PRC to Balance

Cannonfodder

First Post
Looking for references/suggestions to help me balance a couple of PRC's I'm bringing into my campaign.

1. In my campaign gems have innate magic. I would like to develop a prc that allows an arcane caster to tap gems for magic. The first ability would be to use gems like multipurpose scrolls. Certain types of gems would allow you to cast certain types of spells (Ruby would give flame arrow, burning hands or fireball). The Gem's value would determine the level spell it could cast. Once cast the gem is drained of color and cracked. The next ability would allow the caster to tune a gem so that when held it could augment spell casting (+1 spell level for corresponding spells). The gem would need to be held and an exp cost would be associated with creating the gem. Finally they would gain the ability to fuse a tuned gem into an existing magical item (sorta diabol2). Does 5 lvl prc sound right or should it be 10? What prereq's?

2. I have a subrace of halflings who are completely wild. They have devolved into a race of hunters on the planes. Filed teeth, tatoos, limted canibalism. They have a ritual they can perform when they have 8 ranks in survival where they eat the heart of an animal or opponent that they have defeated in combat. They take a portion of the prey's spirit that gives them a 24 hour boon towards track, hit and dmg vs that creature type. I am tryiong to brainstorm for an uberhunter prc.

Thanks for any suggestions

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases