Character Build: 7th Level Monstrous Character. Attacker/Defender

Firael

First Post
Recently I started of in a semi-high powered game. The GM told us to basicly choose whatever we found interesting or just unique races and monsters to play with. Starting level 7.
My rolls were: 16 15+1 18 14 13 10 (Not in this order).
I went for something truly unique: A Half-Dragon Doppelganger.
This gave me a total of:
+10 Str, +2Dex, +4 con, +4int, +4 wis and +4 cha. Truly nasty.
Also Thanks to the HD increasment of the Half-Dragon, my Doppelganger 4d8HD+Con Bonus were changed into 4d10HD + Con Bonus resulting in a total of 54 HP. Which isn't bad at all.

I've yet to choose my two feats. Also after we defeated the Balor during our first session, we gained a level. So if anyone has any classes or feats to recommend I'd love to hear them. I personally was thinking of Fighter or something else with good BAB, also that extra feat would be rather useful. As for spellcasters, perhaps later a level of hexblade or warmage. Other classes would'nt be that effective since I'd get level 6 spells at best when reaching level 20.
For reference final ability scores are:
STR:26, DEX: 18, CON: 22, INT: 18, Wis 17, CHA: 14

How'd you get to be a half-dragon doppelganger at 7th-level?

A doppelganger is a 4HD creature with an LA of +4, which makes him an 8th-level character to start off.

The Half-Dragon template has an LA of +3.

So, a Half-Dragon Doppelganger is the equivalent of an 11th-level character.

Firael

First Post
Ah yes, I forgot to mention that everyone started off with atleast 4HD creatures. Err, meaning that we ignore the first four racial HD. So our GM modified the setting and we don't count the HD into the LA. I mean we have a pure ogre mage. By rules he's ECL is 12, but we count him as level 8 allowing him in because he won't recieve anything this level. The campaign is just harder overall.
I hope you got my point.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases