rinaldo's sleigh of hand and inspired disguise 50 XP
Total: 100 XPs (applied to everyone)

Time spent (8/6 to 10/6):
Rinaldo 500
Tenebrynn, Nurlan 400
Ashnar 300
Eanos, Mordik 100

Totals per PC:
Rinaldo: 800 XPs
Nurlan, Tenebrynn: 700 XPs
Ashnar 600 XPs
Eanos, Mordik 400 XPs
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
OOC: XP award looks pretty fine with me.

As Rinaldo finish his meal he looks at Eanos and Ashnar. "You are ready to go? Ashnar, you want to come? You're help isn't necessary but you're welcome to come, as usual."

jkason

First Post
Eanos

"Ready when you are, Master Rinaldo," Eanos says, gulping back the last of his drink. He grabs his quarterstaff and stands, waiting with Rinaldo to see if Ashnar will be with them, or join Tenebrynn at the library today.

Manzanita

First Post
Eanos and Rinaldo (& Ashnar?) head out for the castle. Actually, I think that's where Tenebrynn is heading as well. As such, I think I'll continue with that senerio in this thread. Nurlan and Mordik can head back to their thread when they leave the inn or when something dangerous happens.

Ashnar and Tenebrynn - let me know your plans.

The group heads out for the castle, which is quite close by, and clearly visible on the hill. All the castle walls and towers are made of a rough, gray stone. The outer curtain wall is twenty feet high and conceals the main building. The wall towers are fifteen feet in diameter and thirty feet high. The large interior tower is forty-five feet tall. The gatehouse is thirty feet high. It has three forward-facing arrow slits. The portcullis is down, and the two huge ironreinforced doors behind it are closed.

The outer portcullis is raised, and the group is able to walk in, nervous under the murder holes. Two guards with halberts and longswords, wearing chainmail stand talking in front of the closed inner portcullis. They gaze at suspiciously as the group approaches.

jkason

First Post
Eanos stows his quarterstaff with the straps on the side of his backack. He keeps his hands visible to the guards. Other than those nonverbal assurances that he's not a threat and those nasty little murder holes needn't be used, the monk looks to Rinaldo. As the merchant never quite told him what business he meant to use as a cover on this particular visit, Eanos chooses silence rather than unintentionally hamstringing his companion's subterfuge.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases