M3: Tenebrynn and Ashnar (Patlin judging)

Manzanita

First Post
This thread is for Tenebrynn while he is traveling alone. Other players in M3, please avoid reading this.

Tenebrynn rides his horse down a gentle slope, past numerous ripe fields, into the small town. He can see, to the west, silohetted against the sea, a tower jutting out into the sky from a small rocky island. To the East a small castle tops a small hill on the edge of town. The town itself consists of several dozen small buildings scattered leisurly amidst vegitable patches and trees, along a handful of dirt roads. The Inn is quickly spotted, being near the edge of town on the road north to Monemvassia. It is a single story structure, with a stone foundation, and wooden upperworks. In front, a large green sign reads: “House of Abraham. Food, lodging and Ale.” In the center is a picture of a smiling bearded man holding a tankard. The grounds around the inn contain a large red barn, corral for horses, a tool shed and a garden. A number of trees and bushes grow in the area.

Entering, the 25 foot square room is lit by four large candle chandeliers. Candles also burn by the four booths and the large table in the southwest. Near the center of the room are four tables with four chairs each. Beyond the tables stands a bar with six stools.
The south wall holds four booths with tall partitions that go to the ceiling. Each booth can hold four characters comfortably. In the southwest corner is a large round table with eight chairs around it. There is a door behind the bar, a door next to the last booth and a pair of swinging doors on the north wall.

At the bar sit an elven man and a human woman.

At a circular table sit 5 people. Two armed and armored humans. One armed and armored half orc. One human woman wearing wizard robes, and one nicely dressed human male, with a pencil moustache, and a broadsword.

At a square table sit two men. One is short and wears a sword. The other may be a Halfling, beardless dwarf, or human midget. It’s hard to tell. He wears leather armor and a sword.

Behind the bar stands a man with a waxed mustache in a red vest under an apron. There is also a bearded man with a long black pony tail cleaning glasses. Two young men dash around bringing food and drinks.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn wanders up to the bar and sits down at one of the empty stools, "What a day, what a day." He says nonchalantly. "Barkeep I need an ale after that trek." Then turning to the others at the bar he says, "Some day this has been eh?"

Manzanita

First Post
The man with the black pony tale puts down his cloth and presents Tenebrynn with a fresh glass of ale. Everyone at the bar takes some interest in the newcomer. The men at the round table seem to be gambling, but the woman turns and stares.

The elf at the bar looks bleary eyed, and his shirt is stained with beer. "What a day indeed. Just like every other day."

The woman at the bar is middle aged. Both she and the elf are dressed in the many-pocketed robes of a wizard. "Say, are you a wizard too, stranger?" she asks.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes, indeed I am, a diviner by trade. You two wizards as well?" Tenebrynn replies trying to fit in as best he can and befriend those in the bar a quickly as he can.

Manzanita

First Post
"Yes. Lots of wizards around here. Three Rings was founded by a wizard and the trade has been passed down." the woman answers. Tenebrynn notices that the elf wizard is missing three fingers on his left hand and has a nasty old scar across the left side of his face. He slugs down another drink.

"Lot of good being a wizard does you." he says.

"Oh, get off it, Ollie. Better than farming!" the woman laughs. "So what brings you to Three Rings, stranger? My name's Beshcar."

Tenebrynn notices that the redvested man behind the counter and approached and is listening. Not evesdropping, really, but smiling, ready to join the conversation.

Spot check DC 15: [sblock]The buttons on his red vest seem to match the button found on the murder scene.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
"Well, I'm an archivist at the Orussus library and I have come to Three Rings and Monemvassia looking for arcane texts that we might be looking to add to our collection. " Tenebrynn replies, very glad that it seems wizards are common here as it means it will be easy for him to fit in.

"Greetings Beshcar, Ollie. I am Tenebrynn Glimmersight." he nods, looking from magister to farmer. As he moves his head slowly he notes the redvested man and his distinctive buttons. That was fast, a lead already. he thinks to himself. Gotta take things slowly, but I will have to ingratiate myself to him.

Manzanita

First Post
"Arcane texts, eh?" says the red-vested man. "Do you think we have any of those around here?" he asks Ollie and Beshcar.

Beshcar shakes her head. "Oh, nothing valuable, except maybe on the island. Does Phillip have a library? He must. Illustrious ancesters he has. But it would cost top-dollar, I'd think. Anything in particular you're looking for?"

For metagaming purposes, I'd like to either have Tenebrynn ask about a room for the night, or, assume half an hour passes in small talk and discussion of arcane texts.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Nothing in particular, though divination is my specialty. The library is experiencing a boom and we want to expand in any way we can really." he replies.

Metagaming: small talk for half an hour is fine, just hoping that he has managed to keep the red-vested man's ear for the whole time. I know its not long, but if any of them are antagonistic towards the other two groups, then I want to make sure that I am on the side of the current tavern patrons.

Manzanita

First Post
The two wizards are fairly friendly, with each other and with the red-vested man, who introduced himself, by reaching his hand over the counter to shake.

"Hi. I'm Abraham, the proprieter here. Welcome to Three Rings. I'm very happy to have someone from a metropolitan city like Orussus here. And the library is even interested in our little town? That's real nice. What's your name, sir?"

Glancing over his shoulder, Tenebrynn notices Nurlan and Mordik enter, followed by a man in tattered clothes. "Musicians!" he shouts, "here to entertain us!"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases