[OOC] Pool of Radiance

Thanee

First Post
Ringmereth said:
One other thing: isn't Greater Spell Focus a prerequisite for some PrCs, like Archmage? Would those become unavailabe, or would that feat requirement be removed or swapped for something else?

I don't know any, which requires Greater Spell Focus, Archmage surely doesn't, but if there is one, I will have to change the prerequisites to something else, so the number of feats needed is the same.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Timothy said:
Punctuation and grammar. I am not a native english speaker (or writer) but I think I can make myself understandable.

Absolutely! It's not like I'm expecting people to have an english major, or something along those lines. I just want you to be able to find keys like "shift" and "enter" and "," and "." on your keyboard. Really, there seem to be some folks out there, that do not know they exist!

It's only a very basic requirement, don't give it too much importance.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Timothy said:
As for your options, I don't like option 1, because In my experience that leads to players having secrets just because they can. The most important drawback (I'm evil, but I won't tell them until I stab them in the back) is allready taken care of, so it's no deal breaker for me.

I highly prefer if people cooperate and don't really like inter-party conflicts (other than heated arguments and the likes), so I will make sure those are avoided unless absolutely necessary, and even then will be kept at a minimum.

I do like option 2, although I've heard some pretty bad things about it here on the forums (things that other people will no doubt say in this thread sooner or later) but I would love playing a barbarian/rogue type or something.

I actually havn't heard much bad about Gestalt being use in a sensible manner. Of course, there are plenty possibilities to abuse the system, but most of them are already taken care of by removing multiclassing and prestige classes from the mix.

All: As for the two options, please make sure you have your opinion to each of them (they are not mutually exclusive) posted, unless you don't have an opinion, that is. If you don't post anything, I will just treat it as undecided, so if you mean to say no, then please do so. Thank you! :)

Bye
Thanee

Mista Collins

First Post
I am interested. Either option works for me. Going for human druid. Or if it is gestalt, probably a druid/something that goes with druid. He would be nature's warrior in either case.

Bront

The man with the probe
Temptiong. I realy don't know much about FR tough (Beyond playing the old 1Ed Pool of Radiance games and Neverwinter Nights on the PC), will that be a big problem?

I've been pondering a sorcerer for a while, and i like your Sorcerer mods. I could also have fun with a fighter (Or perhaps a fighter/Sorcerer) of the archer type (Archery is fun). I haven't done a Barb in a while either, a Barb something could be fun. I'll come up with something interesting.

Ferrix

Explorer
Yay Thanee!

Alright, now that that is out of the way. I've been itching for new games since a bunch have gone on hold or dropped off the map lately, and this one looks excellent.

My opinions on the two options: I like them both personally, although going gestalt without multiclassing and PrC's could be a tiny bit frustrating for some class combinations. One way Karl Green dealt with this was allowed characters to pick up some PrC abilities with feats, but only at the minimum level a non-gestalt character would normally be able to achieve them.

For a character... that would depend on whether the gestalt option is chosen or not... although if gestalt is picked up, I think an elf Monk-Druid, or a gnome illusionist-rogue.

If gestalt wasn't chosen, that'd be a bit more thought to the whole thing... probably a gnomish illusionist.

I'm going to be incredibly busy this weekend, however, following this I'll be more available to get up a decent character background. Let me know on the gestalt/non-gestalt thing and you'll get a character background. Good to see you running a game.

Thanee

First Post
Bront said:
Temptiong. I realy don't know much about FR tough (Beyond playing the old 1Ed Pool of Radiance games and Neverwinter Nights on the PC), will that be a big problem?

The primary problem would probably be, that if you played the old PoR game, you would know the story already, and while it surely was quite a while ago, memory might catch up once you hear a few specific names.

Bye
Thanee

Bront

The man with the probe
It was almost 20 years ago, I wasn't 10 yet, and I simply went by the clue book, so that probably isn't a problem (I mostly remember it as a dungeon crawl game with no real plot, so remembering it is probably not a problem).

But if you don't feel comfortable, that's fine.

Edit, ok, so it was slightly more recient, but I was 13 at the oldest.

Thanee

First Post
Ok. I suppose you won't be aware of the plot then (yes, there actually was one ;)).

This here will have more of a plot development, than the CRPG, of course. :)

Bye
Thanee

Bront

The man with the probe
Yeah, it was kind of hard RPing between the party when I was the party.

I remember the trick to those games was to have a Ranger dual-class into a MU once he got to cast MU spells so he could cast in armor (Only way you could in the game).

When I get home, I'll beat togeather a few gestalt concepts and see which ones I like in the end.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases