+ Log in or register to post
Results 11 to 20 of 1717
Thread: [OOC] Pool of Radiance
Friday, 12th August, 2005, 12:12 AM #1
Guide (Lvl 11)
[OOC] Pool of RadianceFree New Phlan!
The New Phlan City Council is leading the fight to free their captive city. Heroes are retaking the city block by block from the evil hordes.
Riches & Fame!
The council is looking for soldiers and rogues, mages and clerics, heroes of all kinds, to come to New Phlan. The wealth and land of an ancient city await those willing to reach out and take it.
Legends will be written about the heroic struggle to free New Phlan! Ships to New Phlan depart twice monthly. When you arrive, see the New Phlan City Council for the latest news and information.
Make your Fortune in New Phlan!
The year is 1348 DR.
Young adventurers journey to the ancient trading outpost on the north shore of the Moonsea, situated in the river mouth of the Stojanow, in search for riches, fame and glory. The ruined city, destroyed by a horde of savage humanoids led into battle by a flight of dragons half a century ago, is about to be rebuilt once more. Before this can happen, however, Phlan must be retaken; many of the horde had settled in the ruins since then.
I'm starting a new D&D3.5 PbP campaign based on the AD&D adventure campaign 'Ruins of Adventure' (which tells the story of the CRPG 'Pool of Radiance', the first in the 'gold box series' from 1988). I will use the adventure book as a guideline for the story mostly.
I'm looking for a total of five players, who will take on the roles of young adventurers out to prove themselves, or whatever other reason brings them to New Phlan. I will not choose players on a first come first serve basis, but rather decide arbitrarily or randomly to give everyone a fair chance, despite different time zones, etc.
There are a few requirements, which I hope you all will be able to fulfill.
There are a also few options concerning character creation, which I would like to hear your input about before deciding which route to take. These options will not be individual to each player, but rather be determined upon as general rules for this campaign. Please include your preferance to the following options in your reply (a simple yes or no will be sufficient for each option, but feel free to explain your opinion, if you want to). If you feel strongly about a particular option (i.e. you wouldn't want to play the other way), please include this as well. Thank you!
Alright... now you surely want to know a few more details.
- Earmy "the spider", human rogue|wizard (Scott DeWar)
- Eldwyn Billbuckle, strongheart halfling bard|cleric (Scotley)
- Rover, Eldwyn's riding dog Eldwyn mounted
- Emagor Rilliance, human fighter|wizard (Leif)
- Professor Schnickschnack Schabernack, whisper gnome archivist|rogue (Malachei)
- Eliath, moon elf fighter|rogue (HolyMan)
- Elrohas Nenmacil, sun elf duskblade|cleric (Nac Mac Feegle; NPC)
- Grynth, orc barbarian|ranger (Tailspinner; NPC)
- Kylest Soulstone, shield dwarf fighter|scout (hafrogman; NPC)
- Selvaggio, human druid|ranger (Mista Collins; NPC)
- Intrepido, Selvaggio's wolf companion
- Storm, human fighter|ranger (renau1g; NPC)
- Thunder, human barbarian|favored soul (Branding Opportunity; NPC)
- Aylor Creegan, shield dwarf monk|fighter (Bloodweaver1; NPC)
- Sir Dryw Domiel, half-elf knight|druidic avenger (Mark Chance; NPC)
- Kordunn Asteroth, gold dwarf paladin|sorcerer (Voadam; NPC)
- Oog, goblin rogue|warlock (Krug; NPC) - disguised as Elmus, halfling gourmet
What to do now?
[IC1] Prologue - Setting Sail
[IC1] First Chapter - Valhingen Graveyard
[IC1] Second Chapter - Missing Brother (Kuto's Well)
[IC1] Third Chapter - Reconquest of Sokol Keep
[IC1] Fourth Chapter - Temple of Bane
[IC1] Fifth Chapter - The Rescue of Amber (Podol Plaza)
[IC1] Sixth Chapter - Mantor's Library
[IC2] Sixth Chapter - Mantor's Library (continued)
[IC2] Seventh Chapter - Barren River
[COMBAT] Combat Declarations
[INFO] Campaign Information
[RG] Rogues Gallery
Last edited by Thanee; Thursday, 12th January, 2012 at 01:27 PM.
By Thanee in forum Playing the GameReplies: 884Last Post: Saturday, 13th October, 2012, 12:26 AM
By Jeremy in forum Story HourReplies: 15Last Post: Friday, 31st December, 2010, 09:36 PM
By Thanee in forum Playing the GameReplies: 1018Last Post: Sunday, 11th January, 2009, 08:02 PM
By Thanee in forum Character Builds & OptimizationReplies: 0Last Post: Sunday, 28th August, 2005, 11:30 PM
By hammymchamham in forum General Tabletop Gaming DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: Thursday, 26th September, 2002, 04:39 AM