[OOC] Pool of Radiance

Rino

First Post
i surew would like to play.

posting once a day will be a good for the game and i can do it.
i'm also not native enlgish speaker but my english isnlt that bad that you cant understand me.

put me in for option 2. never played it and it looks fun.
i think of making a socercer/fighter

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Gestalt would be my preferred option (Rystil has spoiled me :D ).

Character wise I'd be looking to play an Aasimar who worships Ilmater either as a Monk/Sorcerer or a Paladin/Favored Soul (scrap secondary classes for a non-gestalt game).

Left at the gates of a Damaran abbey (either the Monastery of the Yellow Rose or the Order of the Golden Cup depending on the character) as a baby, Mival was raised and named by followers of Ilmater.

Upon the completion of his training, as he was about to head out into the world, the head of the order passed on to him the only item that was found with him...part of a family crest and the information that they had found about it, that it is somehow involved with the city of Phlan. Having recently heard the call to arms from Phlan he has gone to confront the evil hordes in the name of Ilmater, and possibly to investigate his own past.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm interested as well. I would prefer option II, but it doesn't matter either way. I'd most likely go with an arcane spellcaster of some kind or a fighter sorceror in gestalt.

I'd like to play a drow once and this might work - but I don't remember the LA cost. Also, it would depend on whether we could buy down the LA during play. Either way I'm going with an archer type for concept (not Zykovian, but I'm back to that concept again in my rotation)

Otherwise, it's a human I will be. :)

Keia

Last edited:

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
Cool. Ahh, PoR. Great fun. I played most of it back in the day. There was a plot? :)

I'd love to play, but am drawing a blank as to a character at the moment.

Do you have / would you allow stuff from Draconomicon?

Thanks

R
` E

Scotley

Hero
Thanee,

I'd like to get in on this one. I can meet the posting requirements. The biggest challenge for me will be the picture, but I'm sure I can find something. I like both the secret option and the gestalt option. Since we seem to have a rash of fighter/sorcerer types, I'll go with a Priest type, maybe with some rogue or scout thrown in if you choose the gestalt option, since I didn't see anyone filling that role. I'm not sure about race yet. I have not played the adventures you plan to use and while I have several books, I'm not a Forgotten Realms expert, so I'll do some reading to come up with a good background.

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Raging Epistaxis said:
There was a plot?

Well, I'm not entirely sure how it was in the CRPG, altho the general plot was surely there, it was probably not very elaborate; the adventure journal that came with the game has a lot of background information, tho. I guess you never looked at it when playing. There certainly is a plot in the campaign and in the novel, too. :)

The fun story about the novel is... when I started my first online game with this campaign (this here would be the second), at some point when I was looking through my old stuff to find a book I might read on holiday, I found the PoR novel... never knew I actually had that :heh:, I probably bought it for really cheap, just because it has AD&D printed on it and then put it into a corner and never looked at it until then... funny coincidence. :D

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
As for the options... at this point I'm still undecided about 1), but 2) is most likely being used, considering, that most of you would prefer it and there hasn't been a whole lot of negatives.

Bye
Thanee

GlassJaw

Hero
Is this game full? I've been meaning to give the whole PbP thing a try and I'm a huge fan of the old gold-box Pool of Radiance game (which I think I finished IIRC).

If there is a spot available, I would like to play (most likely a dwarven ex-miner rogue heading towards Dungeon Delver).

As far as the options go, I'd probably prefer neither. If I had to choose, I'd go with Option 1 - that might be fun. I don't have much experience with gestalt characters and from what I've heard, it doesn't interest me that much.

Voadam

Legend
I'm interested,

I am familiar with a lot of old FR and the 3.0 CS and magic of faerun but never played and am not familiar with the computer game or the module you referred to.

For options I would prefer open character sheets simply because it is more convenient to reference a rogue gallery thread that the gm can link to from the ooc or ptg thread's first post.

Gestalt is cool and fun.

Character concept to start would be a sorcerer mixed with something, race and background to be determined.

Is harper mage from the CS an option? I like the harpers and the class a bunch.

How do you handle paladins and their code? Do you expect paladins to be exemplars of strict honor and shining goodness or are you fine with whatever as long as the character is basically a good guy?

And any feats for casting in armor?

Pyrex

First Post
Just when I think I'm involved in enough PbP games you go and post something like this and make me want to add another. :)

I'm definately interested. I'm leaning towards a dark and moody (but not [Evil]) Warlock.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases