Gwendolynn Von Holden's Diary: Can't a girl get some sleep around here?

Eeralai

First Post
On the Road, Day 6 After First Battle

Number of Powers discovered: 0 Wheeeeeen?? Number of powers used:0 No call for charming or fire finger against kobolds. Number of cross bow bolts used: lost count as whole thing happened too fast.

Ughh. Smell of dead kobold wafts far too well through trees. Would throw-up again, but stomach has been empty for awhile now. At least Chani has managed to sing the children to sleep. She’s a tough woman with a sweet voice. Suppose I should recount from beginning of day.

We’ve been traveling through small villages on our way to Orlane. Most of them are fairly hostile against adventurers, so have had to camp outside of towns. Today, we ran into a caravan on their way to a new settlement. All of their children had been kidnapped by kobolds. They were arguing about what to do, and, of course, we volunteered to help them. A few men from the caravan joined us, and we began to follow the trail the kobolds had left. By “we” I really mean the others, since I have no idea what kobold tracks look like. The others seemed to think the tracks went off to the side and doubled back a bit. But somehow, during all this tracking, they missed the part where the kobolds hid themselves until we had ridden past them, and then shot at us with a slew of crossbow bolts.

I’m not sure how I managed to stay on my horse. He panicked, especially when the overgrown weasels tried to attack him. But I managed to stay on and shot my crossbow the best I could. I don’t know if I hit anything. Not sure fighting is Greerson’s Glory’s strength. Lajon tried to jump over his own horse to attack a kobold sorcerer, but I think he must’ve tripped on the horses head, because he landed sprawled at the foot of the sorcerer with spears stuck into him. The constant yapping of the kobolds is still ringing in my ears. Chani tried to sing over it, and I felt better for it. Maybe the rest of the party could not hear her over the yapping, and that’s why they’re all unconscious. Or maybe it’s because Aaron wasn’t doing any healing. Or maybe because Ternell felt the need to guard the caravan in case they were attacked again. Either way, can’t believe I had to move all those heavy bodies around. Tried to will myself to heal the wounds enough for them to wake up, but nothing happened.

Gahhh. Have dreadful emptiness when think of Korliss. All those warnings about me dying on this adventure, and now he’s dead. Chani must feel worse. He was the only one she’d talked to, even if it was just to tell him off. Feel the worst for the children. Some of their father’s are dead. If I had more powers, would’ve been able to stop whole thing. Must double my efforts to discover new magic.

BSF

Explorer
Yes folks, you have read that correctly. Ternell, the paladin, stayed behind to guard the caravan while the rest of the group went to save the children.

Story Hour tales look harsh when the Paladin's player misses the game session. Some of you might ask why Aaron hasn't done any healing. Give it time. Maybe his player will jump in here at some point and add commentary?

Eeralai

First Post
injuredwyvern said:
Great story so far! Great style too!

It's just too bad I was so sucky then...

Thanks injuredwyvern! Yeah, it would be nice to play low level adventures with high level characters :) I'm excited to get to the Orlane adventure. Feel free to come in and add to what I come up with for when we meet Falon. It would also be cool if you wanted to add some of the conversations you had with the dragon sword here and there :)

Eeralai

First Post
On the Road, Day 7 After Breakfast

Most of party conscious again, except for Korliss, of course. Had interesting conversation with Aaron as he was helping to bury the dead bodies.

“Excuse me, but why didn’t I see you do any healing in that battle? I thought that’s what clerics did.”

“Well,” stammered Aaron. “I haven’t exactly received a blessing from Pter yet.”

“Excuse me?”

“I don’t have a blessing, okay? I didn’t finish training with my brother, hoping I would find Pter’s blessing on the road. It’s just taking a little longer than I thought it would."

“And when were you going to get around to telling us this?”

“Everyone knew.”

“I didn’t know! Did you think I’d be dead after our first battle, so you didn’t think I’d notice a little thing like you not being able to heal?”

“Look, I’m sorry I wasn’t clearer in the interview that I don’t have the blessing of Pter. It’s not something I like to discuss.”

“Is there anything else I should know about you? Are you being--- Hey! Ternell! Korliss is dead. We need to bury him not take him with us.” At this point I saw Ternell lifting Korliss onto his horse. I didn’t think Ternell was the sharpest blade in the group, but I did think he could tell a dead body from a live one.

“Maybe we can resurrect him,” said Ternell.

“Yeah,” said Aaron, suddenly perking up.

“You mean bring him back from the dead?” I asked.

“Yeah,” said Ternell. “We’ll take him with us until we find a priest who can help us out.”

“I’ve never heard of a priest who could resurrect. Back home when somebody died, they were, well, dead.”

“You just need to have faith in Pter,” said Aaron.

“I need to have faith in the god who won’t even give you his blessing to heal people? In that case, could we bury Korliss now because I don’t like the look and smell of dead bodies.”

“We’re taking him with us,” insisted Aaron.

“I’ll look after him,” said Ternell.

Humph. Will try to always ride upwind of Ternell.

Eeralai

First Post
On the Road, Day 7, Nightfall

Met man at crossroads who said we were close to a Chapel of Pter. Aaron and Ternell v. excited that priest there might be able to resurrect Korliss. If priest that powerful, why didn’t they know about the existence of this temple. Not v. far from Ft. Greerson. Would think they would’ve heard of it.

Eeralai

First Post
Chapel of Pter, Day 1

Arrived at Chapel today and met Priest Boffly. V. kind and able man. Interviewed us extensively about Korliss. Asked us what he had been doing when he died and what kind of a life he led in general. Found out Korliss didn’t worship any god, and had participated in some questionable activities earlier in his life. Was surprised when Boffly said he doubted Pter would bring Korliss back to life, but he would ask in the morning. Is it possible he really knows how to resurrect people? Anxious for morning to come.

Eeralai

First Post
Chapel of Pter, Day 2

Am filled with amazement! Woke up early to witness attempt at resurrection. Not all of party was interested in watching. Lajon thinks it’s wrong for a person to come back from the dead. He made it clear that he would not participate in any way and said that we should never attempt to bring him back if he died. I was too full of curiosity to miss out, so I followed Ternell and Aaron into the chapel. Priest Boffly said some words and then began his magic. The room filled with a bright light and Korliss sat up, dazed but healthy. Am in awe of both Priest Boffly and Korliss. Can’t believe there is someone so powerful in this world, and can’t believe Pter would wish Korliss to come back. He’s a nice guy, but he must be something special for a god to return him to this world. Maybe should reconsider being religious. Never had much use for it before. My parents prayed the same every year, but some years we had good crops and some years bad crops. Amount of praying seemed to have no influence. Maybe our farming god just wasn’t powerful like Pter. Lots to think about.

Eeralai

First Post
Chapel of Pter, Day 14

Thoughts of Jalik, 58: much better! Floors scrubbed 5; Times Korliss caught me looking at him in wonder 11; Powers discovered: 1 Huzzahhhh!!!

Have spent time helping out at the Chapel of Pter. We had no money to pay for the resurrection, so have been fixing it up. Accolytes have been enjoying some time off I think. I have been faithful to my meditations and finally opened up a new power within me. Not sure how helpful it will be, but it’s a start. Have ability to distract someone’s mind so they forget what they were doing. If I can distract a powerful mage who is attacking me, will be very helpful. Tempting to use it on Ternell to distract him from his chores. Priest Boffly always on him to set a good example and would be funny to see him getting into trouble. Still mad at him for staying behind with the caravan while rest of party got slaughtered. Anyway, we will soon be on the road again to Orlane. Hope Lord Greerson wasn’t in a rush for us to return.

Funeris

First Post
Eeralai,

I'm enjoying the style of this as well. Its nice to have a break from 3rd person narrative on occasion. Keep it up. :D

BSF,

If you could post the info on the races, I'm interested. I always enjoy reading about differences from setting to setting (especially since I desire ridding my world of a few stereotypical races). :D

Thanks.

~Fune

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases