Tales of the eldeen reaches

Krug

Newshound
"Y-y-yes," says Caw, suddenly unsure after this duty is foisted on him. "I'll take first watch,followed by Ranvarr, Roral, Silver, Stulgar and Umbra. And keep within sight for the firewood! Do not be too far from the clearing. Wait come back... don't leave this place at all! Come back!" shouts Caw.

The sorcerer inspects the deer, wondering if it can be cooked... or if Scarfang had left it and it's meant to be the group's meal. Aliur the raven eyes it hungrily. Caw sends the familiar up to look around to see if there's anything suspicious in the area.

Ferrix

Explorer
Umbra rests his spear upon against a tree, and finds a decent pair of trees to hang his hammock between. Stringing it up, he sits casually down in the hammock watching the others and waiting for them to sort out the fire.

Bront

The man with the probe
Stulgar gathers what would he can within a short reach from the clearing, never out of sight or earshot of his friends. He also takes the time to look for tracks, hoping that perhaps he can find evidence of these others he heard Roral calling to.

Once he's gathered some wood, he returns and builds a small fire

Ozmar

First Post
Silver silently and expertly dresses the deer, setting aside half for travel on the next day, and preparing the other half for cooking. Once the fire is built, she begins roasting various cuts of meat.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Ranvar said:
"What say you Roral...can we make an impenatrable wall of shield and armor to protect our companions? I say yes!"

Roral smiles at him for his enthusiasm. 'Well we shall see, won't we? Of course I'm not exactly clad in my wall of steel at the moment, so if things go to pot you'll be able to hold them off long enough for me to climb back in, won't you?' He then slyly grins at him once more.

The pair return with a supply of wood and set about starting the campfire. As the fire finally blazes, Roral takes out his bastardsword and inspects it's edge.

'Stulgar, any idea of the nature of the deer's injury? It was claw marks, yes? Do we know what kind?'

While the others in the group sit around the campfire, he moves slightly away into the clearing to give himself plenty of space. Roral then begins to drop into different stances, practicing the techniques that Anders Marrillian taught him.

'As I do not know who or what those voices were earlier that I heard... perhaps they were denizens of the forest just enjoying my troubles... there's a chance we have been and still are being watched. Not to countermand your suggestion of watch order, Caw... but with six of us we may want to have two up at a time rather than just one. More eyes and ears could probably be good in this situation. I myself do not have a problem watching for three hours rather than just one and a half.'

He brings the sword around in a wide arc, then leaps to his left in a defensive tactic.

'But as per Scarfang's command... I'll abide by your final decision, whatever you choose it to be.'

Ozmar

First Post
Silver rolls her eyes at Stulgar's display.

"I agree. Double watch sounds more secure. Not that I think we have much to fear around here. But I think it would generally be a good idea. Dinners ready."

She passes out sticks with freshly roasted venison for everyone to share.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, the claw marks could be a shifter's, or could be an animal's, but by the broken neck, I'd assume someone got close enough to snap it, which would have to be either some kind of bear, or a humanoid. If I'd had time to look at it more, I might tell you more, but I'm hungry myself, and it seems Silver is as well, as she's already dressed it." Stulgar smiles "We're with Scarfang, and perhaps other men of the wilds, so I souldn't doubt that one of them had something to do with this."

Stulgar thanks Silver and tears into his meat. "While I can take a watch myself, it is far safer if we pair up in some way. I suggest those that are a bit more at home in the woods or more alert in general try to pair up with someone who is not," he says to Caw.

Stulgar helps anyone who need assistance setting up their bed rolls, trying to point out the better spots on the ground that he sees. Eventualy he sets his own up as well in a practiced mannor that takes very little time. He takes his pack off and sets his axe, bow, and arrows down beside his bed but in easy reach.

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Ranvar smiles at the watch discussion, and then chimes in.

"Double watches, single watches...it matters not to me. All I am interested in knowing is weather or not I'm going first so I can decide wetaher or not to take off this steel waistcoat I'm outfitted in."

Ozmar

First Post
Silver finishes her meal. "Perhaps you should take the first watch, then Ranvar? Your discomfort will keep you alert." She blushes slightly. "And... uh... well, I guess I'm not very tired. I volunteer for first watch. Caw? What say you?"

Krug

Newshound
"W-w-well.. yes, double watch might be b-better. Ranvarr and Roral, Silver and Stulgar and f-f-finally Umbra and m-me," the sorcerer says, poking at the meat. "The deer... it was attacked and killed, but not slain. Why? Is not the way of the forest to c-consume?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases