M3: Assassin's Knot (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
Outside the Red Dragon Inn sits a large 6 wheeled carriage, the windows covered by rich purple cloth. A couple armed guard mill about outside as grooms fit four fresh horses to the front. The adventurers are ushered inside to sit on cushioned benches. Cold wine juice are offered by the driver. Several other benches are folded up at head level, to be folded down to make it a sleeping carriage for seven.

Edgar Vossinger has completed his errands and sits, figiting, inside. "As soon as everyone's in, we'll get started. I'll explain the what I can on the way there."

Adventure Notes:
[sblock]
Nurlan Lost 1.4 gps gambling tue

Mordik Lost 1 sp gambling tue

Rinaldo 203 gps to Priska, 100 gps to Tenebrynn, 100 gps to Ashnar

Tenebrynn 2 cp tip Wed, scroll (magic missile 3, mage armor 1) as bribe for Armax

Ashnar 1 sp tip wed; 1 sp to begger- wed

Eanos

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn leads the way out of the inn, whispering back to Ashnar, "Hmm... leaving the cleric behind might not be the best plan. Hope Nurlan has a few more healing tricks up his sleeve, I am glad that no one has taken Rinaldo up on those potions yet, I may need to buy a couple from him."

Knight Otu

First Post
"It is certainly a risk. I hope it is not a big mistake..." Ashnar whispers back as they approach the carriage.
"But it is hard finding anything not a risk in our line of business."

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan Naibi, human bard3 fighter1

Nurlan, no longer bedecked in the royal cloak, emerges from the inn. He gives Lordy a pet, and carries both his backpack and saddle bags over to Vossinger's vehicle. "I'm ready", he says

jkason

First Post
Eanos, Monk1

Following the more seasoned adventurers, Eanos enters the carriage, as well, smiling nervously. He nods his readiness, then settles back in his seat.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Actually if I remember correctly we picked up one of those handy wands before we set out for Monemvassia last time. I wonder if Nurlan still has it." He whispers back to Ashnar. Tenebrynn nods politely to Eanos as he enters the carriage.

Manzanita

First Post
“Well, thanks for coming everyone.” Says Vossinger. “Please enjoy some of our fine wine on our trip. Monemvassia is famous for her venerable grape orchards, and this particular variety is hard to find these days.”

“But I’m afraid I must talk business. You see, Duke Antoine Jara has been murdered. The Duke is the King’s brother, and admiral of the Navy. His ship pulled into the dock at Three Rings on Sunday. Three Rings is a small town south of Monemvassia that is in our Military protection zone. He conducted some official business in the city and retired to his quarters that evening. In the morning he didn’t emerge. Eventually the door was smashed down, and he was found dead. Stabbed in the back. No sign of a struggle. The assassin also cut out his heart, making resurrection very difficult.”

“He was killed, then, on Sunday night. We should be arriving in Three Rings on Tuesday afternoon. Our carriage will proceed through town with curtains drawn and take you directly to the ship. A minimum of personnel will see you. We would like you to remain as annonomous as possible to allow you to investigate freely. This, and the possibility that this was an inside job, makes us want to hire outsiders.”

“The Duke was very well liked. He has no known enemies. This makes us think it is a plot against the city itself. We fear more assassination attempts will come.”

In general, I’d be happy if you made your own rolls on public die rollers such as invisible castle. At times, I will roll for you. In combat, I will make rolls for your opponents privately, as linking each roll greatly increases the time it takes me to DM. Feel free to make combat rolls for yourself as well.

Spoiler for Knowledge (geography) or Bardic Knowledge DC 20.
[sblock]The City of Three Rings is said to be the location of a notorious assassins guild called the Black Hand.[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: We're still expecting Rinaldo and Mordik to check into this thread. I suppose we can take that out of order.

"The King's brother. That sounds quite serious. Did he have known enemies? Or does the city have known enemies?" Nurlan thinks back to the woman they met when he had recruited Ashnar and Rinaldo and the barbarians for the attack on the goblins. Persephone, her name was. She had spent some time in Monemvassia, and described some complicated intrigue just within the royal family. But he says nothing of that, playing innocent for the time being.

Bardic Knowledge: 5+5=10 He doesn't know anything about ... er, whatever it is he doesn't know about.

jkason

First Post
Eanos accepts some of the wine, then listens to Vossinger's recitation. He decides to let the more experienced party members lead on follow-up questions, instead focusing his energies on observing their new host and getting a better sense of the man, hopefully giving Eanos something against which to weigh the information.

[OOC: Sense Motive 20+10=30 This is my first time using that site. It's not always this generous, is it? :)

Eanos is always trying to 'get a sense' of the truthfulness / trustworthiness of those around him. It's basically the schtick I chose for this character's definition of Lawful. For Eanos, truth=lawfulness. I'll try to keep the checks to a minimum, limiting it to folks giving us key information and the like. I don't want it to get obnoxious.]

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo finally arrive in the carriage. "Sorry, I had to finish my business with Joe." Rinaldo sits down and seems relief to do it. He touch his eye, feeling that there is some swelling. "A beat off merchant, that's look a bit pathetic. Let's correct a bit that." He adjust his hat and all the scratch and swelling dissapears. "Too bad the hat doesn't remove the pain too."

He then fell silent and listen to Vossinger who explain the situation.

"For staying anonymous, there will be not much problems. I think my hat will come handy for that... So we have to investigate some murder. I'm happy to have finally the chance to make good use of all my connection. It will make change oftaking down band of goblins, fishmen or bandits...

How many person have visited the crime site and who? Everyone, I'll ask once we get on the ship, try to be as carefull as possible. We will do a systematic search of the crime site to not miss anything. It would be bad to disturb something important. Do we have the weapon of the crime?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases