A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Patlin

Explorer
"Oh, these are genuine heroes, Ma'am!" A young man assures Opale. "They saved us from a massive attack by stonebird men right here in this very courtyard. Cut them all into pebbles, oh yes they did!"

Patlin

Explorer
"They are, or were, big flying bad tempered statues that would kill anyone they could catch as slowly as possible. We're real glad they aren't around here any more."

Velmont

First Post
"Gargoyles?" says Opale, not sure if these creature could be met in such far village. "There they are, the heroes." she tells, when she see the group coming toward the crowd. She stays behind the crowd while they welcome there heroes.

No need to rush things.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus nods smugly at the news of stonebird men. "See, stonebird men is not a long shot from flying monkeys."

At the new arrivals, Planus calls from the back, "Hello heroes! Mongrel has brought us to this place with signs of great evil afoot. Or great blackness "afin" anyway, which I'm pretty certain was evil. It was really the most amazing vision of a dark net and evil looking humanoid figures and sharks swimming up onto the land," each description is punctuated by grand hand gestures. With a note of disappointment, he finishes "It sounds as though you have already dealt with the flying monkeys."

OOC: I had been reading this thread, but stopped when I started my own adventure several months ago. I did get to the part about gargoyles, but was not thinking of them when I wrote about the flying monkeys. Subconcious is funny. :)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 3/ranger 2

Charlarn and others come back to the encampment, wet and bedraggled. He says, "I can't wait to get back to a warm fire. I hope my shield doesn't rust."

SlagMortar said:
At the new arrivals, Planus calls from the back, "Hello heroes! Mongrel has brought us to this place with signs of great evil afoot. Or great blackness "afin" anyway, which I'm pretty certain was evil. It was really the most amazing vision of a dark net and evil looking humanoid figures and sharks swimming up onto the land," each description is punctuated by grand hand gestures. With a note of disappointment, he finishes "It sounds as though you have already dealt with the flying monkeys."
Charlarn stops and sets down his haversack. "Hail follower of the Stray Dog. The Searcher provides, indeed. You're here to help us rid the lake of the evil that infests it? We just came back from a fight with the merrow. It didn't go well. We lost six of our allies, the mermen, down there. We almost lost Zack to the merrow's spears, as well. How was your trip here?"

SlagMortar

First Post
"I guess we are at that and not arrive a moment too soon it would seem. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. When will you be ready to go back? The trip here was pretty uneventful, unless you count Opale writing in her book as entertainment."

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
XP award
Based on Charalarn's character sheet, it looks like our last two xp awards got lost in the crash. Anyone know when the date I last gave you time xp through was? Also, does everyone have their correct xp totals?

Just to finish the thought, so that everyone is on the same footing for the next reward:I'm going to conclude I last gave time based xp on 5/2/6.

Time xp 5/2/6 to 7/16/6
3rd level characters: 375 xp
5th level characters: 625 xp

The big battle was mildly disastrous, but there was certainly a lot of effort expended. I'm going to assign an ad hoc award of 300 xp for it.

Totals:
Zack and Dalamar: 675 xp
Iggy, Sara and Charlarn: 925 xp

(I don't believe anyone made a new level, but Charlarn is really close to 6th, will probably make 6th at next xp reward.)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 3/ranger 2

SlagMortar said:
"I guess we are at that and not arrive a moment too soon it would seem. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. When will you be ready to go back? The trip here was pretty uneventful, unless you count Opale writing in her book as entertainment."
Charlarn extends his hand. "I'm Charlarn of Phyrah. These are my companions, Sara, the warrior, the brothers, Zack and Ducane, and the wizard, Ignatious. You say a vision brought you here? It sounds like the one we got after we destroyed the stonebird men. We need to dry off and get some rest. Those merrow fight well."

OOC: In the morning, Charlarn will prepare
Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, light (2), mending;
1-bless, sanctuary*, shield of faith, summon monster I;
2-shield other*, silence, spiritual weapon.
*Domain spell.

Thanks for the XP, Patlin.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases