[OOC] Pool of Radiance

Krug

Newshound
Well I'd say yes to option 2, which would make things really interesting. Yes to option 1, to keep things interesting.

Thinking of a guy who's a swashbuckler sort... hmm...

Voadam

Legend
Thanee said:
Alright... then let's see what my d20 comes up with... 15, 3, 5, 17, 8.

• hafrogman
  • Krug
  • Mista Collins
  • Scotley
  • Voadam
Congratulations and thanks to everyone for your interest! :)

Woohoo!

Now, let's get on with the character creation.

First, let's recap what options you guys prefer.

hafrogman - 1) maybe? 2) maybe?
Krug - 1) N/A 2) N/A
Mista Collins - 1) maybe? 2) maybe?
Scotley - 1) Yes 2) Yes
Voadam - 1) No 2) Yes

Hmm... now what to make out of this? From here it looks like we would use both of them, but I guess it's best to ask you again for a definite decision, so please give me a reply to see, that you have read this and include 'Yes', 'No' or 'abstain' for both options 1) and 2).

No, and Yes again, though the first is not rabidly so.

A few follow up questions.

Are you running gestalt to be no mulitclassing and or no prestige classes?

Would LA interact with both class tracks or just one (i.e sorc 1 pal2 la +1 aasimar 1)?

Mista Collins

First Post
Thanee said:
@Mista Collins: Mielikki followers often are druid/rangers, maybe that would work well for your nature's warrior. They even have a few benefits with armor and their spiritual oath (all ranger armor allowed).

I even thought druid/fighter, focusing more on the fighter part and using the druid spells to help boost his ability. But I am always open to suggestions. Where would I find information on Mielikki followers?

P.S. I like your d20 you rolled ;)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Lucky Number 3! Woohoo =)

I'd like to thank the academy, my parents, and all the little people I stepped on to get here today!

okay. I have read your post, Thanee.

1) Abstain
2) Yes

Kylest Soulstone

Dwarven Fighter/Scout

When Kylest was still a stripling, his father journeyed far and wide as a trader. Although they rarely saw each other, Kylest's father was still very important to the young dwarf. Then one day, his father did not return when expected. He and his mother waited, then waited some more. Finally news reached them of the destruction of Phlan, the town Kylest's father had been visiting. The clan took it upon itself to raise the child of their fallen brother. However, Kylest could never forget his father, the memories of childhood blended with fantasy in his mind. When word came of the attempts to retake Phlan, he knew that he had to go there. He didn't know how or why, but he knew he had to travel into the city and find some sign of his father. Stand where his father stood and shout defiance at those who had inherited the city. He would reclaim Phlan and make his father proud.

two portraits. . . one where you can still actually see some detail, and one small enough that it could be used in the map.

Attachments

• kylest1.jpg
    kylest1.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 90
  • kylest2.jpg
    kylest2.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 141

Pyrex

First Post
Thanee said:
One thing I had thought about, that you could level in a prestige class instead of your FULL Gestalt progression (i.e. only one class then for those levels). That might be a fair approach.

I did this in the gestalt game I ran for a while and given how much easer being gestalt made qualifying for a PrC it came out amazingly balanced. You might also still require being 5th level before taking a PrC though.

Thanee

First Post
Thank you! :)

Okay, with a resounding yes for the Gestalt option (5/5) and only Voadam being opposed to the secret sheets, but not rabidly so ;), with hafrogman abstaining (3/4), we will be using both options. If the first option turns out to be problematic, which I really don't think it will, we can still switch it off later.

I will still make sheets for everyone to see, they will just feature much more general descriptions, where the character is described, but not mechanically detailed.

@Mista Collins: The Mielikki stuff is found in the FRCS, in the beginning chapter under the class description for druids. And I suppose Mielikki is also described in detail in the back where all the major deities are, otherwise in Faiths and Pantheons. Of course, you can choose what you want to do, it's just an idea.

About Gestalt and LA/PrC:

Still open to suggestions, but I think the following should work, and be a little more open than my initial proposal...

- LA replaces the full Gestalt progression for one level, but you can buy it off later (per UA rules (UA pg. 18)).
- One PrC can be chosen, but it will likewise replace the full Gestalt progression. In some cases (let me know in advance, if you plan for a PrC, so I can look it up) I will have to add a minimum ECL requirement to enter the class, or even add additional prerequisites. Most PrC should not be a problem, since they have some prerequisites based directly on the character level, anyways (BAB, skill ranks, spell levels, etc), but others do this by using certain class abilities from multiple classes, which under the Gestalt rules would be easier to obtain than it should be.
- No other form of multiclassing is permitted. You can switch between your Gestalt progression (the two initial classes) and the PrC freely, however.

Does that work for you?

Bye
Thanee

P.S. I have posted some posting guidelines, where I also detailed some technical stuff, how I want to run the game, in the first post. I will also added a 'What to do now?' section there now...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases