[OOC] Pool of Radiance

Voadam

Legend
Thanee said:
And since I wouldn't know what Voadam should have against another party member joining in,

I keep that close to the vest.

Just kidding, I'm having fun in renau1g's Red Hand of Doom game and I don't object to him joining this one.

Thanee

First Post
Updated various Info posts (only need to hunt down the post with the items from Dirtan's treasure from the temple, that you received, and put them up there). Hopefully I will soon manage to update the sheets (finally) as well, then pretty much everything should be up to speed. :)

Bye
Thanee

renau1g

First Post
You can delete your e-mail as soon as you'd like Thanee. Thanks for the acceptance, I'll try to get something together shortly... my mind is racing at the possibilities. The bases seem to be covered, so I might make a druid (as the primary healer is covered).... with maybe wizard (to cover off the utility spells that Kordunn can't), but I can't think of a great reason for those two to be together. I was considering a ranged character, maybe I'll go with an elven fighter/wizard (generalist), going into arcane archer. That would be a much better character fit.

Thanee

First Post
Take your time. :)

I think I disallowed two full casting classes being combined, though I'm actually not entirely sure, since it was so long ago we started the campaign. ;)

Also, be sure to realize that when you want to learn a prestige class, it will take up BOTH sides of the Gestalt (essentially making you a regular character for those levels; you can still alternate, but Gestalt only with the two base classes you chose).

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
When you have decided on a concept, it's best you e-mail me your PB stats (28pts) first, because you will get some random increases to your ability scores (see the spoiler text under Character Creation->Ability Scores in opening post of this thread). I will get back to you as fast as I can with the final stats for your starting character, which can then be increased for reaching 4th level (and beyond). This increase is also slightly different, since it is done with the extrapolated PB system (4pts; every increase beyond 18 is 4pts) instead of one single, flat increase (allowing multiple lower scores to be raised instead of a single, high one).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)

Bye
Thanee

renau1g

First Post
I was thinking about it myself and I'm thinking that having access to either all the spells in the game (or most of them) with a divine/arcane character is much more powerful than having either of them add any of the other classes to their abilities.

It sort of limits super-powered gestalts, I think, not trying to speak for Thanee.

Speaking of Thanee, is the PHB2 considered core by you? I know some people do & others don't.

Thanee

First Post
PHB2 falls under the following...

"I will also allow other WotC sources (i.e. Unearthed Arcana), as long as I have them, on a case by case basis."

So... it depends, but generally it's probably ok.

And no, it's not a Core book to me (besides, I wrote "three Core books" ;)).

Why no dual-full-casters? It mostly just seems wrong to me. Not sure, if it is really more powerful (even though I am firmly in the camp that the full casters are the most powerful classes, except during the very early levels), than, say, a Warlock|Rogue or other combination with good synergy, but it doesn't quite fit the picture of more spread-out generalist characters, I was aiming at with the rules.

Bye
Thanee

Remove ads