Gwendolynn Von Holden's Diary: Can't a girl get some sleep around here?

Eeralai

First Post
Hooray! Thanks so much for posting Russ! Please do so again anytime! Even after the few choice words Gwen has about Korliss now ;)

Eeralai

First Post
Day 2, Orlane before breakfast

Oh Gods! Korliss looked in my journal and left me a note! How could this happen? What is he, a thief? Now he knows about my feelings for Jalik and Falon. Will he tell them? How can I look at any of them again??? And today was the day for my big plan. Okay....breath deeply. Must not completely lose composure. At least Korliss doesn't know Jalik. But Falon....will pretend like I haven't even seen his note. And he wants to cuddle???? What is that? What does that mean? I cuddled with my dolls growing up. Is that what he wants? Breath. Panicking again. Must be calm and confident or will blow plans today. Breath again. Will go have my breakfast. Hope I don't just throw it up. Maybe I shouldn't eat.

Russ

First Post
BY the gods I slept good last night. A soft bed at an inn does wonders over the hard ground. I always wondered what that little girl was writing. I thought maybe she was gonna rat us out to somebody but it was just idle prattle for the most part. She seems to like a few different men and has no clue how to approach them. She'll need to practice her flirting if she's gonna catch their eye. I'll mosey around and find breakfast before the others get up. I hope Gwen doesn't get too upset about me reading her book. Just curious was all. I felt like I had to warn her about life, men and the dangers of both. She kinda reminds me of my little sister. I wonder how she's doing? I haven't seen my brother or sister in years. They probably think I'm dead by now anyway. So far I've even been lucky enough to have gotten far enough away from the Brotherhood that nobody recognizes me or knows my past. Just as well as theres some things I ain't too proud of. It all went downhill after the Captain died. A mercenary outfits job is to kill for money but we was particular about who and what we jobbed out for. Later the men just turned cruel and slaughtered for the joy of killing. Ain't no glory to be had with that. Oh well, let the past rest and live for tomorrow. I can't correct my sins but I can avoid making any new serious ones. Protect the women and kids, charm the tavern wenches with a smile and some coin and treat folks right as long as they don't hurt me or my new brothers in arms. I wonder if I should tell Falon about the awe struck kid? Nah she'd probably throw a fit and whine for the next two days. Let her keep her secrets too. She's a spunky one that's for sure but I wish she'd let us send her home. Scares the hell out of me to think of something happening to either of the two gals. Pleasant company but ain't no place for them out here. It was an odd feeling dying like that and being brought back. I remember feeling the pain. GOD it hurt and then right at the end it just kinda faded and I didn't feel much of anything. It was like my body quit and my soul just drifted out , looked back, and said thats enough. Next thing I know I'm brought back by that priest fella of Pter and feeling weak as a baby for a while. I owe them one, a big one. Don't feel right about joining their religion but maybe I can help their kind out some day. Them priests earned some respect that day for sure. I wonder if there's a God that would have a mess like me. I bet they can look right into a man and tell what he's done with his life. I ain't too sure I'd like to meet up with a god anyway. All that power and me just a little piss ant of a fella. A guy like me wouldn't stand a chance. Someday I'll be somebody, I just gotta live long enough. I like that thought. Old age, a wife , and a posse of kids running around. Maybe when I'm done with this adventuring business and made some money I'll head back east and find that girl. What was her name again? Tanisha, that was it. Dang it's been too long. Sweet little girl. I think I might have actually loved her a little in the brief time we had together. Enough reminiscing, my stomachs growling again. Who's this Jalik fella???

Steverooo

First Post
DUDE! PLEASE break all that text up into paragraphs!!! :D

(The next little bit is just my way of commenting on the story)...

:D

Last edited:

Steverooo

First Post
Eredave's Journal: New World, Day 1

Off the Forge, at last! Here's hoping I never see THAT place, again! As many worlds as I've been thrown to, you'd think I majored in World-Hopping! Makes me wonder if Evadere somehow managed to fire off a curse, before she died... As many as I've gotten out of, though (including the ones that're supposed to be impossible!), you'd think I majored in Escape Artistry! Anyway, I spent money I didn't really have on more maps. This place surely isn't Greyhawk! I'll have to make my way to a large city, somewhere, someplace where they have Sages knowledgable of the Planes, and see if I can find any way home... I wonder how much that will cost? These Humans always want money for everything! If I'm lucky, maybe I can find some Elves.

The people here don't even speak Common! Amazing how many worlds that seems to work on. This is the first one I've been to where it hasn't worked. Thank God for that, anyway! Despite the communication problem, the Humans here are a typical lot, from what I've seen. A little more afraid of the forest than most. They seemed to find it odd that I rode in alone...

I met an interesting bunch in the inn, this morning... A pretty little girl, Elvish (or more probably descended, as she didn't seem to have the wisdom of a century of living)... I haven't seen violet eyes, in a while! A Sorceress, by the looks of her (although she had no spell component case), and talkative as all get-out (even if I didn't understand a word of it)! I'm only 120, and she seems to have more energy than I do! Almost ran into me, with my saddlebags! Then there was the big, bad Barbarian... I avoided him. I still don't trust the last one I met...

A couple of Fighter-types, an Axeman who reminded me a bit of the legendary Karl Belford, although of less Noble bearing... The other looked like a typical shifty merc... Probably a Farmboy-cum-Rogue, before that. Not that I hold that against him! ;) He didn't try to pick my pocket, and I returned the favor. I also didn't claw him up so much that he fell out the window he just came in, and broke his neck on the ground, like the last one who tried that, either. Profit for the both of us!

A couple of religious types, one probably a Paladin, the other obviously a Cleric. They both had the same holy symbol, although I didn't recognize it. I greeted the Paladin, but he didn't seem to notice (or maybe he just didn't understand me... who knows, in this place? I probably got the word for "Hello" wrong!). The Cleric seemed absorbed in self-contemplation, so I just let'em go. They both looked like they had other things on their minds...

The Bard was odd, though... Even the evil ones seem to have more charisma than this one bothered using... She seemed the most mean-spirited thing, with her own party, that I've ever seen. I wonder what her problem was? Maybe she's as unhappy with her current adventuring party as I was with the last two.

The last guy had the build and balance of a dancer, but the large, lumpy muscles of a weight-lifter, and no spell component case, either. Maybe a really buff Sorcerer who eschews materia, or more likely a Monk. They all looked pretty low level, with nothing obviously magical, but you never know...

They discussed some business of theirs, right out in public... I assume they must be new to adventuring. I could have overheard all their plans, if I'd a mind to... Fortunately for them, I wasn't interested. I think I learned about five or six words during breakfast, though.

Well, they have their business, and I have mine. Never again, the "joining with a party, along the road, for safety in numbers". NEVER AGAIN! That's how I got transported to the last two worlds, willy-nilly! No, THIS time, I'm going straight cross-country, off the roads and through the woods! I don't care how dangerous the locals think the forest is. It's almost home, to an ancient Elven Ranger like me, and I can be in that big city (what was its name, again? I'll have to check the map, when I stop for lunch, and see if I can decipher any more of the script) in less than two weeks, cutting almost a month of travel time!

Unless it's arrow-proof, I pity anything that gets in my way! :] Hopefully the next forest I see will be on the Flanaess! I'm in no mood to be held up!

I'd better get down to the stable and give Arrohir his feed. It'll be a long time before he gets any more! We've still got a long way to ride!

Last edited:

Eeralai

First Post
Wow!

I let my story hour languish for a week and look at the gems I get posted! I should do this more often ;)

Welcome to my world Eredave...actually it's my husband's world. You might want to take some time to venture through the forest....the group is going to be in there a loooooong time after Orlane. David kept waiting for us to turn back, but we stubbornly plowed ahead :)

Hopefully I will post how Gwen's plan plays out tonight. The group gets divided up and I was hoping to get some of them to post what happens in different areas. Russ, maybe you could get Chani to come say a word or two if not now, then after we split?

BSF

Explorer
*laugh*

That's great Steveroo. Alas, it doesn't quite work out due to some strange idiosyncracies of my world. Mind you I am not complaining. But everyone in the group speaks Durgon Trade Language. It became the default after the Necromancer Wars. Sadly, the Elves all 'left' after the Wars as well. There are story reasons, but the group never pursued them. :(

I really should post some of the oddities of my world. If for no other reason than for people to see how weird my worldview departs from 'core D&D'.

Steverooo

First Post
Eeralai said:
I let my story hour languish for a week and look at the gems I get posted! I should do this more often ;)

No, you shouldn't! That would be a very, very, very bad thing! :(

That was just my way of responding to the characters, as presented so far, from the viewpoint of an outsider who had only seen them, once, and the surmises that he made (some of which are obviously wrong, others of which may or may not be). Consider it a whopping two-cent-tip for serving up the story hour...

I thought maybe some of the PCs might enjoy "hearing" how their characters are coming across to another PC "just passing by". I'm sure a lot of it is flat-out wrong (Lajon may not have muscles, for instance), but, oh well... :p :lol:

Steverooo

First Post
BardStephenFox said:
*laugh*

That's great Steveroo. Alas, it doesn't quite work out due to some strange idiosyncracies of my world. Mind you I am not complaining. But everyone in the group speaks Durgon Trade Language. It became the default after the Necromancer Wars. Sadly, the Elves all 'left' after the Wars as well. There are story reasons, but the group never pursued them. :(

No worries! I "fixed" the language problem, which also let me reveal another facet of my PC's character... Yes, he has a whole, whopping, ONE RANK of Decipher Script! :p

As for the Elves, that's okay; no reason why a newcomer to your world would know that... It's not like that's the first time that the GM has foiled my poor PC's plots and devices! :(

BardStephenFox said:
I really should post some of the oddities of my world. If for no other reason than for people to see how weird my worldview departs from 'core D&D'.

Heh! Fire away! Better yet, work it into the story, if the two of you can. Surely the sagely priest keeps a journal, too, and ponders upon such things... No? :D (Well, we can hope, anyway!)

Okay, back to lurking, now (and picking on Miss Violet-Eyes, when she starts feeling ignored by the rest of the party)! :lol:

Last edited:

Remove ads