Tales of the eldeen reaches

DrZombie

First Post
Stulgar:
Stulgar watches his friend walk over to the mayor. justas he decides to join him, Sturges walks over to him, a foaming beer-mug in his hand.
"Here, son," his deep voice rumbles. "Have a drink."
He looks at you, thoughtfull, then chuckles.
"Do you remembe chasing that dog with a stick when you where 3 years old, because it had ruined your sandcastle? It must have been as big as you, but you weren't afraid. No, not one bit."

He grabs you in a fierce bear hug. "You'll do me proud, boy. I know it. But come back, you hear. There are worse things out there then dogs, and they'll ruin more then a sandcastle. Don't let your temper rule you, son."He whispers, while holding you tight.

DrZombie

First Post
Umbra.
Your father walks up to you, uncomfortable, and disapproving of the smoke.

"Now, son, you can't be having that when you go on a trip with the Great Druid" The capitals are evident in the tone of his voice.

He stops, hesitating, not really knowing what to say to his son.

DrZombie

First Post
Ranvar:

With juice and beer running down your face you stand in the middle of attention, receiving a few slaps on the back and a wishyouwell from the villagers.

(OOC: roral and Silver, you seem to be doing fine)

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
"Thanks, thanks! Farewell all! I promise to bring you back many stories of our travels!"

Ranvar staggers through the crowd, seeking out his younger sisters.

"You two...stay out of trouble while your big brother is away. I'll bring you something nice back when I return."

He hugs the both of them and trundles off into the woods just off of the meeting place for the morning so he can meditate, feel close to nature, and finally, fall asleep.

Krug

Newshound
DrZombie said:
Caw:
You rush off to the hut at the side of the village that you call home. It's a bit rundown, but quite comfortable and cozy, and it's clear that it's inhabited by a bachelor.
You start packing, sniffing at various shirts to determine wether they are clean or not. Aluir looks at the frantic going-ons and chuckles.
In the background you can hear the sound of the villagers, when you hear a knock on the door.
You see your half-sister, Ethain, who hesitates before coming in.
"Hi, Caw," she says softly. "Can I come in?"

Caw snaps at the snickering Aluir. "I do not see you helping out! All you do is eat seeds. You do not even hunt anymore! The mice could outrun you, even a pregnant one!" Caw goes about the room, picking up his research and notes about his spellcraft.

"Why why yes, of course, half-sister," says Caw. "Have you heard? Tomorrow I set off on a journey. It is an important one!" The sorcerer says, excitedly.

Ferrix

Explorer
DrZombie said:
Umbra.
Your father walks up to you, uncomfortable, and disapproving of the smoke.

"Now, son, you can't be having that when you go on a trip with the Great Druid" The capitals are evident in the tone of his voice.

He stops, hesitating, not really knowing what to say to his son.

Umbra's gaze drifts down from his fathers face, drawing in a long breath of the smoke and waited. He knew his father disapproved, his father seemed to disapprove of everything about him it seemed. Exhaling the smoke in a twisting cloud, "then I better do it now." His eyes raise to his fathers, and then the smugness drops away and is replaced by a boyish smile, "it is a night of festivities is it not? I've heard you tell tales of the nght you passed your rite of becoming, they were surely more festive than a meager few puffs of smoke."

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Silver said:
"Roral. What do you make of this journey? Did Master Scarfang say you were to be our leader?"

Roral turns to the quiet and withdrawn female and tilts his head when he hears her question.

'Hmm. No... I do not believe Scarfang gave me any sort of leadership control over the rest of you... and to be honest, I do not know how many of you would have listened to me even if he had. I think that what he meant was that in order for me to learn more about what it takes to lead, I would need to follow him on his journey in the morn.'

He grins at the more pacifistic and fairly attractive shifter and shrugs his shoulders.

'Of course, if I can actually somehow convince the rest of you to do things my way... then that'll prove my abilities right there! Granted, the odds of that ever happening are probably several thousand to one...' as he glances over and sees Umbra deliberately disobeying his father, Ranvar indulging in the ale more than is probably wise, and even Silver looking a bit disapprovingly of the bastardword he has strapped to his hip... 'but really, who knows! Heh heh! I just hope that this journey will give me the experience out of the village I need to convince Master Marrillian to recommend me to the Defender's Guild.'

As the night has progressed further than he realized, and because he was up the entire night before with the others during their Rite... Roral starts to yawn, which he tries to stifle with his hand.

'Ugh... I must be more tired than I thought. I suppose a good night sleep is in order so I am more prepared for tomorrow. Have a good night Silver. I will see you in the morn.'

He nods to girl, gives her one last smile, then turns and walks back to his family's farmhouse for the night... waving good night to the rest of the villagers still at the party.

Ozmar

First Post
Silver continues to hover about the party for a while, chatting with friends and thinking about Scarfang's words. But as the night grows old, she gets pensive and excuses herself to prepare for the trip.

She hurries home and gathers everything together that she thinks she'll need, and packs it all in eager anticipation for the journey. In the morning, she rises quickly and heads to the meeting place, hoping to be there before Scarfang arrives to impress him with her promptness.

Bront

The man with the probe
DrZombie said:
Stulgar:
Stulgar watches his friend walk over to the mayor. justas he decides to join him, Sturges walks over to him, a foaming beer-mug in his hand.
"Here, son," his deep voice rumbles. "Have a drink."
He looks at you, thoughtfull, then chuckles.
"Do you remembe chasing that dog with a stick when you where 3 years old, because it had ruined your sandcastle? It must have been as big as you, but you weren't afraid. No, not one bit."

He grabs you in a fierce bear hug. "You'll do me proud, boy. I know it. But come back, you hear. There are worse things out there then dogs, and they'll ruin more then a sandcastle. Don't let your temper rule you, son."He whispers, while holding you tight.
"Of course Father. I shall return." he says, hugging back. "You raised me well, and I shall not disapoint."

Felling done with the party, Stulgar wanders back home to gather his things, which are mostly still layed out. He twirls the axe briefly, testing it's weight with a smile, for it is much better balanced than any other he has used.

Waking refreshed, Stulgar puts on his things and goes to meet his friends.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Roral awakens early in the morning, armors up, grabs the rest of his equipment, then walks back into the village and sees Silver and Stulgar already there waiting.

'Good morn! Looks like the group is slowly but surely awakening and getting together. Any sign of Scarfang?'

Remove ads