A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Patlin

Explorer
Emerging from the Red Dragon Inn, having obtained directions from Joe, the adventurers prepare for a long journey to the north, beyond the mountains and to the lake in which their Merfolk employers reside.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zack Grimm waits for the others that took on the job at the northern edge of Orussus. He is sharpening the blade of his scythe with a whetstone, not a sign of impatience in him.

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious O'Reilly

"I have a pony, which can carry me, and perhaps a little extra equipment." Iggy fetches his pony from Joe's stables. Then, from the safety of Sara's shadow, he approaches Zach Grimm.

"Nice, um, pointy thing you've got there. Sure to be useful if we get in a fight. I'm a divinor myself. I try to leave the fighting to Sara here. Nice to meet, you, though, Mr. Grimm."

Dalamar

Adventurer
Stopping the whetstone for a moment, Zack looks over the wizard and warrior. Nodding, he goes back to tending to his scythe.
"Nice to meet you."

Xael

First Post
Ducane Grimm, Human Fighter 1

Ducane follows up, giving a slight nod to his companions. "Hi, nice to meet you. Never mind Zack, he's naturally creepy.", he says.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Charlarn leaves for the temple and drops off his notes on his recent adventures. He meets with the administrator. "Windwalker Cocer, here are my notes on Monemvassia. I hope they will be informative."

The older cleric responds, "I'll read them with great interest, Zephyr Charlarn. You look as though you're ready to take the road again."

"I am. Some merfolk to the north have asked for help. The party responding to their call have no priest with them, so I volunteered. I know some of them from previous trips."

Cocer says, "The road calls to us all. May the wind be at your back and the Searcher guide your journey."

"Thank you, Windwalker." Charlarn goes back to his room at the Red Dragon and changes from his robes to his chain shirt. He folds the vestments and places them into his pack. hefting his pack onto his back, he heads outside to meet the others.

OOC: I'll be at GenCon until Monday. Manzanita, could you NPC Charlarn until then, please? Thanks.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sara, gregarious human fighter

Xael said:
Ducane follows up, giving a slight nod to his companions. "Hi, nice to meet you. Never mind Zack, he's naturally creepy.", he says.

"creepy?" Sara grins at Zack. "Nothing creepy about keeping your gear in working order, you have to be proud of your tools, eh? Have you seen my new swords?" She quickdraws two impressivly made and ballanced blades, and spins them about in a quick weapons drill, enhanced by the twirling silk ribbons attached to the hilts. "Now creepy is waking up and finding two of your friend. Did Iggy ever tell you that story, Charlarn?" She sheaths the swords and launches happily into the tale. "We were staying at this inn in a weird sort of underwater city and I wake up in the middle of the night and there's two different Iggys there, totally identical! Now first thought - bonus!" She gives a wink and grin designed to make the halfling blush to his roots, "But then it turns out they wanted to kill each other, so not so good...."

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious

Ignatious blushes and smiles. He's getting more used to Sara's offcolor comments, and doesn't turn as red as he used to. "Yes, dopplegangers. Can assume any form, and read their victim's minds, so they can affect their personalities. You never know who to trust when they're around." Iggy pauses, and glances around with consternation.

"But surely none around here. In any case, let's be off!"

Patlin

Explorer
Heading out of Orussus, the party initially has a peacefull ride across the countryside. Bandit problems, which had plagueed the area repeatedly, have been violently suppressed and the roads have been rendered safe for travelers and merchants alike. It may only be a matter of time until new highwaymen rise up on the roads north of Orussus, or until the bandits rumored to operate to the east expand their opperation, but for now you reap the benefits of the law and order as you travel for an extended period without interruption.

There is a pass through the Northern mountains coloqulially known as "Big/Little Pass" which comes out near the city state of Andren, which is nearly due north of Orosus. There are many smaller villages in the hills around andren, including a now largely non existant one named RedOak.

[ooc: I'm stealing this last paragraph verbatim from here. Originating from KB, as it happens.]

Once you enter the pass, the going will likely get harder. Each of you spend 1 gold on various provisions, both for the trail and at the occasional roadside inn. you may also want to get some extra provisions before heading into the mountain. At the moment, you are in a rather unremarkable small town, where the proprietor of the general store has informed you he can offer a last opportunity to stock up on food and everyday items before venturing into the mountains.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases