[OOC] Pool of Radiance

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I would be interested but it looks like this is way over booked... :)

Alternate please. :)

Oh yeah and I played the computer game way back in the day... Not sure if that means I'm familiar with it though. : lol:

Endur

First Post
Played Pool of Radiance and remember the plot ... check
Own the Ruins of Adventure module and read it and gm'd it ... check
Read the series of Novels based on the CRPG ... check
Played the CRGP sequels to Pool of Radiance ... check

hmmm.... Does this mean I can't play?

Scotley

Hero
Eldwyn Billbuckle

Assuming you go with the Gestalt option I would like to play a Strongheart Halfling Cleric of Urogalen/Bard--sort of a dirge singer type. He came to New Phlan to investigate the discovery of some halfling graves that were found during construction. He wanted to be sure the dead are properly protected. Maybe that involved moving the graves, maybe they weren't halflings at all or maybe you can tie it into the plot somehow.

Ringmereth

First Post
Thanee said:
I don't know any, which requires Greater Spell Focus, Archmage surely doesn't, but if there is one, I will have to change the prerequisites to something else, so the number of feats needed is the same.

Bye
Thanee

Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil (which is admittedly broken) requires Greater Spell Focus (abjuration). I knew there was one out there...

Also, thanks for clearing up your ability point system. I like it quite a bit.

Thanee

First Post
Endur said:
Played Pool of Radiance and remember the plot ... check
Own the Ruins of Adventure module and read it and gm'd it ... check
Read the series of Novels based on the CRPG ... check
Played the CRGP sequels to Pool of Radiance ... check

hmmm.... Does this mean I can't play?

Sorry! :D

Bye
Thanee

Ringmereth

First Post
Ferrix said:
Really? Has it broken one of your games? If not, calling it broken is a bit presumptuous.

I've played it myself for a while, and while perhaps 'broken' is a bit of an exaggeration, it's still a very powerful class. Used properly, wardings are pure gold, Kaleidoscopic Doom is a nasty trick, and it still gets a full casting progression, as well as a few other assorted goodies. The feat requisites are annoying, but not completely useless, especially if you mix it with other PrCs (Archmage, Incantatrix, etc).

Thanee

First Post
I suppose we have more than enough potential players by now...

Originally, I had thought to leave the recruitment open til tuesday, but it seems reasonable to close it much sooner, given the number of responses already. :eek:

01 Ringmereth
02 khavren
03 hafrogman
04 Timothy
05 Krug
06 silentspace
07 Kohbiel
08 Mista Collins
09 Bront
10 Ferrix
11 Rino
12 unleashed
13 Keia
14 Raging Epistaxis
15 Scotley
16 GlassJaw
17 Voadam
18 Pyrex
19 Brother Shatterstone
20 Seonaid

Because 20 seems like a really fitting number, I'll wait for one last person to apply, and after that the recruitment is closed and I will randomly draw the players to get on the ship to New Phlan. If alternates will be needed, I don't hope so, but you never know, everyone else will have first dibs on a spot then.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
I'm thinking of a halfling druid/monk, or possibly druid/scout.

Edit, yeah, I'm gonna be a strongheart halfling druid/monk. Taking 1st level druid substitution level from Races of the Wild. Monk feats will be stunning fist and combat reflexes. Riding a wolf, Pumba Littletoes hails from the Western Heartlands (and has the regional feat Luck of Heroes). Regional equipment is a chain shirt, which he sells ;)

He's a distant cousin of Pumbar Littletoes, from a game here that died...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases