WotC Seeking Your Setting Proposals (was "Big Wizard announcement")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostmarrow

First Post
Core Ethos Sentence?

How about this: A world of swords-and-sandals adventure, where heroes battle monsters whilst wearing sandals.

:rolleyes:

Zappo

Explorer
I can't believe it! They want another generic fantasy sword&sorcery setting! Don't they have enough of them?!?

Zappo said:
I can't believe it! They want another generic fantasy sword&sorcery setting! Don't they have enough of them?!?

Well, it's not what "they have enough of" that matters, it's what the public has had enough of that matters. :)

Besides, they said thematically similar. I suspect they're cautioning against 8 million Planescapesque settings, rather than saying it MUST BE LIKE FR or DL. There is alot of wiggle room to sword&sorcery.

MJEggertson

First Post
Yikes, that's a pretty demanding timeline. Sort of demands that you have most of the details of your gaming world already worked out.

I have hundreds of vague details I've been keeping in my head for years for an alternate setting. But can I get them down in a coherent form that quickly, whilst dealing with work? The answer is probably: no.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
They really do have too many now, but setting books sell, even if it is just to steal ideas for your game. Publish and forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases