Who wants to be a Wayfinder?

jkason

First Post
I'll admit that I actually don't have a lot of knowledge of Eberron as a setting outside of this game. I've never really read up on it, so other than action points, dragonmarks, and the custom races, I know very little about regions or cities. Since we've been off on a remote jungle island for a while now, something in a city might be an interesting switch, though really I'm up for anything. :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
. With all the lightning Midian's been throwing about, the Weather domain seems like it might be a good thematic fit.

Weather is one of Kraken's domains, although I'd be prepared to change to Air or Water (with one of the subdomains) which would still be in keeping with his theme.

Hmm, no preference for location, might be fun to put Kraken in an urban setting (Sharn).

jkason

First Post
Weather is one of Kraken's domains, although I'd be prepared to change to Air or Water (with one of the subdomains) which would still be in keeping with his theme.

Hmm, no preference for location, might be fun to put Kraken in an urban setting (Sharn).

Ack. I hadn't even realized. I just noticed that a fair number of the domain spells were spells I was already picking for Midian, and the Lightning Lord domain power seemed especially fitting since I was using Call Lightning all the time.

Dr Simon

Explorer
's probably because the only domain spell I've got at the moment is obscuring mist - not exactly the "reborn in a storm" kind of feel I had in mind for Kraken. He seems to have gone in a more metaphorical direction anyway, with the frenzy and heavy use of action points, and the PF domain powers are more than adequate to fulfill that sort of function (I'm still hoping for hurling some lightning though). As I said, Air and Water would also work. (Having gine back to some Eberron material again, it looks like Kraken unwittingly worships the Traveller from the Dark Six - Storm and Destruction!)

jkason

First Post
Anything wrong with both a having the weather domain? You could take subdomains (Seasons, Storm) to be more different.

I suppose my only real concern is too much of the same damage type. If there's a whole lot of lightning bouncing around, then two instead of one of us becomes significantly less useful in a combat with something that has or obtains electricity resistance or immunity. It occurs to me that prior to learning Call Lightning, Midian's attack spells were fairly fiery in nature (at least, I remember using produce flame / flaming sphere with decent regularity), so it wouldn't be at all out of character for him to take that domain, instead. I could just use the Avatar philosophy associating fire and lightning rather than the normal D&D equation of air and lightning ;)

I was also debating the Seasons subdomain. If we keep winding up in exotic locales, Endure Elements daily with enough uses for the whole party could come in handy, though losing a free sleet storm for blight isn't so exciting.

's probably because the only domain spell I've got at the moment is obscuring mist - not exactly the "reborn in a storm" kind of feel I had in mind for Kraken. He seems to have gone in a more metaphorical direction anyway, with the frenzy and heavy use of action points, and the PF domain powers are more than adequate to fulfill that sort of function (I'm still hoping for hurling some lightning though). As I said, Air and Water would also work. (Having gine back to some Eberron material again, it looks like Kraken unwittingly worships the Traveller from the Dark Six - Storm and Destruction!)

The Air domain 1st level power would let him hurl lightning much sooner, anyway, so that might be a good choice.

jkason

First Post
FYI: I have family coming into town and staying for the next week, so I may not be online as much. I'll try to keep up, but feel free to NPC if necessary.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases