[OOC] Pool of Radiance

Ferrix

Explorer
Ringmereth said:
I've played it myself for a while, and while perhaps 'broken' is a bit of an exaggeration, it's still a very powerful class. Used properly, wardings are pure gold, Kaleidoscopic Doom is a nasty trick, and it still gets a full casting progression, as well as a few other assorted goodies. The feat requisites are annoying, but not completely useless, especially if you mix it with other PrCs (Archmage, Incantatrix, etc).

Well, by similar sorts the Archmage is quite the powerful PrC too.

Ringmereth

First Post
Revised concept:

Erisis Machelar, Human Ranger 2/Wizard 2

Erisis was raised by common parents, in a common town, with a common life. His family ran an inn, and Erisis, eldest of three children, was expected to inherit the buisness when his parents became too old. The boy was fascinated by the travelers who passed through the Dalelands town and stayed in their inn. Mysterious cloaked figures, rowdy mercenaries, elderly sages, cunning (but rarely cunning enough) scam artists, and all manner of strange and intruiging characters were common sights in his home. After years of hearing tales of adventure and daring, running an inn seemed like a boring life to like forward too, indeed.

Fighting with humanoids broke out near a neighboring city, and Erisis, like the other boys in his town, joined the army. Recognizing that while his physical strength was less than ideal for a soldier, his wits and coordination would serve him well. After some brief training, he was placed in charge of a squad of archers. His skill with the bow and, moreover, his innate grasp of tactics, soon propelled him into a leadership position. He was invited to stay with the army after the short conflict, and was schooled in magic, for which he had an even greater affinity. Year passed while he honed his skill, but no conflicts arose. He decided to travel in hopes of putting his skills to use, and left the Dalelands to explore Cormyr. He found little adventure there, though he enjoyed himself nonetheless, and a year later returned home. He was devistated to learn that a trio of Cyricists had sacked his family's inn and murdered his younger sister and maimed his father. Unable to face his family, he left once again, this time for good.

Thanee

First Post
To find a character portrait, this thread over at the wizard boards might be useful.

CLICK

Googling for 'Neverwinter Nights Portraits' or 'RPG Portraits' is also helpful.

Bye
Thanee

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
In all fairness, I should offer my spot in the drawing for players to someone else, since I do remember a fair bit of the computer game - I've been thinking about it all day.

And, realistically, at this point in time I don't really have enough free time to do a character as well as the campaign would deserve.

But, if there is an alternate list, put me there with Bro' Shatterstone. :)

Thanks.
R
` E

Timothy

First Post
More fleshed out character concept.

Tsa'morram is a ghostwise halfling that had a wanderlust he could not deny. He is one of the few Ghostwise halflings that has gone out of the forest into the open. Tsa'morram adjusted quickly to the outside world, changing his name to Tom Sarram. He talks quite a lot, even for a normal halfling. But when he wants to be silent, he is silent. He is clothed in what he sees as civilised clothes, but somehow he isn't able to shake the feral appearance that he has to people that only do not know Ghostwise halflings (quite alot)

When he heard tales of a ruined city far away, his wanderlust got the best of him and he signed up immediatly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases