D&D 3E/3.5 H2 Mines of Bloodstone conversion to 3.5 (For anyone who cares..)

Mystery Man

First Post
[sblock]I changed my mind. And frankly I think I'm crazy but...

I can't really find a high level published adventure that I want to run so I'm converting over the Bloodstone quartet (really trilogy since I'm skipping the first one) over to 3.5 and moving it to the Silver Marches. First because I really like it, and also because it has some cool high level encounters in there.

The bandit war was fought and won at Deadsnows and the adventurers are going to pick up where that leaves off. [/sblock]

The players will be level 16.

Names and dates need to be changed. (I'll do that internally)

Encounters will need to be updated naturally.

So, suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mystery Man

First Post
My notes only:

[sblock]Deadnows

Large village (pop. 1000) situated in the foothills of the Nether Mountains. Population has increased recently due to a big gold rush in the area. Deadsnows is part of the Confederation so it enjoys the protection of the league, but holds no seat.

Key NPC's of Deadsnows -

Lady Arletha Icespear (authority)

Observer Kerrilla Gemstar (dwarf cleric)
Ashnar the Humble (human cleric leader of morningstar watchtower)
Feldy Oakshadow (halfling druid)
Captian Mannock (human ftr, captian of the watch)

The Lady's Guard
Town watch

Arn Forest
-Regarded as Empty wilderland -rock ghome village (Graevelwood p.8 SM) to the eastern drier area leading to Anauroch.
-northwest and western Arn is wet and swampy plagued by Kobolds and several mysterious ruins dating back to old Netheril

Vordorn Forest

-dangerous and rarely explored -largely of pine and muskeg bogs, endless chill due to proximity to the Ice Mountains
called Ghostwood because of being haunted by undead
-beneath is shallow but extensive maze of caverns dating back to Illuskan
cult of sorcerers, death-priests and warriors practiced fell necromancy to a dark god but eventually died out
left store of necromantic knowledge and potent curses
- doomsphere guards crypts[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
You might get better luck in the conversions forum. It's a subforum of the Rules forum. It's a low traffic forum, but the crowd there is hard-core :)

Mystery Man

First Post
johnsemlak said:
You might get better luck in the conversions forum. It's a subforum of the Rules forum. It's a low traffic forum, but the crowd there is hard-core :)

Hey, whatever works man. :cool: If the mods need to move it, feel free.

Mystery Man

First Post

My notes only:

[sblock]The Premise:

More trouble from the Frostfell and High Ice... It is winter, snow covers much of the Silver Marches. The PC have defeated a githyanki incursion and have settled into a long winter at their keep. Many things have changed in and around the area. A small town has sprung up around the keep. Mostly due to the money geverated by the gem mine and for protection.

Recent news of the Silver Marches:

War with the bandit army led by the Witch King and the Grandfather of Assassins came from the High Ice in Anauroch. This culminated in a major pitched battle at Deadsnows with the league of Silver Marches coming together just in time to defeat the army and rout the enemy before the first snows set in. Rebuilding has begun, some insurgencies are left over and scouts are convinced that there are camps and hideouts scattered throughout the nether mountains, the Vordorn and Arn Forests. The Witch King still controls a vast portion of the east from the High Ice to Impiltur, and the grandfather of assassins has retreated to his winter holdings for now...

Rumor - Amazing gold mines in the Nether mountains, great wealth can be found there.
Rumor - battles to come, some say the war is not over and if the bandit hideouts cannot be found war will come again in the spring...
Rumor - the bandit army is a front for something sinister, a deeper evil than just conquest.

I'll probably begin by having Alustriel (since they have a good rep with her) ask them (more like charge them) to investigate the area and look for any major powers that might be hiding out. If that doesn't get them motivated, money will most definitely get them off their arses. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Mystery Man

First Post
Thanks Henry.

I'm going to be starting with H2 - The Bloodstone Mines for 16th level characters.

Edit: This is turning out to be a 15th level adventure on the low end so far. Having to add hit dice to at least make the encounters even remotely challenging for 3rd edition characters.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

First Post
Chapter I - Horror in the night section is a worg attack with a handful of Wereworgs.

Thinking about adding this template to goblin fighters - probably at least level 3, probably level 5. With the added CR, a few should at least put up a good fight against 16th level characters
From Andy Collins site:

Creating a Wereworg "Wereworg" is a lycanthropic template that can be added to any humanoid, though goblinoids are by far the most common.

Hit Dice: As character plus 5d10.
Space/Reach: 10/5
Speed: As character or 50 ft., depending on form.
AC: Natural armor increases by +4 in all forms.
Attacks: As character or bite, depending on form. Add the base worg's base attack bonus (+4) to the creature's base attack.
Damage: As character or 1d6, depending on form.
Special Attacks: As character plus trip (as worg) in worg form. Gains lycanthropic empathy and curse of lycanthropy (see MM).
Special Qualities: As character plus scent. Can shift into animal and bipedal hybrid form as standard action. Regains 1 hp/HD upon assuming new form. Gains DR 15/silver.
Saves: Add the worg's base saves (Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +1) to those of the character.
Abilities: Gains Str +6, Dex +4, Con +4 in worg or hybrid form.
Skills: A wereworg gains the following racial skill bonuses: Hide +4, Listen +8*, Move Silently +4, Search +4*, Spot +8*. It also has a +4 racial bonus to Wilderness Lore checks when tracking by scent. (These racial bonuses include the worg's normal racial bonuses.) *Increase by +4 in worg or hybrid form.
Feats: Gains Alertness, Improved Initiative, and Iron Will.
Climate/Terrain: Any forest, hills, plains, and mountains.
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (6-11).
Challenge Rating: As character +4.
Treasure: Same as character.

Alignment: Always neutral evil.
Advancement: By character class.

What do you think of this template? Good as is or do any changes need to be made?

Mystery Man

First Post
Ch. 1 - A Hard Winter

An Early Freeze

Gather information DC 10
- rains turn streets and fields to mud followed by an unseasonable freeze ruining crops of wheat and hay
- with little to feed on the wolves will make this an exceptionally dangerous winter to be cought outside at night.
- the Baron is looking for heroes to investigate the situation.

So I figure that would be enough to get things going at least. Strange weather, the towns authority figure needs heroes to investigate what is going on.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

First Post
Ch 1 - A Hard Winter

Horror in the night EL 14+

In front of monastery on initiative 0 worg attacks com1 ripping his throat out and killing him instantly

Worgs 10, Wereworgs 5

Here is a goblin barbarian Wereworg in hybrid form raging

Wereworg, Hybrid Form CR 9 Lycanthrope (Goblin,Shapechanger)
CE Medium humanoid
Init +3 Senses Listen +17Spot +12, low light vision, scent
Languages
goblin
---------------------------
AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 14; improved uncanny dodge, uncanny dodge
hp 80
DR 10/silver
Fort +12 Ref +10 Will +6
-----------------------------
Speed 50 ft.
Melee 2 claws+14 (1d4+7) and bite +10 (1d6+7)
Base Atk +14 Grp +14
Attack Options Power Attack,rage 2/day (6 rounds)
------------------------------
Abilities Str 25, Dex 20, Con 22, Int 8, Wis 10
SQ Alternate form, Damage reduction 10/silver fast movement, lycanthropic Empathy, low light vision, scent, trap sense +1,
Feats Alertness, Blind-Fight, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Power Attack
Skills Hide +11, Intimidate +4, Listen +17, Move Silently +11, Ride, +7, Search +3, Spot +12

Feel free to check for possible errors or tweaks, thanks

======================================
Inspecting the hut

Fort save DC 15 or become sickened

Knowlege planes 15 or Bardic Knowledge 25 to recognize representation of Orcus on the wall.

Spot DC 15 to notice punture marks on neck of victim.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases