Aeon Flux

takyris

First Post
It looks pretty rotten to me. It was far too colorful and Hollywood to appeal to the people who liked the original series, and just plain didn't look good enough to me to impress the people who wanted a popcorn action flick.

I remember ranting awhile back about how when Hollywood is making an action movie with a female heroine, and the action movie's dialogue is going to suck because the emphasis is on the action, the studio shouldn't insist on getting the world's greatest actress to deliver the sucky lines and then try to train her to move acrobatically. It'd be far better if they just owned the suckiness of the dialogue and got a really athletic woman and give her enough acting lessons to pull off "brooding grim antiheroine with stupid lines".

'Cause Charlize Theron is a great actress, no doubt, but I didn't buy her physically in those clips at all. I anticipate a lot of editing tricks to make it look like she's actually doing graceful gun-fu.

griff_goodbeard

First Post
takyris said:
It looks pretty rotten to me. It was far too colorful and Hollywood to appeal to the people who liked the original series, and just plain didn't look good enough to me to impress the people who wanted a popcorn action flick.

I remember ranting awhile back about how when Hollywood is making an action movie with a female heroine, and the action movie's dialogue is going to suck because the emphasis is on the action, the studio shouldn't insist on getting the world's greatest actress to deliver the sucky lines and then try to train her to move acrobatically. It'd be far better if they just owned the suckiness of the dialogue and got a really athletic woman and give her enough acting lessons to pull off "brooding grim antiheroine with stupid lines".

'Cause Charlize Theron is a great actress, no doubt, but I didn't buy her physically in those clips at all. I anticipate a lot of editing tricks to make it look like she's actually doing graceful gun-fu.

[male chauvanism]Maybe, but I'll get in line just to check out her hot body. She looks damn good in the trailer.[/male chauvanism].... I mean, I'm sure she was selected because of her acting skills.:p

KaosDevice

Explorer
I don't think there is going to be any middleground on this one. It is either going to be a fun two hours at the ciniplex or it is going to completely suck. Only time will tell.

Zym

First Post
Hmmms, I'll probably see it...but so far it seems lacking the proper feel. Not sure I care for Charlize Theron, her face doesn't look right at all, and as mentioned the movement was odd.

I think Carrie Ann Moss would have been a much better choice, at least she looks more the proper body shape, moves well, and carries combat scenes nicely.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases