Character Build: Dragon Disciple

IcyCool

First Post
RaVan said:
Yes, it's a compromise from a standard Fighter or Barbarian Tank, but still, a much better tank than a Dragon Disciple no matter how you look at it.

~Rav

Aside from aquiring the benefits of the half-dragon template slower, how exactly is this a better tank than the Dragon Disciple?

Take a Sorc 1/Fighter 4/DD 10 and compare it to a Half-Dragon Fighter 12. The DD has a better Will Save, better Fort Save, and better HP. The Half dragon has a slightly better BAB (+1).

How is the Half-Dragon a much better tank again?

LordBOB

First Post
hey guys why dont you throw in some monk levels as well. This is b/c monks get AC from BOTH WISDOM and DEXTERITY. therefore pump those stats up and your set. Your str. will adventually raise so you dont have to worry about that for now. Also as your monk levels its natural speed increases so you can fly faster which is also awesome

Also correct me if I am wrong but someone mentioned useing a greatsword for damage, and im pretty sure that a DD is only profecient with natural attacks, so that means they cant wear armor or weild weapons.

And yes i think it would be GREAT to have a breath weapon. Sure it isnt powerful in the beginning but when you reach lv.10 than it becomes full power. Of course you can still use it only one a day which is horrible. What i would try and do is to compromise with your DM to let your breath weapon act like a regular dragons breath weapon maybe by giving up a feat or two for it. I know i would

pbd

First Post
LordBOB said:
hey guys why dont you throw in some monk levels as well. This is b/c monks get AC from BOTH WISDOM and DEXTERITY.

Also correct me if I am wrong but someone mentioned useing a greatsword for damage, and im pretty sure that a DD is only profecient with natural attacks, so that means they cant wear armor or weild weapons.

The wisdom to AC bonus only works if you aren't wearing armor, which leads to the second point...

I think you may be misreading the armor and weapon proficiency portion. For a pestige class with this wording it means that you don't gain any additional weapon or armor proficiencies; you still retain any you had upon entering the class.

Night_Knight

First Post
I would take one level of warmage instead of battle sorcerer

A LOT more spells known 4,13 VS 4,1 (level 0,1)
More spells per day. 5,3 VS 4,2
Warmage Edge is a bonus.

d6 instead of d8 for hit points, enlarge person is not on the spell list, and no familiar are the only real drawbacks I saw.

Oh yeah don't forget to take practiced spellcaster so all your 1st level spells will be cast at up to 5th level of ablity! You should have about 10 of them before you are done with DD might as well make them a little useful... And they are very effective between 3rd and 5th... Well better than a normal mage's anyway.
At least that is MY plan... Haven't got there yet...

Remove ads