A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 132 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1314
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832

    ° Ignore Patlin

    A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

    Emerging from the Red Dragon Inn, having obtained directions from Joe, the adventurers prepare for a long journey to the north, beyond the mountains and to the lake in which their Merfolk employers reside.
    Last edited by Patlin; Sunday, 11th February, 2007 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Many thanks to El Jefe for agreeing to Judge!
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

 

  • #2

    El Jefe Judging

    You now have a judge.
    Living EN World
    Currently playing
    Oirhandir in Once Upon a Rheim,
    Boog Sammas in Blood of The Werewolf
    and DMing The Stuff of Dreams

    Living Superheroes
    Playing Avatar in The Antiques Roadshow

    Living Eberron
    Playing Shoot in Head of the class

    The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

  • #3
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Dalamar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,777

    ° Ignore Dalamar
    Zack Grimm waits for the others that took on the job at the northern edge of Orussus. He is sharpening the blade of his scythe with a whetstone, not a sign of impatience in him.

  • #4
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    ° Ignore Manzanita

    Ignatious O'Reilly

    "I have a pony, which can carry me, and perhaps a little extra equipment." Iggy fetches his pony from Joe's stables. Then, from the safety of Sara's shadow, he approaches Zach Grimm.

    "Nice, um, pointy thing you've got there. Sure to be useful if we get in a fight. I'm a divinor myself. I try to leave the fighting to Sara here. Nice to meet, you, though, Mr. Grimm."
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #5
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Dalamar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,777

    ° Ignore Dalamar
    Stopping the whetstone for a moment, Zack looks over the wizard and warrior. Nodding, he goes back to tending to his scythe.
    "Nice to meet you."

  • #6
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Xael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Rovaniemi, Finland
    Posts
    2,471

    ° Ignore Xael

    Ducane Grimm, Human Fighter 1

    Ducane follows up, giving a slight nod to his companions. "Hi, nice to meet you. Never mind Zack, he's naturally creepy.", he says.
    --Xael "Blackrobe" Xorlarrin
    LEW characters: Almayce, Nezrak Duskstar, Ducane Grimm.

  • #7
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    Steve Jung's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North Brunswick
    Posts
    3,485

    ° Ignore Steve Jung
    My communities:

    Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

    Charlarn leaves for the temple and drops off his notes on his recent adventures. He meets with the administrator. "Windwalker Cocer, here are my notes on Monemvassia. I hope they will be informative."

    The older cleric responds, "I'll read them with great interest, Zephyr Charlarn. You look as though you're ready to take the road again."

    "I am. Some merfolk to the north have asked for help. The party responding to their call have no priest with them, so I volunteered. I know some of them from previous trips."

    Cocer says, "The road calls to us all. May the wind be at your back and the Searcher guide your journey."

    "Thank you, Windwalker." Charlarn goes back to his room at the Red Dragon and changes from his robes to his chain shirt. He folds the vestments and places them into his pack. hefting his pack onto his back, he heads outside to meet the others.

    OOC: I'll be at GenCon until Monday. Manzanita, could you NPC Charlarn until then, please? Thanks.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Kahuna Burger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    4,884

    ° Ignore Kahuna Burger

    Sara, gregarious human fighter

    Quote Originally Posted by Xael
    Ducane follows up, giving a slight nod to his companions. "Hi, nice to meet you. Never mind Zack, he's naturally creepy.", he says.
    "creepy?" Sara grins at Zack. "Nothing creepy about keeping your gear in working order, you have to be proud of your tools, eh? Have you seen my new swords?" She quickdraws two impressivly made and ballanced blades, and spins them about in a quick weapons drill, enhanced by the twirling silk ribbons attached to the hilts. "Now creepy is waking up and finding two of your friend. Did Iggy ever tell you that story, Charlarn?" She sheaths the swords and launches happily into the tale. "We were staying at this inn in a weird sort of underwater city and I wake up in the middle of the night and there's two different Iggys there, totally identical! Now first thought - bonus!" She gives a wink and grin designed to make the halfling blush to his roots, "But then it turns out they wanted to kill each other, so not so good...."
    I understand, comprehend, get, grok, and see your point. I can take, handle, cope and deal with the way you run your game. The reasons I disagree with you and/or dislike your playstyle preference lie elsewhereů

  • #9
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    ° Ignore Manzanita

    Ignatious

    Ignatious blushes and smiles. He's getting more used to Sara's offcolor comments, and doesn't turn as red as he used to. "Yes, dopplegangers. Can assume any form, and read their victim's minds, so they can affect their personalities. You never know who to trust when they're around." Iggy pauses, and glances around with consternation.

    "But surely none around here. In any case, let's be off!"
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #10
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Patlin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    7,832

    ° Ignore Patlin
    Heading out of Orussus, the party initially has a peacefull ride across the countryside. Bandit problems, which had plagueed the area repeatedly, have been violently suppressed and the roads have been rendered safe for travelers and merchants alike. It may only be a matter of time until new highwaymen rise up on the roads north of Orussus, or until the bandits rumored to operate to the east expand their opperation, but for now you reap the benefits of the law and order as you travel for an extended period without interruption.

    There is a pass through the Northern mountains coloqulially known as "Big/Little Pass" which comes out near the city state of Andren, which is nearly due north of Orosus. There are many smaller villages in the hills around andren, including a now largely non existant one named RedOak.

    [ooc: I'm stealing this last paragraph verbatim from here. Originating from KB, as it happens.]

    Once you enter the pass, the going will likely get harder. Each of you spend 1 gold on various provisions, both for the trail and at the occasional roadside inn. you may also want to get some extra provisions before heading into the mountain. At the moment, you are in a rather unremarkable small town, where the proprietor of the general store has informed you he can offer a last opportunity to stock up on food and everyday items before venturing into the mountains.
    PbP details Invisible Castle Dice Rolling LEW DM LEB DM
    LEW PCs: Ironwolf Banion Tor LEW PCs: Anvuss Rionus el'Aundair T'Ranis

    "Daddy's teaching me to play D&D. I am his 'young apprentice.'" Brielle Patlin, 7 years old, 3/9/08.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 132 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Rich beyond dreams (El Jefe Judging)
      By BigB in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 692
      Last Post: Wednesday, 2nd January, 2008, 01:31 PM
    2. Stolen Goods (El Jefe judging)
      By wmasters in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 190
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:13 PM
    3. D1: Ashin's Commission (El Jefe judging)
      By doghead in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 1254
      Last Post: Thursday, 22nd March, 2007, 01:12 PM
    4. Replies: 166
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th March, 2007, 12:26 AM
    5. HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)
      By HugeOgre in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 202
      Last Post: Thursday, 24th August, 2006, 04:02 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •