I have finally arrived (as DM)

ForceUser

Explorer
So there they were, swarmed by stirges sucking the lifeblood out of them. The party scout, in a foolish bid to lighten the cavern so he could see the number and disposition of creatures they faced, fired an arrow with the light spell cast upon it into the thick of the nesting stirges. When the horde descended, the characters cursed him and the players laughed.

In the middle of the fight, with half the party at half-Constitution and attached to multiple stirges each, the rogue's player turns to me, points, laughs, and says "Man, you're a rat bastard DM!"

I don't think I've ever had a more rewarding moment in D&D. It's nice to be recognized and appreciated for your efforts. :cool:

Hjorimir

Adventurer
Congratulations, ForceUser! You know, now that I think about it, you and Vymair are the tougher DMs in our little circle. Your player calls you a Rat-Bastard and one of Vymair's was screaming, "We are going to die!"

I never get such responces from you guys. I guess I'll have to turn it up a notch and quit being such a pushover.

the Jester

Legend
Nicely done.

The beauty of stirges is that they remain a threat even at high levels. Why, I threatened an epic party with 'em once! (Granted, there were thousands of them and they were templated to have breath weapons, but still!)

HiLiphNY

Explorer
Yeah. . . gotta love it. In our Arcana Evolved campaign, I'm running the poor chumps through a tweaked version of the 1st ed. Tomb of Horrors. Let's see, several of them have already had their gender switched, and now all of them made the mistake of going through the portal where all your non-living items are teleported to one place, with the now fully-naked party members teleported to antoher.

MAN, I LOVE THIS JOB!

Mista Collins

First Post
the Jester said:
Nicely done.

The beauty of stirges is that they remain a threat even at high levels. Why, I threatened an epic party with 'em once! (Granted, there were thousands of them and they were templated to have breath weapons, but still!)

breath weapons?!
stirges?!
you are a RBDM!

Someone

Adventurer
It´s difficult for me to reach the rank of rat bastard, since the term doesn´t have a direct translation in spanish, but once the halfing rogue was carefully treading on a very fragile cave floor. It collapsed under his weight, and he asked if he could make a save to grab on the edges.

"Sure" I said.

So he succeeds, and the floor of course breaks under his hands, too. One of the other players then (in a friendly way) called me a "cabrón", wich is the closest translation to the word "bastard" used as insult.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases