Gwendolynn Von Holden's Diary: Can't a girl get some sleep around here?

Eeralai

First Post
Naga Lair, Day 5 after treasure

Gold coins found: too many to count ; Gems found: too many to count; Armor and weapons found: who cares? Number of times have thought about lightning magic in last hour: 100

The sound of thunder still rings through my ears. Am amazed party is not deaf from two lightning bolts going off in this rock-lined room. Even more amazed at the jolt of lust I have to acquire lightning magic. Falon merely read a lightning spell from a scroll. But Ramni called it from all around him. It is godlike to control such power and yet, Ramni is not a cleric. Why can’t our cleric do magic like that?

Anyway, room stinks of ozone and blood. The snake/woman creature lay like a dead worm that didn’t make it underground before the sun dried it up after a storm. Didn’t want to go near the thing, but Korliss and Chani moved it away. Underneath her podium, we discovered her piles of treasure. A new lust took hold of me as I watched the gems glimmer in the torchlight. Purple, white, and blue sparkled at me like a rainbow waiting to be touched. The others gasped when the podium was first opened, but I didn’t gasp until I saw it: tossed to the side with the coins instead of in the midst of the gems lay the red tourmaline from my dreams.

I walked towards the treasure and started to reach out with my hand when Ternell cleared his throat and said, “I think most of this goes to the town of Orlane. It was them she was robbing from and we may have burned down their town.”

Had to shake my head clear as others began to murmur in agreement. Then Korliss piped up and said, “That can’t be all theirs. Orlane is not that big. If all of this belonged to the town, they would be vying for Greerson for the largest city.”

“Hmmm,” said Ternell. “Well, we may take some, but most of it must be given to Orlane. They were made slaves for Pter’s sake!”

In the end, each person took a few things, even Ramni. I got the red tourmaline without a fuss. Now I just have to figure out the meaning of it. We have holed ourselves up in here until we can take on the remaining troglodytes. At least everyone is in a good mood. What’s this?

Falon just came in from an anteroom waving some papers. Looks like Explicticus was only a small part of a much larger cult. He and Korliss found directions to other outposts in the Impassable Forest. Now we will carry on debating over finding and destroying rest of cult. Think we should do it, but think we need to go back to Orlane before. Too tired to argue now. Must rest and maybe dream of rock again.

Eeralai

First Post
I enjoyed celebrating the players' birthdays during this campaign. In April, we had three and one year it was right after the naga went down. I made this little cake for them from my wonder woman cake pan from my childhood. Sadly, now they are lucky if I remember. But I do buy yummy ice cream cakes when I do, since I have no cake baking time right now.

Attachments

• Naga_Cake.jpg
    Naga_Cake.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 129

Steverooo

First Post
EEK! :uhoh: Gwen is getting stoned! Uh, I mean, a stone! It was bad enough when she was just drinking wine! What kinda messes will she be getting the PCs into, now?!?

:lol:

BSF

Explorer
Oh believe me, this is only the beginning.

I think the party came out of this adventure averaging about 5th level. Then they skedaddled straight off into the Impassable Forest. Plenty of combat mayhem ensues. I hope Gwen will spend a little more time discussing how some of those played out and what happens as far as development of characters. You did catch the little snippet about Chani's sword right? That should be coming up again soon. Gwen also skipped over a couple of significant bits of treasure.

Chani picked up the Harp of the Golden Nightingale, which is a harp that adds to perform checks, especially when it is nighttime and the harp sings accompaniment to whatever is being played.

Ternell also picked up a bastard sword that once belonged to an historical High Knight of Pter. It isn't a magical sword, but it is significant for it's history and it's significance to the church of Pter.

Eeralai

First Post
We are working with setting and perspective in a writing class I'm taking. I decided to take what just happened and rewrite it in an omnicient perspective. This is what happened:

Thunder reverberated off the stone walls making Gwen clasp her hands over her ears, but
the other's merely flinched. The lightning bolt had driven the magical darkness away,
allowing Ternell to shove his sword through the last standing troglodyte. Blood
smattered the floor and walls, and small pools of it formed near the bodies. Korliss
stepped out from behind a curtain on the podium and kicked the naga to be sure she was
dead. The shove pushed a trickle of blood over the side of the podium, but didn't elicite
a move from the monster. Thinking it was safe, Korliss motioned to Chani, who set aside her
lute to help move the body.

The torch light cast shadows onto the stones that seemed to dance as the group moved around
the room, piling up the dead. Aaron mumbled to himself over the uselessness of the other magic
types in the party when it came to tasks like this. When the troglodytes were shoved together,
the naga was draped over them like a sash for a lich. Korliss thought he had noticed something odd
about the podium when he was moving the naga and went back to investigate. He saw the top
of it lifted off, and got Chani, Ternell, Aaron and Ardel to help him. They all gasped at the
glimmering jeweles and coins beneath it.

On the top lay a small harp carved from pale wood. Chani strummed it gently, and the notes filled
the room with a beauty unheard before in the chamber. Ternell and Aaron remarked about a sword that
had the markings of their god Pter on it. The rest of the group were ready to go through the
treasure carefully and quickly, except for Gwen who cried out about one of the gems.

Steverooo

First Post
Well, y'see, I have this problem...

...I don't like to eat anything that I could talk to. That kinda rules out sentients; even dead ones. Things have kinda gotten worse, since I gained access to Speak With Animals, and I really don't know WHAT I'll do when I gain access to Speak With Plants! :uhoh: What's that leave? Yeast & Sourdough, Undead (!), Vermin, and Oozes (!)? :confused:

Eeralai

First Post
Sorry

Had some distractions this week. I am hoping to update today or tomorrow during nap time. It's nice to know someone out there is interested in what happens next :)

Remove ads